No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nekoi - Thanks, as always, for the comments.

Astra - Once again, fun pictures. I love the neon skates and Jack's psychedelic pants. Its always educational to see what the gang does in their off hours.
    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Wow. Not sure I ever inspired anything before. Your version looks great! I have to try the reversible hat now on mine. How hard is it to do? Where did you get the Plan B accessory set? Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
        Wow. Not sure I ever inspired anything before. Your version looks great!
        Many thanks! I got a ton of ideas from your Ultimate line of figures. So if you have any other customs in the works that I can steal ideas from... ahem, be inspired by, I look forward to it. No really, your customs rock.

I have to try the reversible hat now on mine. How hard is it to do?
        Its a matter of putting the head in hot water, letting it sit, and trying to pry the sucker off without burning your fingers. How difficult it will be will probably depend on how much glue/paint they used on that particular figure. One I tried wouldn't budge while another came off fairly well.

Where did you get the Plan B accessory set? Thanks for posting.
        Plan B had a ton of accessories which was great. The only problems were that the majority of their figures were WWII era, were slightly smaller scale, and they don't make 'em anymore anyway. *edit* I take it back. It looks like Plan B does still exist.

You can still get the accessory pack though. I got mine from Big Bad Toy Store on one of their sales. Useful bits if you don't mind doing some modification.

I'm almost tempted to figure out a WWII era, alternate universe, Captain America-ish version of Jack with whats left over.
        Last edited by roll my blues; 08 October 2008, 07:35 AM. Reason: Plan B
        Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
          I'm almost tempted to figure out a WWII era, alternate universe, Captain America-ish version of Jack with whats left over.
          You know that I like to see Jack in whatever you put him! And you would have a time machine/puddle jumper to go with, if you have found time to make this model yet. I'm posting a picture of mine again, just for comparison:

Spoiler:

I have also another custom to show: I made a table tennis table plus the paddles:

Spoiler:
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 October 2008, 10:41 AM.
          Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
            You know that I like to see Jack in whatever you put him! And you would have a time machine/puddle jumper to go with, if you have found time to make this model yet.
            I think I'll make the puddle jumper my next project. I can't believe I'd forgotten about it. Yours looks great.

I have also another custom to show: I made a table tennis table plus the paddles:
            You really have a knack for props. Teal'c looks very at home, haha.

My latest custom...

Kneel before your god! Heru’ur….

I’ve been wanting to do this figure for a while, especially because it gave me another excuse to reuse the Jaffa armor. Trying to find a suitable head for the figure was an ongoing puzzle so I would think about it every once in a while and then put the idea away. Long story short, I finally settled on Shinzon from the AA Star Trek line. For my preferences, I think it turned out to be a fairly decent representation.

Spoiler:

Comment

Here is my 12 inch O'Neill that I did. And it just so happens I am selling him on eBay. This guy took me several years to finish. But times are tough and I need the cash.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...537#ht_500wt_0

Comment

I think I'll make the puddle jumper my next project. I can't believe I'd forgotten about it. Yours looks great.
                Make sure to have a second pair of hands for help and holding, though. It was hard work to glue the round form together, it always snapped back and didn't hold. Don't use too stiff paper. And I only did the easy variant, without the wings.

You really have a knack for props. Teal'c looks very at home, haha.
                Thanks! The legs of the table are even bendable (had a little help and idea from my dad, here, too - so they would bend, but not bend too far and let the table fall, that was no easy task)

Years ago when I was 16 I also did a whole K.I.T.T. (from "Knight Rider") model, only made from cardboard, plywood and modelling mass. Since this would be off topic I give only a link where you can see pictures of it. I made everything movable, the doors, the roof, the lights at the front, the steering wheel...

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/DieAstra/KITT/

My latest custom...

Kneel before your god! Heru’ur….
                OH MY GOD!!! OMG OMG OMG! Hard to kneel when you faint... wasn't it just yesterday, when we talked about this? Where do you live? Can I come visit and play with your puppets? Can I marry you? Um... okay, that didn't come out right!

I did not expect to see him so soon! And the picture with Jack and the knife - awesome! Now we need a picture where we see it stuck through his hand...

