Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    @everlovin' I would love to hear from all shippers! You're right, we did see a lot more of Jack's side of the relationship. That's probably why my videos are more Jack-sided, there just isn't much Sam stuff to work with. I should see that as a challenge: Look deeper for shippy-Sam tidbits!

It's even a great idea for us here! Calling all Shippers! Start posting about scenes that you see as shippy even if nobody else does.
    SOLITUDES

I first noticed something...MORE...in this episode. After 'Grace', I was freed to go back and look for the obvious. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say:

https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/di..._display_media

Sorry about the link. I don't have a current photo sharing program.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      SOLITUDES

I first noticed something...MORE...in this episode. After 'Grace', I was freed to go back and look for the obvious. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say:

https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/di..._display_media

Sorry about the link. I don't have a current photo sharing program.
      imgbox.com is working fine for me. Just be aware that they rename the images, you can still view the original file name when you mouseover the image on the imgbox page for the pic.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        imgbox.com is working fine for me. Just be aware that they rename the images, you can still view the original file name when you mouseover the image on the imgbox page for the pic.
        Thanks! So...apparently I set up an account and forgot...

[/URL]
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

For your delectation and delight...

sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

SCIMM...you are killin' me! That is so angsty...it's awful...it's beautiful. Why do I want such exquisite torture?????
            Ah, yes, sorry. I honestly don't know where that idea came from normally I make happy wallpapers.

Comment

SOLITUDES

I first noticed something...MORE...in this episode. After 'Grace', I was freed to go back and look for the obvious. (Respectfully snipped)
              I LOVE Solitudes. I really noticed it there too. And when I go back and rewatch it now with the amount of love I have for Sam/Jack it just breaks my heart when he calls her Sara!

I also agree with you when you said you could see Jack's blossoming before Sam's. I know that as much as I want to see everything they do as shippy, I can also appreciate that it was probably more respect and being part of a close team for Sam at the beginning before she realised what it was.

That being said, my fangirl brain will always see everything that they do as shippy and in my perfect little world they have been in love from the moment she walked into the briefing room and was all defensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlinstry View Post
                <snippy>

That being said, my fangirl brain will always see everything that they do as shippy and in my perfect little world they have been in love from the moment she walked into the briefing room and was all defensive!

GREEN!
                (the fridge was locked, and wouldn't let me give you reputation kudos, lol, so this is the next best thing!)
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I loved this S/J vid.

sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

GREEN!
                    (the fridge was locked, and wouldn't let me give you reputation kudos, lol, so this is the next best thing!)
                    LOL!! Thank you so much!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlinstry View Post
                      <snippy>

GREEN!
                      Solitudes was the episode for me too and I'm all in with you both, Vlinstry and SaraBahama! I can't green either of you so here's me sending you some "green."

smilie by Mala

Comment

Wow! That was beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                          I agree with UhSir...we tend to see more of Jack’s personal side (in all aspects, not just shippiness) whereas with Sam, 90% of what’s on screen is either Scientist Sam or Soldier Sam. So we’re left to try to read between the lines a lot of the time.

As a writer, it’s a challenge to find Sam’s inner voice at times, at least compared to Jack’s. My personal take is that while Sam excels at both aspects of her career, she is a lot less successful at managing her personal life...in fact she’s kind of awful at it (I mean come on...engaged once to that crazy guy...and then of course there’s Shanahan...)—a fact she seems to realize, which may be why she tries hard to avoid even having a personal life (why else would someone spend their vacation studying a naquada generator...). But I think the combination of being a good little soldier to please her dad and the struggle to prove herself in two traditionally male-dominated fields made her consciously or unconsciously suppress anything that might have inherently been seen as “weak”...and our personal sides...our vulnerable, messy, emotional sides...are often viewed that way. So it’s little wonder that that aspect of Sam may be underdeveloped to begin with, and why she’s reluctant to let it that side of her show, especially in her younger years (e.g. when she didn’t want anyone to see her cry over Cassie).

(Or else...you know...the show writers just didn’t know *how* to give her a personal side....????)

But yeah. Jack’s POV is easiest by far. He’s more complex than most people give him credit for, and he may not say things out loud, but he’s fairly transparent when it comes to his feelings...unless, of course, he doesn’t want to be (see Seasons 5 and 8...at least, up to Threads...).

