Eleven-Fifty-Nine (418)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Sometimes death is senseless though... I'm fine with that.
    They already had a senseless death this season, though. Waller went out pathetically because DC thinks people will confuse her with the iteration that will be seen in Suicide Squad. For people who are important not only in the DC comics but in the shows they are in, having both Waller and Canary go out with a whimper is a sad state of affairs. They needed to get rid of Waller for the movie...fine, but do it in a meaningful way so it isn't cheap. But the fact that they killed Laurel to fill a literal plot hole is pathetic.

This season simply has terrible writing. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
    sigpic

Comment

Exactly, they've done this before already. And presumably we're going to do an exact repeat of Lance's grieving father arc that they've already done twice at this point.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Exactly, they've done this before already. And presumably we're going to do an exact repeat of Lance's grieving father arc that they've already done twice at this point.
        Precisely! There has been so few episodes where Lance has NOT been grieving a dead daughter. And now that he had them both back for a handful of episodes the older one is snatched away by the plot hole.

Also it looks like Blackthorne (Lance) is pissed about this decision. It troubles me that none of the stars think that they can convince the writers and producers that some of the decisions they are making are terrible. I understand that actors like Amell are comfortable now that they finally have their big break but they are in relative positions that their voices can/should be considered.
        sigpic

Comment

So did Katie Cassidy leave ARROW or are they gonna push the reset button next season?
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

She didn't chose to leave. The writers do decided to kill her off and won't be coming back
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Future spoilers for all three series

Spoiler:
              Katie Cassidy will be appearing on one episode of Flash as "Black Siren", the Earth 2 variant of Black Canary. Whether she will be a good character or bad, I do not know

Katie Cassidy has a contract with the CW network itself, not just Arrow. It's why she has appeared on so many CW shows. She will be fine, even if the producers of Arrow ****ed up.
              sigpic

Comment

You know, it's also worth noting that if Oliver hadn't spared Merlyn's life for no reason yet again, Laurel would not have died. How many of their loved ones does he have to kill before Oliver finally puts an end to him?
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yep. More bad writing. Though I have a feeling it is so Merlyn will come back as the big bad in the final season (ideally season 5) so the series would have come full circle. That's not a terrible idea but...Yeah.

One could also argue that if Diggle had not trusted in his brother, it would not have happened either.
                  sigpic

Comment

Or they hadn't reassembled the idol and kept it in the bunker where Malcom walks in and out freely while knowing he was working with Darkh none of it would have happened, though I thought it was possible he would keep the idol for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Wow...tonight's episode's ending was heart wrenching.

Spoiler:
                      I can't believe that Laurel is dead! She want not one who I thought would get killed off. I thought it was going to be Captain Lance.
                      Spoiler:
                      Well seeing how he collapsed like that, who's to say he doesn't die of yet another heart attack

It would have made more sense to kill Diggle because of the sheer fact he trusted Andy. THAT would have been an interesting twist.
                      That would have made some actual sense, a lot more than killing Laural..

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      You know, it's also worth noting that if Oliver hadn't spared Merlyn's life for no reason yet again, Laurel would not have died. How many of their loved ones does he have to kill before Oliver finally puts an end to him?
                      And not just Oli. Twice now Thea has had him at her mercy, and failed to 'pull the trigger' so to speak. The best one was in the fight in the arrow-cave, where she had crossed swords over his throat..

Originally posted by Achiles View Post
                      Or they hadn't reassembled the idol and kept it in the bunker where Malcom walks in and out freely while knowing he was working with Darkh none of it would have happened, though I thought it was possible he would keep the idol for himself.
                      That to me is the biggest head scratcher of all of that.. WHY the heck did they keep the idol in the first place... Surely once it was off of being Darhk's play thing, they could have figured a way to destroy it..
                      OR at least get it OUT of that town and not store it in the one place that seems to have had the most infiltrations ever!!

Comment

It seems doing obviously stupid stuff, that is generally out of character for said character, is the flavour of the month for several TV shows presently.

Comment

Which makes you wonder how these people survived to GET where they are if they are that damn stupid, at times..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Which makes you wonder how these people survived to GET where they are if they are that damn stupid, at times..
                            The average viewer doesn't go on to the Internet to whine about every little thing. Most people don't overthink every little action
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

My wife falls into that category (enjoys the story being told for what it is) but even she remarked at how stupid they seem to have become in the last couple of episodes.

Comment

I felt like I was watching Austin Powers

Dr. Evil: Scott, I want you to meet daddy's nemesis, Austin Powers
                                Scott Evil: What? Are you feeding him? Why don't you just kill him?
                                Dr. Evil: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.
                                This is what I felt like about them reassembling the idol and leaving it in a plastic case in a lair that they all know Merlin could get to.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X