Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Looking Actor/Actress in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Tournament....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aintright View Post
    have you read any of the Redwall books????
    *glances over at library* I stopped reading at "The Taggerung" and own them all up to that one, haven't the faintest clue how many of those there must be by now. *thinks on fond memories*

I remember my grade six teacher introducing those to us- after reading Redwall, several kids that never bought or read books ever, started buying up the series and reading them obsessively. Love the magic of a good book that actually gets kids who don't normally read, to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      *glances over at library* I stopped reading at "The Taggerung" and own them all up to that one, haven't the faintest clue how many of those there must be by now. *thinks on fond memories*

I remember my grade six teacher introducing those to us- after reading Redwall, several kids that never bought or read books ever, started buying up the series and reading them obsessively. Love the magic of a good book that actually gets kids who don't normally read, to do so.

i have them all ... and didn't start reading them til i was an adult!! .... and i have read all of them except for the last one!!! too cheap ... waiting for it in paperback!! Harry is the only one i have ever blown the wad for ... less that two weeks ... squeeee!!!! got your movie tix yet??

*sigh* they are great ... Martin and the gang ... My Hero (oops ... sry MH!!)
      i love the way jacques uses such descriptive writing ... you read the words ... close your eyes ... and a vivid pix splashes in front of you ... it is amazing, you can smell the food, hear their voices, touch their faces, enjoy the beams of triumph ...

and i wonder why i prefer the fantasy books ... and love the series books (the getting to know the character from all angles ... becoming part of the family) ... but i do get serious once and a while am currently reading "the problem of pain" , CS Lewis ... it makes my head ache if i read too long ... it is amazing stuff (as he always is), its just this teeney book is taking me forever because for me to truly grasp it as i desire to i have to read each section two or three times ... of course Chronicles is on my all time fave series books ... that is so a huge leap above most others ...

oops ... sry got a little carried away there!!

teehee!!!

but Redwall is a great read if anyone is looking ... great fight scenes and such ... sry no pix ... well except for the ones that you conjure up in your head and strictly PG ...
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

i have them all ... and didn't start reading them til i was an adult!! ....
        That's a typo right? I thought you were seven???
        When did this happen!?

Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
          When did this happen!?

Adrianne
          I think she flipped over the wall and looped back to childhood.

Comment

i have them all ... and didn't start reading them til i was an adult!! .... and i have read all of them except for the last one!!! too cheap ... waiting for it in paperback!! Harry is the only one i have ever blown the wad for ... less that two weeks ... squeeee!!!! got your movie tix yet??
            Two weeks two weeks! According to my lovely little countdown calendar too! Currently on Chapter three of GoF in the series re-read! Wonder what happens next..... No movie tickets yet though- we go see the Harry Potter films as a familiy and typically wait a week or two until it's a little less crowded. Must sceme to go before DH comes out though.

It's horrible how expensive books are- especially beautiful hardcovers. Libraries are indeed the most wonderful of places.
            *sigh* they are great ... Martin and the gang ... My Hero (oops ... sry MH!!)
            i love the way jacques uses such descriptive writing ... you read the words ... close your eyes ... and a vivid pix splashes in front of you ... it is amazing, you can smell the food, hear their voices, touch their faces, enjoy the beams of triumph ...

and i wonder why i prefer the fantasy books ... and love the series books (the getting to know the character from all angles ... becoming part of the family) ... but i do get serious once and a while am currently reading "the problem of pain" , CS Lewis ... it makes my head ache if i read too long ... it is amazing stuff (as he always is), its just this teeney book is taking me forever because for me to truly grasp it as i desire to i have to read each section two or three times ... of course Chronicles is on my all time fave series books ... that is so a huge leap above most others ...
            *sigh* Narnia- love those books, though I can really only remember the first two. I can't believe it's been ten years since I read them. There's something else to add to the reading list this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
              When did this happen!?

Adrianne
              oops!!!! shhhh!!!! was just trying to ummm ... ermmmm ...

Originally posted by Callista View Post
              I think she flipped over the wall and looped back to childhood.
              i flipped???? am loopy??? shhhhh!!! you too!!!!!

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Two weeks two weeks! According to my lovely little countdown calendar too! Currently on Chapter three of GoF in the series re-read! Wonder what happens next..... No movie tickets yet though- we go see the Harry Potter films as a familiy and typically wait a week or two until it's a little less crowded. Must sceme to go before DH comes out though.

It's horrible how expensive books are- especially beautiful hardcovers. Libraries are indeed the most wonderful of places.

*sigh* Narnia- love those books, though I can really only remember the first two. I can't believe it's been ten years since I read them. There's something else to add to the reading list this summer.
              i knows ... can't wait!!!

and i have a bud who i have gone to every opening night with ... he is working out of town *sniff* ... so we are working a meeting somewhere's betweens to see the wednesday night opening ... me's hopes anyways!!! after seeing the trailers i can't wait!!!

and yes i can get lost in the library for hours ... we have a beautiful new one and i curl up in a cozy chair and *sigh* but some books you just want to have and hold for you own!!!

oh!!! i love all 7 of narnia ... but #1 is my fave!!!! and yes ... can go on the reread for the one hundredth time list again!!!

teehee!!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post

Can we not just do the Alien tournament. Or do that one first? WBB. How say you?
                Oh, I was definitely going to do the alien tourney first--I was just wondering if it would be worth it to do a best comic book tourney sometime later....

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                Ooh... I loved reading that to my little brother.

But let's move to the premiere books with pictures - almost anything by Dr Seuss!
                *sigh* I know the first few and last few pages by heart of Horton Hatches the Egg, but Horton Hears a Who is my absolute favorite! I guess they're making it into a movie....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Green Eggs and Ham! Prolly my fav.

Fox in Socks, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories,....I have a bunch of his books.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Fox in Socks, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories,....I have a bunch of his books.

Hop on Pop!!!

teehee!!
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

Hop on Pop!!!

teehee!!
                      My Dad hated that one with a passion! (I wonder why )

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                        My Dad hated that one with a passion! (I wonder why )

NO!!!!! it is ... it is .... oh!!! i love it!!!!

teehee!!!

what did you do to your poor dad????
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

NO!!!!! it is ... it is .... oh!!! i love it!!!!

teehee!!!

what did you do to your poor dad????
                          Well, as you might have guessed, we hopped on him. He didn't like it so much, but that's what he got for falling asleep on the floor while watching T.V.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

I love the Grinch!!! The original of course.

Every Who
                            Down in Who-ville
                            Liked Christmas a lot...

But the Grinch,
                            Who lived just North of Who-ville,
                            Did NOT!

The Grinch hated Christmas!
                            The whole Christmas season!
                            Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
                            It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
                            It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were to tight.
                            But I think that the most likely reason of all
                            May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

And of course you can't forget Max

sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

ahem!!!

not sure why MH!!! but when i saw this ....

Spoiler:

i thought of this thread and of course you!!

teehee!!
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

ahem!!!

not sure why MH!!! but when i saw this ....
                                Spoiler:

i thought of this thread and of course you!!

teehee!!
                                AHH! I geddit! Took me a bit, though.
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X