Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
    OMGosh! That's so funny! Thanks TG!

After seeing the video, I found this: It's a vid with the full song.

It's sick and twisted and disturbing and awesome.

Coulda done without the swear words, though...
    Hehe, thanks for the link.

Comment

Overall I liked this episode. Wasn't too sure about the shrunken Dr. Didn't make a whole lot of sense, and seemed like just a reason for the SFX team to show off, but then there is a lot in Dr. Who that you just sort of have to accept. (Happens a lot in Anime too.)

The one thing that did bother me was the whole thing with the entire world thinking/saying at once "Doctor". My first thought was "How very Tinkerbell of him." Half expected Martha to turn to the audience and say "Now clap your hands and say I do believe in fairies." Also reminded me of Captain Picard instructing everyone on the Enterprise to direct their thoughts and good will toward The Traveller. (Hmm... Maybe he was a Timelord. Didn't have name, just that designation "The Traveller".)

Didn't really compare it to ascension though. I have decided though, that Timelords are not exactly like normal humans, and we haven't even scratched the surface of what the doctor's true "powers" are. We know he can feel planets spinning, he can feel and absorb energy. And now we know that with enough energy directed towards him he can fly.

One more question... How many shots did it take to kill The Master? Shouldn't it have been 2 (One for each heart)? We've seen The Doctor managing to stay alive, albeit in a weakened state, with only one heart working (Shakespeare Code).

Comment

Good point, although I suppose part of it is that the Doctor was fighting to survive while the Master wanted to die. Or at least wanted everyone to think he'd died.

Comment

In the old Doctor Who episode "City of Death" the Doctor and Romana
          were standing somewhere near the middle of the Eiffel Towar and they
          made a comment about flying down to ground. I think the Doc wasn't
          joking and wondered if that was one of their abilities....
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
            In the old Doctor Who episode "City of Death" the Doctor and Romana
            were standing somewhere near the middle of the Eiffel Towar and they
            made a comment about flying down to ground. I think the Doc wasn't
            joking and wondered if that was one of their abilities....
            I believe he meant to do that inside the TARDIS, which can fly.

If that one was one of his abilities, he would have done so in Logopolis, when he fell from the Pharos Project thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
              I believe he meant to do that inside the TARDIS, which can fly.

If that one was one of his abilities, he would have done so in Logopolis, when he fell from the Pharos Project thingy.

Oh OK I thought the Doctor was being serious...

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                Oh OK I thought the Doctor was being serious...
                He WAS being serious... about flying down in the TARDIS. He doesn't have to define his exact meaning any more than someone saying they're "flying home for the holidays" has to clarify that they're flying home in an airplane and not simply flapping their arms or using a jetpack or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
                  One more question... How many shots did it take to kill The Master? Shouldn't it have been 2 (One for each heart)? We've seen The Doctor managing to stay alive, albeit in a weakened state, with only one heart working (Shakespeare Code).
                  He wasn't shot in any heart, tho, it looked like the stomach or somewhere lower, at any rate. One of these places you die because you just end up bleeding to death - which they didn't show because of the kids watching and all that...
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    He wasn't shot in any heart, tho, it looked like the stomach or somewhere lower, at any rate. One of these places you die because you just end up bleeding to death - which they didn't show because of the kids watching and all that...
                    course he is a different species. could mean the bullet hit another crtical organ.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

One of these places you die because you just end up bleeding to death - which they didn't show because of the kids watching and all that...
                      obviously, and do we really want to be teaching kids how to kill someone effectively?
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        obviously, and do we really want to be teaching kids how to kill someone effectively?

Out of curiosity, if a Timelord is shot (by shot, I mean, does some damage, not just a flesh wound), does he regenerate automatically (obviously in this case we see there's a choice component), or only if the wound is absolutely fatal? If The Doctor was shot pretty badly, could he still survive without regenerating by putting his life in the trust of medical science like a human, or would he not take the risk of dying permanently and just regenerate anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Out of curiosity, if a Timelord is shot (by shot, I mean, does some damage, not just a flesh wound), does he regenerate automatically (obviously in this case we see there's a choice component), or only if the wound is absolutely fatal? If The Doctor was shot pretty badly, could he still survive without regenerating by putting his life in the trust of medical science like a human, or would he not take the risk of dying permanently and just regenerate anyway?
                          I think the whole process is unclear but it seems from LotTL the regeneration is at any case voluntary, not automatic. If a Time Lord doesn't want to regenerate, he won't. If he thinks there's a better chance with a race of people who don't really know his physiology....well.

As for teaching kids, w emight want them to know how to effectively kill a Time Lord!
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I think the whole process is unclear but it seems from LotTL the regeneration is at any case voluntary, not automatic. If a Time Lord doesn't want to regenerate, he won't. If he thinks there's a better chance with a race of people who don't really know his physiology....well.

As for teaching kids, w emight want them to know how to effectively kill a Time Lord!
                            If it were me I wouldn't waste my regenerations, I'd trust medical science until the last possible moment before regenerating. But I guess that wouldn't make for very compelling television if he did that every time.

Comment

The ending scene where The Master refused to regenerate was the single-most saddest moment I think I have ever seen. It was an absolutely brilliant piece of story telling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5-I_kl2fU

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                If it were me I wouldn't waste my regenerations, I'd trust medical science until the last possible moment before regenerating. But I guess that wouldn't make for very compelling television if he did that every time.

The only problem with that is that if you regenerated while on the
                                operating table or whatever you'd most likely freak the doctors out
                                and they'd want to experiment on you. Or call the men in black

Comment

Working...
                                X