• Show
Clear All

Beckett. Bringing him back was still a bad idea
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

posted: April 26th, 2008 11:34 AM
      People are still discussing this?

Anyhow, my opinion remains the same. (I voted for Jennifer Keller). I don't find her interesting, she's a nuisance, and she takes up space. Unlike McKay (another character that got on my nerves in the later seasons), she's not particularly interesting or well-written.

However, I no longer believe that simply removing Keller would have fixed many of the show's problems, it would simply be removing a distraction. Fixing the show's problems would require a whole lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        And much, much more... SGA & SG1 aren't yet covered with dust here on GW, in a manner of speaking of course.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

no one, liked all of them.
          http://crazystuffofrandomness.tumblr.com/ My Tumblr page...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            That was what I thought - but I guess we are now talking about who shouldn't be in the SGA movie

Comment

McKay. That might make the show passably watchable again.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Keller: I liked her first but after the ep "Missing", her character just got worse and in season 5 it got entirely annoying.
                Michael: He should have gone a long time ago or just once make his appearance after season 3 ep 2.
                Ronon: Worst actor in the show. All he has in his repertoire is that dumb smile of his. He is a ticking time bomb with his attitude.
                Beckett: Should have never killed him off in season 3 but even worse and so unrealistic is his resurrection as a clone. Come on, cloning his whole memories, just wonder how Michael did that on this planet with no such equipment.
                Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
                  Ronon: Worst actor in the show. All he has in his repertoire is that dumb smile of his. He is a ticking time bomb with his attitude.
                  TPTW didn't give JM anything to do other than his three episodes over the course of 4 seasons - I guess all you do in that case is stand around and look pretty. *shrug*

Comment

I'm remain surprised that Larrin has received so many votes because she was only in 2 episodes. I suppose that when this poll first came out voters were afraid that we would see more of her in future episodes and that made the character seem more prominent than she actually was in SGA.

As for Keller, even after all this time, that character is still awful. In fact, I think time has made her even worse because now that SGA is over, there's no longer any possibility of the character becoming less irritating. IMO, she was somewhat tolerable for much of Season 4, but by Season 5 she had become an overexposed, badly written Mary-Sue that diminished almost every scene she appeared in.

For me, Keller was/is the physical manifestation of everything I detested about the writing for Season 5.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      TPTW didn't give JM anything to do other than his three episodes over the course of 4 seasons - I guess all you do in that case is stand around and look pretty. *shrug*
                      You are to easy on him. He had S2-5 to show his acting skills and we saw a lot of him in S2 but still the only thing I really can remember about him was having two smiles, the "nice" one and the "I can't wait to kill you" one. But there are all kinds of different emotions you can express with a smile: envy, sarcasm, uncertainness. Just look at McKay, this is a believable character. The other thing is, he never developed, ok that is not JM's fault. He just can do one thing, shooting and thanks to that he endangers people and jeopardize missions. We have seen that wraiths can be treacherous, honorable or sadistic, just like humans and they have no other food source than humans. Of course I feel for the humans in PG but the wraiths are not all evil. Still Ronon just wants to kill, kill, kill. You can't have someone like him on a team were you also need diplomatic skills to find a solution. Of course he has all reasons to hate the wraiths but I would like to see developing characters. If SGA wants to show people who can't get over their hatred, ok, but than the consequence is you can't have someone like him in those missions, so byebye.

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                      I'm remain surprised that Larrin has received so many votes because she was only in 2 episodes. I suppose that when this poll first came out voters were afraid that we would see more of her in future episodes and that made the character seem more prominent than she actually was in SGA.
                      I enjoyed the character of Larrin. I also liked the idea of living only on ships because of the wraiths. Brought something new into SGA.

Comment

You are to easy on him. He had S2-5 to show his acting skills...
                        In order to show the acting skills, it requires something to do... and would you know that I have the ultimate proof that JM was hardly used in his screentime or what he was allowed to say as far as words go.

If your boss doesn't give you work, all you do is be bored all day through.

If SGA wants to show people who can't get over their hatred, ok, but than the consequence is you can't have someone like him in those missions, so byebye.
                        He did develop but you have to want to see it of course. But seeing as how your mind is set on JM not being the greatest actor in the bunch, you're obviously closing your mind to what Ronon could have been if he had been given the opportunity.

And why do you think Rodney did develop? Do you want to see the numbers I have on him? You'd be surprised how much Atlantis became the Rodney-show.

And btw - I chose Rodney for the simple fact that it would force TPTW to write for their other characters. Didn't have anything to do with DH's acting skills cause I know he can act (I've seen it in Without A Trace, Forever Knight, A Dog's Breakfast). Besides it's the character, not the actor or actress.

Comment

I think Keller should go. But go in a good way! Like having Rodney's baby haha. Then she could go raise him and everybody else can focus on saving the world(s)

Comment

In order to show the acting skills, it requires something to do... and would you know that I have the ultimate proof that JM was hardly used in his screentime or what he was allowed to say as far as words go. If your boss doesn't give you work, all you do is be bored all day through.
                            SGA had quite some ep which centered around him, e.g. RUNNER, SATEDA, MIDWAY, BROKEN TIES. But I think it's not about quantity but quality. We don't see Halling that often in SGA but he left a much bigger impression on me than Ronon ever did. There are many examples in movies where actors don't have to say many words or not much screening time and still make a great performance.

He did develop but you have to want to see it of course. But seeing as how your mind is set on JM not being the greatest actor in the bunch, you're obviously closing your mind to what Ronon could have been if he had been given the opportunity.
                            Just to make it clear, I don't have anything personal against JM. It's just I can't see any development here, neither of the actor nor of the character. He had the opportunities, see mentioned ep. above.

And why do you think Rodney did develop? Do you want to see the numbers I have on him? You'd be surprised how much Atlantis became the Rodney-show.
                            Well, in the beginning he was a very arrogant, self-centered, insensitive and poor-spirited men. Well, his arrogance is still there but quite less. He thinks more about others now, realized that he hurt other people with his unthoughtfulness and he is more spirited. For example in ep. McKay and Mrs. Miller and The Tao of Rodney you see some of these changes. But I agree with you that SGA became a lot Rodney-centered in the S4-5. I myself thought that already in S3 it started with some ep., which had the same outline in having an almost impossible task that Rodney of course could solve. Which is a shame because I liked it in S1-3 when all of the team members could contribute to a solution.

And btw - I chose Rodney for the simple fact that it would force TPTW to write for their other characters. Didn't have anything to do with DH's acting skills cause I know he can act (I've seen it in Without A Trace, Forever Knight, A Dog's Breakfast). Besides it's the character, not the actor or actress.
                            Well for me Rodney belongs a lot more to SGA than Ronon. I enjoy his rantings and sarcasm a lot more than Ronon smiling and shooting. Sure it's about the character but for me it is the combination of a poorly written character and below average acting skills, at least in this case. But as said before, I don't hate JM as a person.

Huh, just noticed Ronon did develop in TLM. I works together with a wraith and in the end genuinly smiles at him. Unfortunately that was the only episode plus it happened in an alternative future, so, no development of Ronon.
                            Last edited by Skie; 18 March 2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X