Did you need to change anything on the head, or was it already the way it is?

Oh, and I wanted to ask a question about the backwards hat of Jack in your other post. Could you maybe please post a picture of what his head looks like when the cap was removed? Does it have hair and all, and look like the other figures of Jack? If I remove the hat, will I be able to put it back on without glue and it stays, or do I need to fear to lose it, since it is too loose?

Because, I'm thinking of making several pictures, and then making a little movie, of Jack removing his hat, combing his fingers through his hair, and putting the hat back on, as we have seen so often... do you think that could work?

Comment

Wow! I wouldn't have thought of Shinzon. It's funny. When I was trying to watch all 10 seasons of SG-1 I got heavily into making the customs. I acquired a ton of fodder for various customs. Once I finished watching all the seasons, I just stopped with the customs. Lately I've been working on a ton of Indiana Jones customs since Hasbro has said they are ending the line.
                  Last edited by JediKnutt; 12 October 2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Did you need to change anything on the head, or was it already the way it is?

Oh, and I wanted to ask a question about the backwards hat of Jack in your other post. Could you maybe please post a picture of what his head looks like when the cap was removed? Does it have hair and all, and look like the other figures of Jack? If I remove the hat, will I be able to put it back on without glue and it stays, or do I need to fear to lose it, since it is too loose?

Because, I'm thinking of making several pictures, and then making a little movie, of Jack removing his hat, combing his fingers through his hair, and putting the hat back on, as we have seen so often... do you think that could work?
                    Thanks Astra. I can always count on you for enthusiasm and you really delivered on this one! It was funny that you did mention Heru’ur a few days ago because I had just figured out how I could maybe pull him off. I think it would also make for a decent two-pack, Jack and Heru’ur. The only modifications to the head were the earrings (copper wire) and the painted goatee.

Here’s a picture of Jack without a hat. Not too pretty. Without the hat you’re left with a misshapen noggin. Anything is possible though. You don’t need to worry about glue though. The hat is a snug fit and remains secure on its own.

Wow! I wouldn't have thought of Shinzon. It's funny. When I was trying to watch all 10 seasons of SG-1 I got heavily into making the customs. I acquired a ton of fodder fro various customs. Once I finished watching all the seasons, I just stopped with the customs. Lately I've been working on a ton of Indiana Jones customs since Hasbro has said they are ending the line.
                    In the limited time I’ve been doing this I find I go through stages of frenzied customization with long dry spells. So hopefully that Stargate fodder will serve you well again. Do you have someplace that you post your other customs?

Comment

Heru’ur looks AMAZING! My mind has been BLOWN. XD

Comment

Here’s a picture of Jack without a hat. Not too pretty.

Um... okay He could cast for a role in the Addam's family

Thanks, though.

I guess to make the scene I wanted I am better of in modelling another hat from plasticine, and use one of the Jacks with silver hair (like those better anyway )

As for the Heru'ur, I forgot to add that I also love the hand device.

And JediKnutt, I also would like to see your other customs. Please show them to us! Especially since I only recently got into Indiana Jones, which is sad, but true *hides*
                        Last edited by GermanAstra; 11 October 2008, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Wow. Everyones custom figures are awsome,you've all done an amazing job. I'm loving those flouresent rollerblades . Love the puddle jumper it's so cool. Look forword to seeing your future customs

By the way,i never knew Jack was a cone head lol.
                          GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

I mostly post over at Rebelscum.com in the forums under "Customs" or "Customizing". Just do a search for user name JediKnutt. I'll get more up here as soon as I can. What mainly held me up was a lack of sticker paper. lol I downloaded the SG-1 and Air Force patches that were posted here. I just didn't have any decal paper. I just bought some last weekend so maybe I'll get the rest of my customs done. Stay tuned.

Comment

I mostly post over at Rebelscum.com in the forums under "Customs" or "Customizing".
                              Thanks for the link. Thats a really nice set of customs there. Henry Sr. would have to be my favorite. There's a lot of detail in that scale of figures.

Comment

I'm working on a few Stargate figures in that scale also. Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Working...
                                X