Try primal screaming, it helps.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Heh.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
          Just finished the ep, I honestly could've waited until June when it aired on Sci-Fi. I've got say that beam when it hit the water reminded me of when that beam hit Earth from the Enterprise (I'm opposed to the decision to add "Star Trek" to the title of the show) episode "The Xindi." The end was episode epic, now I have to wait 6 months or so until the premiere on Sci-Fi, screw it, I'm done Illegally downloading episodes that haven't aired in the US, it makes the wait too painful now that I've seen it. I give it a ****.

I like Ellis, he's slightly better than Cadwell.

Episodes I'm planning downloading from iTunes when they air in the US
          -The Return Part 2
          -The Tao of Rodney
          -The Shroud
          -First Strike
          -Unending (it's the Series Finale, what the hell do you expect)
          I'm too impatient.

The Score and visual Effects in this one where just great.

Atlantis leaving the planet, one of the very significant events of the franchise.

Monday (September doesn't start till Saturday), the conclusion, part 1. How will they get out of this one?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm re-watching this episode right now and I've got to say it is a great one, I love seeing the Atlantis team taking the offensive against the replicators.

Comment

It was not really the Atlantis team though, more the IOA pushing the order.

Comment

Midweek...one last ep of Atlantis...

1. Ellis is certainly ballsy.

2. The visual effects were pretty damn good.

3. Maybe it would have been a good idea to leave the Reps alone...

4. Boy was Atlantis a mess after this one...

Damn good.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Great effects in this one, loved the ominous red colour of the beam and the eerie light it shone over Atlantis when it hit the shields.

The satellite was an ingenious idea, there was no where to hide on the planet, just creepy that it would follow them. Loved how they grabbed and dragged the asteroid in front of the satellite beam to give them the time to escape from the planet. Poor Weir, taking a face full of glass as the tower was hit, amazing effect that was!

I just keep wondering why they keep pestering the Asurans, honestly it's like kicking a hornets' nest repeatedly, just nuts! They get angry, this was Asuran angry!

Comment

A great ep to end the season on.

Our first introduction to Dr. Keller. Damn she's hot.

Colonel Ellis is an ass. Doesn't deserve command of the Apollo.

I would have loved to see all the Earth ships in combat at once. Including the Hammond.

A first strike on the Replicators. Would have been a good idea if it worked. But boy did it not work.

Damn that missile was cool. Looked awesome as well.

That satellite weapon. Very cool and very clever. I wonder if a combined effort of Drone fire and Asgard beam fire would have been enough to destroy it. Probably not.

Sinking the city sounded like such a good idea. Using an asteroid to block the beam worked well though.

Bye bye Weir I liked you more this time around.
                    sigpic

Comment

What got me was why when they SAW it had a gate in, no one thought to tell atlantis to dial ANYWHERE, so as to prevent the Asuran gate from dialing in.. Since its shield power came FROM the active gate, it would imo have then been easier to take out.

Comment

It is surprising that with all the action that goes on in this episode that their would be time to do some character stuff. I was impressed that with the whole threat of the Asurans that the writers could fit in a Weir subplot doubting herself as the Atlantis adminstrator. Although Weir's comment to Ellis about cringeworthy. Unlike a lot of people I actually liked Ellis as a leader. He came here to do a job that he was assigned too. I liked that although I have to think that did that because Caldwell hadstopped being an antihero and they needed someone to clash with the expedition. But Ellis was still great for tension among the Atlantis expedition. Speaking of Ellis and Weir, sorry but I have to agree with Ellis stance. Rather if the Asurans were heading towards Earth or Atlantis they were preparing for war. There was no way the IOA and the US military could ignore that threat. While their is lots of awe in some of the CGI effects I find the episode lacking in special effect. Yes it was cool seeing Atlantis sink and using an asteroid to have Atlantis fly into space their was not much happened in the city. Well until Weir had that massive injury. Overall despite my minor compliants I do like it.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                          Ah frell, I'm a whole series behind now... >.<
                          A good ep, apart from the end..
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This is an awesome cliffhanger. It is the very last episode of Atlantis I have seen. The Rainmaker visual effect of the laser was stunning. I also liked Col. Ellis. While I'm not too crazy about authority, the military man seemed sincere and got to the point immediately. That is better than stabbing in the back by badmouthing to one's boss or inciting rebellion among staff. Yeah I am very fond of military people.

The Assurans really struck in the heart of the Human settlement. I have not perceived similar threats against Earth to be as serious. We already know the Goa'uld will be stopped. By a few people shooting a few guns. Earth will go on as before with its politicians and petty businessmen. But here there is real physical damage of large scale, and the entire home base is on the brink of destruction. Even if the city survives, the expedition will no longer be home.

I got nothing much against Weir, but I am noting that this episode would be a good way for her to die. Except maybe then the "stepping down" speech would seem to have lead up to this. I'm not sure that's realistic.

Once again I notice that the Humans are all too eager to consume and destroy Ancient technology. They shouldn't need to "wreck" the drilling platform that has survived for thousands of years intact. I feel more attached to it because we did see it from the inside, its size, and now we know that is also useful, unlike some other Ancient projects. The expedition is also loosing Gate Ships at an alarming frequency. At this rate the Humans will need more than one universe of treasure to go on for the next thousand years.

Apparently there are two whole seasons left. I'm looking forward to Humans building or at least recovering bases and ships from Assurans, or apparently the suprisingly capable devices like the hollowed moon base from The Ark.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
                              Once again I notice that the Humans are all too eager to consume and destroy Ancient technology. They shouldn't need to "wreck" the drilling platform that has survived for thousands of years intact.
                              It is quite weird given that the ZPM can be depleted in seconds in "mckay & ms miller" but can't properly power a city taking off.

But yea, this is pretty much the way the entire series goes and continues to go.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
                                I got nothing much against Weir, but I am noting that this episode would be a good way for her to die. Except maybe then the "stepping down" speech would seem to have lead up to this. I'm not sure that's realistic.
                                Jayne Cobb (Firefly) once said:

"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X