Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Voyager better before or after 7 of 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my fav episodes were Equinox and Hope and Fear. The character of Kes could have been alot better but they just kept the child like feeling.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
      my fav episodes were Equinox and Hope and Fear. The character of Kes could have been alot better but they just kept the child like feeling.
      Actually...you mentioning a 'child-like' thing with Kes makes me wonder if that was what I found so squicky about her relationship with Neelix...
      [Ponders...]

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        my fav episodes were Equinox and Hope and Fear.
        Hope and Fear... Where I got my nick.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
          Actually...you mentioning a 'child-like' thing with Kes makes me wonder if that was what I found so squicky about her relationship with Neelix...
          [Ponders...]
          The character grew up through out the series, would have been nice if she stayed and became and doctor in her own right.

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Hope and Fear... Where I got my nick.
          It was a great episode!

I hoped for that episode to end differently. I would have liked to have seen the Dauntless hurtling towards Borg controlled space, Janeway and Seven storming the bridge and save the Dauntless from its fate, killing Arturis. The slipstream ability would have been destroyed for some reason refurbishing the vessel to give it a real Starfleet feel with warp drive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I felt the same with enterprise's obsession with t'pol. I literally stopped watching the show because of the writers' obsession with one character and her boobs
            Blasphemy. T'pol had great breasts and the true crime would have been to ignore them

Comment

I say that Voyager was better before 7 of 9. I like her character, but after she became a part of the crew, all of the episodes after that became boring, as if the writers ran out of ideas.
              sigpic

Comment

I liked it before but there was some good stories after as well. It was good to see the Dr in a different light after 7 of 9 came along.
                sigpic

Request signatures/wallpaper here.
                check out everything i've made so far

Comment

I hated the whole 'Doctor teaching 7 in the ways of humanity' arc that carried on for so bloody long, it's as stupid as Data trying to teach Q how to be human, which he didn't actually do. I'm probably one of the most perverted men you can ever meet, giggidy giddigy, and even I tried of 7's boobs getting too much attention.

That said, I always prefer the later stuff a show does compared to the early stuff, probably because I've seen the early stuff so many times it's bores the mind completely thanks to repeats on TV. The Kazon and the Vidiians got tiresome fast and Kes really didn't help and I wasn't too fond of her episodes (although her travelling through her life was pretty cool).

sigpic

Comment

'Before and After'. One of my favourite episodes. AND the one where she got the really hot long hair. AND the catsuit!
                    On a more serious note, it was great to see the foresight of the writers in planning the 'Year of Hell' story. Something sadly missing on Voyager was foresight.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

sad but true...If there was a few more of the lost/ heroes clues that had popped up through the series it may have attracted more fans.

sigpic

Comment

Difficult question to answer, Kes and Seven were both gorgous to look at, seven for her hair and boobs, great combination, and kes because she was cute and innocence to her.

Kes story I feel we should saw more about her after she became super kes able to travel a across galaxy version. It would of been great see her people again after the caretake died.

Both before and after had some of the worst and some of the best ST seen on tv or on film for that matter, the year of hell, Equinox beat anything that stng and sto did by a long shot, but then you had the some great episodes in the before seven came on board like . State of Flux, and learning curve, despite never seeing those guys again.

As for t pol an seven boobs they were great to admire and adore and you should always admire a good pair of boob just like you admire good art.

Comment

Neither...

Voyager's very best season was season 4. This was before 7 of 9. There were more diverse plot lines before 7 of 9. But season 1 and most of 2 were pretty spotty in places.

The actors improved after 7 of 9. I thought Paris and Kim both did better work after 7 of 9. But the plots became more redundant and she became far more central. If you like female themes and deep, personal mom and daughter stories, things got better after 7 of 9. She was great to look at and a strong actress. Season 7 had some real clunkers too...

It's a toss up..

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                            Neither...
                            Voyager's very best season was season 4. This was before 7 of 9. There were more diverse plot lines before 7 of 9.
                            Season 4 was where she was introduced. Do you mean season 3? There were lots of 7/9 episodes in season 4 because tptb had to introduce us to the character pretty much in a hurry to catch up on the 3 years the others had behind them already.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Well...

They didn't HAVE to hurry... I personally would have been content with a few less 7 of 9 eps in Season 4. In my opinion, the Paris character became incredibly weak after season 4. He only got 1 episode per season that focused on him, and it always heavily involved Torres. Whereas before S4, he got his own episodes, and, IMO, they were much better episodes.

Comment

I think it got better after Seven was introduced, but it has a caveat for me.

I know why Ryan was cast, and her outfits were ridiculous, but getting past that, as a character, she had a Data-esque quality in her with the whole quest to be human. It was endearing.

But for me, to mark the good times of ST:VOY had more to do with Paris. In my opinion, the episodes were good when he was a Lieutenant, and were awful when he was an Ensign. I don't know why that would be, but there were a lot of silly episodes in that time frame.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X