This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Nah, he's just doing spin for the show, nothing more. The 'interview' didn't give any real information. My god, it's like watching Bush talking about Wall Street melting down
    Exactly. Brad Wright gave us nothing but bull. They tell us this new show is for a younger demographic and they expect us to be okay with it? Tsk tsk. I don't want to see a bunch of teen drama, and guys pregnant with alien babies. Boring. I'd rather have Atlantis back.

I feel disrespected that Brad expects us to follow SGU like sheep.

Comment

Its obviously nothing but a sale pitch. I hate it when they try to compare the impact of new movies with a the continuation of a tv series for us fans. You can't compare 90 min of Stargate Sg1 or Atlantis a year for a movie with somethings like 800+mins a year for a tv series.

Edit: change hours to mins after morjana post.
      Last edited by Commander Zelix; 12 October 2008, 08:24 PM.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        Its obviously nothing but a sale pitch. I hate it when they try to compare the impact of new movies with a the continuation of a tv series for us fans. You can't compare 90 min of Stargate Sg1 or Atlantis a year for a movie with somethings like 800+ hours a year for a tv series.
        800+ hours a year for a tv series?

Wow! What show do you watch?

Stargate Atlantis only airs 20 episodes a year. 20 * 1 = 20 hours.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I can even think of a series that has 800 + hours
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

You can't compare 90mins with 800+mins a year. Thats my point.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

That depends entirely on the quality. If a movie raises the quality of the show then I say yes you can
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                That depends entirely on the quality. If a movie raises the quality of the show then I say yes you can
                I don't think so. You can't compare 40 mins and 800 mins of entertainment hours for us fans.

But even quality wise. Since I'm not such a special effect guy (since movies got bigger budget). I'm more of a story guy. So any stories that can be told in a movie can be told as a 2 parters. Theres always great episodes each year in a tv series that you like, which can compare to any movies quality wise. While I like the Continuum movie, I think everyone can agree that theres a few episodes that are better than this. But again, my main point is 40 vs 800, you can't compare those 2 (for the same series that is). So, saying fans should be a happy about that is far fetched. Its more like better than nothing.

Comment

bump

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                  X