No announcement yet.

The Wedding of River Song (3213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I REALLY, REALLY hope they they never reveal The Doctor's name. Like ever.
    Don't worry, they won't.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
      Don't worry, they won't.
      Hi everyone. This is Bill. He's a Time Lord.

Comment

OK, I'm very very confused.

The ending scene with Amy and River. How does that work? Amy says that for her it's after the Doctor's death. But in The Eleventh Hour IIRC after the Doctor's death she and Rory and River met the younger Doctor and went to 1969. So.....??

I'm just trying to figure out Amy's timeline here, and I'm losing the thread. Sorry.
        Last edited by Killdeer; 01 October 2011, 09:18 PM.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          The wedding was....weird. Not that I'm opposed to Doctor/River, but the Doctor suddenly marrying River as a way to get her to do what he wanted..... It just came off as odd. Here, I can't get you to listen to me, so let's get married.
          She won't do what he asks because she loves him so much. Which is slightly odd. But, because he's prepared to reciprocate the feeling by getting married, or possibly because for her "and obey" is still implicit in the vows, she does follow his request once they're spliced. Which, probably, doesn't still count because it was in an alternate time-line. But, like Amy's murder, did still happen to those who remember it.

Comment

Awesome finish to an awesome series ,
            Spoiler:
            couple of things i didnt expect, it never occurred to me that, that could be the question, but i guess it makes sense, and i thought it would be a flesh doctor that got shot in impossible astronaut

It was cool seeing River from The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone,
            Spoiler:
            still kinda weird to hear her say mummy and daddy when referring to Rory and Amy
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
              P.S. did they change the dialogue at Lake Silencio? I don't remember Napoleon giving him the wine, and I'm fairly sure he said "Don't worry, I know it's you." to River.
              As suggested/predicted in other threads, we saw this scene from different viewpoints/editing. For the wine, in "Impossible Astronaut" the opening titles end and the action begins with them toasting using the word "Salut!". So they've already done the Napoleon line, off-screen. This time we see the whole sentence. With the "I know it's you", this time we see the alternate action "Hello sweetie" which, oddly enough, we didn't see last time....

Comment

I got home from work and immediately watched the season finale. I loved it so much that I watched it a second time and then a third time.

Things I really liked:
                • Ian McNeice returning as Winston Churchill
                • The Charles Dickens cameo
                • Dorium Maldovar returning as a literally talking head.
                • The Fall of the Eleventh Doctor foretold to take place at the Fields of Trenzalore
                  • If and when Matt Smith's tenure as the Eleventh Doctor ends, we now know his exit story.
                  • Prediction: The Fall of the Eleventh does not preclude regeneration and the coming of the Twelfth Doctor.
                  • Prediction: We can infer that the final defeat of the Silence and their followers will come at Trenzalore and at the cost of the Eleventh Doctor's life.
                • The Silence failing again to dispose of the Eleventh Doctor.
                  • They failed with the Cracks.
                  • Even when influencing all the other aliens that hated the Doctor, they still failed.
                  • They failed yet again, even when creating a fixed point in time.
                  • Prediction: They will fail again at the Fields of Trenzalore.
                • The Silence being a long-running nemesis.
                  • They're much more complex than the Cybermen, the Daleks, and all the Doctor's previous enemies. They've dogged the Eleventh Doctor since "The Eleventh Hour"
                • Amy having her own office... on a train no less!
                • Captain Rory Williams
                • The return of the Tesselecta
                  • The captain saying they're champions of law and order and acknowledging that the Doctor is a champion too. One of the finest moments of the episode for me.
                • Kovarian's demise at the hands of Amy and the Silence.
                  • Amy isn't above dishing out some well-deserved vengeance.
                  • The Silence didn't care that they'd be killing their most prominent human servant.
                • The Question
                  • It's not at all what I expected but I loved it.
                I have only one criticism: We didn't get any backstory for Madam Kovarian. Then again, she and the Silence are still out there and there's still plenty to time to fill in the backstory for her. I doubt we've seen the last of her and the Silence.
                sigpic

Comment

I obviously knew it's not the Doctor who's being shot, but a substitute, but Moffat confused me with the fact that the Doctor must be there for the time not to fall apart. While I thought that using the Tesselecta is cheating, and wouldn't save time, I just didn't take that last step to deduce him being inside. This is so great, because whenever Moffat came up with first the almost people then the Tesselecta I "knew" it's gonna be the substitute River "kills".

Amy is the Doctor's mother-in-law. LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

THIS SHOW. THIS SHOW.

How can it be so epic, so romantic, so sad, so funny all in just 45 minutes.

Moffat. You magnificant bastard. I will adore you to the end of Time.

