Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Yes. I posted on a lot of sites but I think I found something and will no longer be doing it.

Comment

This time I found an idea. For real this time. Thanks for all your help!!!

Comment

I decided to go with a quark star. It’s better than a black hole because we don’t even know if they exist. Perfect for expansion However, I still need something for him to be working on before he deals with the quark star. I’m looking not for a gadget or piece of tech. I’ve decided everything technological that we can think of, can be done. Speeders with deflector shields? Sure. We haven’t seen them but they can easily be done. I’m looking for something that would still be an emerging field of science. Something a Type II/III civilization would do next.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum7 View Post
          I decided to go with a quark star. It’s better than a black hole because we don’t even know if they exist. Perfect for expansion However, I still need something for him to be working on before he deals with the quark star. I’m looking not for a gadget or piece of tech. I’ve decided everything technological that we can think of, can be done. Speeders with deflector shields? Sure. We haven’t seen them but they can easily be done. I’m looking for something that would still be an emerging field of science. Something a Type II/III civilization would do next.
          Birthing suns would be a logical next step in the star wars universe. Constructing a ship that can convert gas giants into stars for example. I specify ship because for that sort of purpose you’d want it to be mobile so it can travel from one system to the next.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

That’s a good idea. What could I call this process?

Comment

Never mind. That’s Stellification

My Star Wars story will now involve a scientist who is studying the ancient servers of the Holonet. As he learns about its beginnings, he thinks of ways he can make the Holonet better for everyone. What improvements can he make to the Holonet?

Comment

The suncrusher does this in reverse.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I?m going about this all wrong when it comes to asking what idea I want. I?m looking for a science thing that my scientist could study. On Steven Jackson games forum, someone suggested the migration patterns of Purgills. It would have been perfect except for the fact that it might lead someone to Ezra and Thrawn. That story will be told in the future. I want something unique but also a science that my scientist can study as his main work. Not an invention.

Comment

Asking for something unique is where you’re falling down. This is science fiction. Everything has been done. Like the most unique concept created in recent years by my reckoning is Star Trek Discovery’s Spore Drive and it’s something that has been created as pure make believe (awesome make believe in my opinion but make believe nevertheless.) And in particular Star Wars where as you say galactic society has already reached tier 2 technology if not approaching tier 3.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Someone on writingforums.org knocked some sense into me. The Star Wars galaxy has had 1,000’s of years to develop stuff so all science left to do is theoretical or observational. I’m going to have him study asteroids. Thanks for putting up with me.

Comment

Studying asteroids is really boring. I’m looking for something to do with Hyperspace? Any ideas?

Comment

I’m looking for something highly advanced

Comment

You could work out a supercomputer capable of tracking and predicting the orbits of all asteroids in known space; this data could be used to prevent asteroid strikes on planets, safer hyperspace flight, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              You could work out a supercomputer capable of tracking and predicting the orbits of all asteroids in known space; this data could be used to prevent asteroid strikes on planets, safer hyperspace flight, etc.
                              That's a good idea, but not "new". Interdictor cruisers were designed to project gravity wells to replicate such effects in a localized area along high traffic zones or for ship to ship combat, so they are already capable of tracking such information.
                              Combine this idea and the old republic holonet, and you might be on to something.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                That's a good idea, but not "new". Interdictor cruisers were designed to project gravity wells to replicate such effects in a localized area along high traffic zones or for ship to ship combat, so they are already capable of tracking such information.
                                Combine this idea and the old republic holonet, and you might be on to something.
                                I know the Interdictors use a gravity field to yank ships out of hyperspace.

I was thinking more in the line of collision prevention, which from Han Solo's comments when selling his services to Luke & Ben, could be a factor in safely navigating hyperspace, in addition to catastrophic impacts with inhabited planets.

Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X