Post-Stasis and the bathroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-Stasis and the bathroom

Stasis / Suspended animation isn't a total 'Pause' or 'Freeze'.... it just slows down metabolism and aging. But the final 8 just came from eating a big dinner.

Even so, unlike Matrix chambers or Demolition Man chambers, those stasis pods does not have any wiring connected to each persons' body.

There's no way to extract waste material from the body.

In addition, even with slow metabolism for three years, there's going to be muscle degregation due to lack of moving / exercising in a semi-comatose state....

For the stasis pod in SG-1, the ancient woman who get reanimated had to go through some minor physical therapy before becoming mobile again.

So, if after three years that Eli DOES come up with a successful jump / plan, the crew would awaken just to form a huge line in front of the bathroom.... That's IF the passageways to the bathroom has life support turned on.

Worst case scenario they do come out of the jump thousands of years later, their lime / lime substitute supply for life support generation might have grown to mold.... which makes things much worse if all 80 people wake up to line up for the bathroom.

And then there's the joke of if and when people vomit or regurgitate, it'll be like 'hey... that's what i ate three years ago!'

the ancient woman wasn't found in a stasis pod, she was found in the ice.

Comment

the pods mostly keep them the way that they were, so i imagine there body will resume normal function after they wake up, so they won't all have to go at once. and i imagine they went before the got in lol.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qingdom View Post
        Stasis / Suspended animation isn't a total 'Pause' or 'Freeze'.... it just slows down metabolism and aging. But the final 8 just came from eating a big dinner.

Even so, unlike Matrix chambers or Demolition Man chambers, those stasis pods does not have any wiring connected to each persons' body.

There's no way to extract waste material from the body.

In addition, even with slow metabolism for three years, there's going to be muscle degregation due to lack of moving / exercising in a semi-comatose state....

For the stasis pod in SG-1, the ancient woman who get reanimated had to go through some minor physical therapy before becoming mobile again.

So, if after three years that Eli DOES come up with a successful jump / plan, the crew would awaken just to form a huge line in front of the bathroom.... That's IF the passageways to the bathroom has life support turned on.

Worst case scenario they do come out of the jump thousands of years later, their lime / lime substitute supply for life support generation might have grown to mold.... which makes things much worse if all 80 people wake up to line up for the bathroom.

And then there's the joke of if and when people vomit or regurgitate, it'll be like 'hey... that's what i ate three years ago!'
        I'd bet that they would take people out in stages just like they put them in. The next scene would probably be like the scene in Austin Powers when Austin is unfrozen and is urinating for about two full minutes.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

"Evacuating."

So long as they didn't go in holding it in, they should be fine.

Comment

I would think they all were smart enough to 'do their business' before they went in.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              the ancient woman wasn't found in a stasis pod, she was found in the ice.
              Thank you for saying this. I was like...I've watched SG-1 several times and don't remember an ancient woman in a stasis pod.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Thank you for saying this. I was like...I've watched SG-1 several times and don't remember an ancient woman in a stasis pod.
                I thought that they found Wier in a pod?
                sigpic

Comment

just take a 10 out at a time and let them go to the bathroom and then ten more
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I stand corrected. My apologies for citing something that wasn't at all true. It's been a while since I rewatched the earlier seasons of SG-1... the pod that O'Neill went into, I thought that was the same pod we thawed the Ancient out of. Wrong conclusion. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by TuKwick_1 View Post
                      I thought that they found Wier in a pod?
                      that was in SGA, not SG-1, and the pod she was found in was in Atlantis.

Comment

And she was near death.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          And she was near death.
                          Yeah, but she was also getting in and out every once and awhile to rotate the ZedPMs.

Comment

No, in SG-1, the ancient woman was in ice. In SGA...it was an old Dr. Weir in a stasis pod.
                            sigpic

Comment

No, in SG-1, the ancient woman was in ice. In SGA...it was an old Dr. Weir in a stasis pod.
                              Yes, I said this.

Comment

Working...
                              X