Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Looking Actor/Actress in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Tournament....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much info!!!
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

::Beaming:: I made Missster.Freeman squirm

Adrianne
      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

LOL! Most definitely.

Getting back to comic books. It's been a long time since I last read a comic (probably the Alien comic books) so I wouldn't know half of the stuff that's been released in the last 15 years or so.

Can we not just do the Alien tournament. Or do that one first? WBB. How say you?

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
          LOL! Most definitely.

Getting back to comic books. It's been a long time since I last read a comic (probably the Alien comic books) so I wouldn't know half of the stuff that's been released in the last 15 years or so.

Can we not just do the Alien tournament. Or do that one first? WBB. How say you?
          I'll ditto MF's post. It has been a gazillion years since I last read a comic book, so I wouldn't be able to join in a tourney about them. The alien game sounds like fun, and I look forward to playing this.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
            Hey! Is anyone interested in a "Best Comic Book" tourney?
            !!!!!!!! YES! I've only been reading comics/graphics novels for a year or so, so I don't have the greatest knowledge, but I love em. And the tournament would be like compiling a reading list.

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
            I think it depends on the kind of comic you're picking up. Graphic novel just means that they've compiled a story arc into one book, instead of having to buy individual issues. I'm a Vertigo girl myself. Just about all the comics I read are put out by them (Sandman, Fables, Y: The Last Man).
            Loooove Vertigo titles. Sandman to win all the way.

Comment

I reckon a comic tourney would be good for that at least. It might even give me something to read again (I don't read text-only novels). It's been far too long since I last read a comic-graphic novel. I really should have read the Babylon 5 comics by now. They were written to accompany the series and are considered to be canon as well.

I still want the alien tourney to go ahead.

Comment

I reckon a comic tourney would be good for that at least. It might even give me something to read again (I don't read text-only novels). It's been far too long since I last read a comic-graphic novel. I really should have read the Babylon 5 comics by now. They were written to accompany the series and are considered to be canon as well.

and what kind of picture books is it that you are reading???

teehee!!
                sigpic
                SCORE!!
                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post

teehee!!
                  Eh eh... books with pictures. It was only stuff like Dennis the Menace, Bash Street Kids, Oor Wullie, The Broons I used to read.

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post

teehee!!
                    Might I suggest Richard Scarry's Busy Busy World. Also, the Frog and Toad series by Arnold Lobel is quite nice.

Comment

Eh eh... books with pictures. It was only stuff like Dennis the Menace, Bash Street Kids, Oor Wullie, The Broons I used to read.
                      uhhuh!!! uhhuh!!!

teehee!!

oh!!! and watch that stutter eh! eh!!!
                      sigpic
                      SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                        Might I suggest Richard Scarry's Busy Busy World.
                        Ooh... I loved reading that to my little brother.

But let's move to the premiere books with pictures - almost anything by Dr Seuss!
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                          Might I suggest Richard Scarry's Busy Busy World. Also, the Frog and Toad series by Arnold Lobel is quite nice.

richard scarry ... oh yes the best ... i have a niece now ... such a great excuse to do such things ....

or

lyle, lyle the crocodile

and deff thundy on dr seuss!!!

*sigh* .... this is why i choose to remain "7"!!!

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!

Comment

I highly, highly recommend the two "Scaredy Squirrel" books. What could be better than a neurotic squirrel?

I looooooove kids books.
                            sigpic
                            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                              I highly, highly recommend the two "Scaredy Squirrel" books. What could be better than a neurotic squirrel?

I looooooove kids books.
                              me toooo!!!

and who by ... i don't know those????

neurotic squirrel ... sounds mwaaaaaa!!!

teehee!!

have you read any of the Redwall books????
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

I'd recommend Green Arrow' QUIVER... by Kevin Smith
                                I never like Green Arrow, I think he's too yappy & protest too much compare to the silent Batman or righteous Superman or quippy Spiderman, but this book change all that, it has a little bit of everything (Birds of Prey, Justice League, Justice Society) and a lot of talking & explaining what had happened in the DC universe while GA was dead (for a short while). I think I read it 7-8 times, prolly read it again everytimes I go to Border, it's that good! one of the few graphic novels that I read & re-read beside Kingdom Come.
                                sigpic
                                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Working...
                                X