What I loved...

The all of time togetherness - Charles Dickens, pterodactyls, car balloons, Buckingham Senate.

The Doctor finding the Dalek, ripping off it's eyestalk and then slamming it onto a bar. I think having a stetson has gone to his head. LOL.

Chess to the death. Shades of Blakes 7 there, much like the Klute in Gambit.

Dorium in the Cave of Skulls and his wi-fi connection. "You could have told me all this last time we met." "It was a busy day and I got beheaded."

"Hell in high heels".

The Brig. I cried. The poor Doctor's face.

"River Song came twice." *snerk* River killing the Doctor and then CHEATING. Amazing, wonderful River. And the Doctor's face!! LOL.

"Time can be rewritten." "Don't you dare." Just like in Forest of the Dead. I know I'll cry when I watch that again.

The Doctor trying to set up Rory & Amy. "Mr Hottiness" & "Texting and scones" Oh Doctor! LOL.

Amy Pond and machine gun. & when Amy kills Kavorian. Much grim satisfaction from me.

"So you and me, we should get a drink some time." "Okay." "And married." "Fine."

Then the Wedding.

From this...

to this...

It was all absolutely Perfect. I can see I'm going to be watching that scene again and again.

The scene between Amy & River in the garden. Perfection AGAIN. "Of course I'm sure, I'm his wife." "Yes, and I'm his... mother-in-law." Wonderful, Pond family!!

Say no more

And the question. Doctor Who? Of course it was.

Comment

After finishing another viewing of "The Wedding of River Song" on a whim, I went ahead and whipped out the series 5 DVD and watched "The Eleventh Hour" for the first time in a while. I'm very glad I did. The recent events, especially with what's happened with the Silence and River in the series 6 finale, made me appreciate "The Eleventh Hour" in a brand new way.

In Amy's spunkiness, I could see what we would eventually see in River. As well as her fire, it was wonderful to see the pure innocence of a young Amy waiting for the Doctor to return. From Prisoner Zero's warnings of the Pandorica opening and that Silence would fall, you could see the link to Kovarian and the Silence's obsession of destroying everything associated with the Doctor. You could even see the allusion to his eventual fall at the Fields of Trenzalore. It was also wonderful to see the beginnings of Amy & Rory's relationship, not to mention the whimsy of the Eleventh Doctor at the beginning of his journey.
                      sigpic

Comment

I do now find myself wondering...has TWoRS hinted at what lies in store in the 50th anniversary special(s)? Surely, revealing the Doctor's name - if that is indeed the question that must never be asked - and the Fall of the Eleventh are worthy stories for the big celebration?

One thing still bugs me about TWoRS though - if the Doctor and River touching resets time, how did it work with Tesselecta Doctor and River? Or did I miss something?
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          I do now find myself wondering...has TWoRS hinted at what lies in store in the 50th anniversary special(s)? Surely, revealing the Doctor's name - if that is indeed the question that must never be asked - and the Fall of the Eleventh are worthy stories for the big celebration?

One thing still bugs me about TWoRS though - if the Doctor and River touching resets time, how did it work with Tesselecta Doctor and River? Or did I miss something?
                          I don't think the Doctor was the fixed point in time per se. Technically, I suppose the Tesselecta being shot was the fixed point (and object) so the Tesselecta being in physical contact with River would indeed reset the timeline.
                          sigpic

Comment

The tesselecta twist at the end was pretty obvious as soon as they showed them in the pre-title sequence.

the ending with Amy and river was a bit confusing. What episode was she coming from? I liked the way she said she had to keep Amy being her mother secret from the past Amy.
                            "You don't know half of it".
                            Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                            (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                              The tesselecta twist at the end was pretty obvious as soon as they showed them in the pre-title sequence.
                              Yes I thought so too, but I can honestly say I don't find it to be too much of a cop out, just a nicely scripted instance of the Doctor always being one step ahead or having a way out.

the ending with Amy and river was a bit confusing. What episode was she coming from?
                              River mentioned that she just climbed out of the Byzantium. She's referring to The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone, which her uniform and appearance confirms.

I liked the way she said she had to keep Amy being her mother secret from the past Amy.
                              Yes, it was a nice way to wrap up some otherwise obvious inconsistencies.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

OK...

1. So, the Doctor not being killed makes things completely insane?

2. Thinking about it, time freezing shouldn't make it 5:02pm everywhere in the world! Biggest plothole of the ep.

3. Other than that though...the insane timeline was very cool.

4. Tesselecta. Didn't see that coming but you knew there had to be 'some' way out...

5. Doctor...WHO? Doctor...WHO?

When Steven MOffet is on it he is ON IT!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X