Daybreak, Part 2 (420)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    Well, it very easily beats "The Oath", but "Exodus Part 2"? No... way.
    I think it beats Exodus Part 2. Seeing Galactica get pounded by the Colony, then ramming straight through the side of it and all of the troops rappelling from the front? Extremely epic. The Raptors jumping from inside Galactica's hangar bay and blowing it to crap in the process, and the nuclear strike ripping it apart? Ughh I have to see this again lol.

My only quip is how we just saw Boomer's Raptor rip a hole in the side of Galactica, yet Galactica jumps away with her nose lodged in the colony and doesn't do any damage. When they jumped I was expecting to see half of the colony get ripped apart.

The only stupid thing was how after they jumped they just sat there and waited for the batteries to stop firing before they turned on the engines and rammed the colony. You would think that they would come out of their jump guns blazing and with their engines maxed out.

Comment

during exdous i was all aww struck at everything that was happening.

in daybreak i was shocked and excited
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
        I think it beats Exodus Part 2. Seeing Galactica get pounded by the Colony, then ramming straight through the side of it and all of the troops rappelling from the front? Extremely epic. The Raptors jumping from inside Galactica's hangar bay and blowing it to crap in the process, and the nuclear strike ripping it apart? Ughh I have to see this again lol.

My only quip is how we just saw Boomer's Raptor rip a hole in the side of Galactica, yet Galactica jumps away with her nose lodged in the colony and doesn't do any damage. When they jumped I was expecting to see half of the colony get ripped apart.

The only stupid thing was how after they jumped they just sat there and waited for the batteries to stop firing before they turned on the engines and rammed the colony. You would think that they would come out of their jump guns blazing and with their engines maxed out.
        I still stand by "Exodus Part 2", but I definitely see the point of anyone arguing for this.

Perhaps I would be won over if Galactica was destroyed in the battle. I know that this would have been impossible in the context of the story, but that would have made the battle even better, in my opinion.
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I too was hpping to see the colony get ripped up with galactica jumping so close to it.

Comment

Wasn't Galactica damaged because it was in a weakened state? Maybe the colony was heavily reinforced against that kind of damage.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The shock damage has never been super instantaneous to when the jump happened and the shot didn't exactly linger for long. Also much forgotten is that the whole damn colony was orbiting a black hole, I'm sure it was built pretty tough

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                i honestly didn't see galactica ramming itself into the colony cool moment.

gotta love the irony the cylons destroyed the 12 colonies and galactica destroyed the cylon colony
                I was surprised by that. For one simple reason.

Go back to Exodus part 2.

You have Galactica getting the hell beat out of it and here comes Pegasus to the rescue.

Pegasus was in way better condition then Galactica, it didn't do the Adama Maneuver (which I found cool as hell), Pegasus was newer then Pegasus and it was from what I understand bigger.

What blew my mind was this. Pegasus rammed a Basestar at flank and that destroyed both Pegasus and at least 2 Basestars. Galactica Rammed the colony which is the size of a medium city at Flank and it survived.

Would that be considered a Ex Deus Machina or am I just loosing it.
                Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                End of line.

Comment

I agree. While I liked "The Oath", it couldn't hold a candle to either Exodus part 2 or Day Break part 2.

However I will say that Exodus Part 2 and Day Break part 2 are running neck to neck. I think my favorite part out of both of them is the Adama Maneuver.
                  Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                  End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                    I think that may be technological short coming. Remember Galactica is suppose to have it's flight pods retracted when it jumps, I think the same is for the gun turrets. And yes I know, I have seen many episodes where Galactica's Flight pods were not retracted when it jumped.
                    End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      Wasn't Galactica damaged because it was in a weakened state? Maybe the colony was heavily reinforced against that kind of damage.
                      Rewatch the scene when Galactica jumped away, You could see there were multiple internal explosions happening. I don't think the colony remained in tact.
                      End of line.

Comment

The only thing that really bothered me about the episode was how the truce with Cavil was doomed no matter what within another 10 mins. Truce or not truce, Racetrack's hand would have hit that "launch nukes" button and blew the colony to hell. And on the other hand, the truce was seemingly broken and the fighting started up again and Racetrack's hand just happened to launch the nukes? Maybe I missed a detail and it was actually some stray shot that knocked Racetrack's raptor and made her hit the nuke button but it just seemed kinda pointless regardless.

Otherwise, the episode was awsome. Colony turrets had a hell of a kickback though, looked like rapid fire bobble heads heh.

Comment

speaks for itself cool moment in the ep
                          Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 16 May 2009, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

speaks for itself cool moment in the ep
                            yes, I saw that and laughed. Talk about straight up execution, and what gets me is that he looked like he enjoyed that.
                            End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by My Sweet Revenga View Post
                              Otherwise, the episode was awsome. Colony turrets had a hell of a kickback though, looked like rapid fire bobble heads heh.
                              Yeah, I know. it reminded me of the massive fight in the 3rd Matrix movie. All out kick ass hell.
                              End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                                yes, I saw that and laughed. Talk about straight up execution, and what gets me is that he looked like he enjoyed that.
                                it proves the second generation cylon centurions are far more brutal then the original

Comment

Working...
                                X