I’m sorry...what was the question...? ????
                          I don't even remember the question but TOTALLY LOVE your answer because it's exactly what I struggle through when making videos, which I had wanted to try and keep true to canon.

But now, what is canon? Was there ever "canon" as far as shippers are concerned?

Comment

But now, what is canon? Was there ever "canon" as far as shippers are concerned?
                            It's canon that the writers had Jack kiss Sam in WoO when he could do whatever he wanted without consequences, that's rather symbolic in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                              It's canon that the writers had Jack kiss Sam in WoO when he could do whatever he wanted without consequences, that's rather symbolic in my mind
                              Me too, for sure!

It's another representation of Jack's side of the ship. And since it was during a looping thingy-ma-bob, there is plenty to argue against it.

The real key is to watch the episodes that follow and look for clues from Jack and Sam that will support us!

Sounds like a mission for...

Comment

Me too, for sure!

It's another representation of Jack's side of the ship. And since it was during a looping thingy-ma-bob, there is plenty to argue against it.

The real key is to watch the episodes that follow and look for clues from Jack and Sam that will support us!

Sounds like a mission for...
                                Well, Jack remembers kissing her (probably more than once). So kissing her remains canon as far as he’s concerned.

The only thing that people could argue is that « Jack did it because he was bored like Bill Murray with that old woman in the original Groundhog Day movie »... But that’s without considering the lasting effect kissing her had on Jack (he was on cloud 9 even during the briefing lol). So this argument doesn’t hold much water.

I guess people can also argue that this kissing scene was problematic (because she won’t remember anything... then again she kissed him back and at this point, she knew there was a loop... she could have pushed him away but she didn’t... but then others could argue back that Jack took her by surprise and that she didn’t have the time to think, just to instinctively and emotionally react to the one she loves kissing her).

I think there are more legit debates to be had over the morality of what Jack did rather whether or not the kissing is canon or nothing but trying to kill boredom on his part (especially as the episodes surrounding that one are clear about the nature of Jack’s feelings for her). Nowadays, I hear more « but was it okay for him to do that ? Isn’t that kinda non-con ? » than « pff, he was just bored and it meant nothing to him ».

One thing for sure is that we sadly never got a kiss between the 2 that wasn’t influenced by other elements.

Broca : alien virus (and technically... attempted rape... which would have made everyone a lot more uncomfortable if it was Jack who got infected first).
                                Widow altSam episode (i have crappy memory these days, forgive me) : the kiss happened between Jack and altSam, with our Sam watching it and feeling awkward.
                                WoO : since it happened in a time loop, only Jack will ever remember the kissing.
                                Grace : Sam’s daydream in front of an hallucination.
                                Moebius : altJack and altSam making out in our timeline (and living the rest of their lives in Ancient Egypt and possibly having a family)... while our Jack/Sam/Teal’c were killed off screen (we don’t know if Jack and Sam did anything... maybe they died without being together, maybe they kissed once or twice before dying, maybe they slept together before dying... we’ll never know, it’s for the fanfic writers to decide). I know, I finished this list on a real downer.

Our Jack and Sam never had a kiss that they would both remember or wasn’t influenced by a virus. Because yes, technically, the Broca kisses are the only ones they both remember. But those weren’t born from their deep feelings for each other. It was a virus enhancing their basic sexual attraction towards each other and making them lose all inhibition. And at the time Sam jumped him, he wasn’t as infected as she was... so naturally, we mostly saw him try to push her away/stop her. It’s probably the closest thing they have to a « sex scene » and it was rapey and mostly one sided. And most of all, not representative of their relationship (I mean, yes, they have repressed sexual desire towards each other, but their relationship is based on respect, trust and then there’s the affection/love... thinking about it, i’m still bitter we had to watch that bedroom scene with Pete and then the waking up scene with Kerry... always frustrates me when lesser/transitionary romances get kisses/bedroom scenes and the big true love romance only gets a hug and a vague love confession at best... especially when we know they’re going to part ways in the future... it’s true for quite a few pairings I was into lol).
                                My Tumblr.
                                My Tumblr Art Blog.
                                My Deviantart page.

Comment

Working...
                                X