Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dharman42 View Post
    Why not do a new tv show to tie loose ends and build something new and original within the franchise.
    Probably because the audience has moved on...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Probably because the audience has moved on...
      Blasphemy!

FH, KREE!
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Some may moved on, but none could let go! Astria Porta, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Blasphemy!

FH, KREE!

Originally posted by dharman42 View Post
          Some may moved on, but none could let go! Astria Porta, baby!
          Letting go is harder than moving on... or vice versa... or something...

I've moved passed stargate, and straight into other things, but letting go of it entirely... probably never.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I've moved passed stargate, and straight into other things, but letting go of it entirely... probably never.
            Hard to keep a franchise alive if it's dead in the water.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Stargate has never been dead in the water. Yeah, it might not be thriving like it once was but it's never been dead. I've had plenty of new Stargate adventures since the show went off the air.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                Hard to keep a franchise alive if it's dead in the water.
                On TV yes... pretty dead...

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                Stargate has never been dead in the water. Yeah, it might not be thriving like it once was but it's never been dead. I've had plenty of new Stargate adventures since the show went off the air.
                It depends where you are in the audience spectrum... and Stargate Command is a pretty good indication of that.
                You know how I feel about that place but the bubble in which it resides, that's where stargate is alive. Outside of it, it's dead in the water.

Comment

I understand Elite's point, but for the common folks such as myself that isn't really involved much in fan-art stuff, conventions and so on, it is dead in the water simply because there hasn't been new on-screen material for years (except Origins, which was a tease more than anything else). I wish it wasn't, but I tend to agree with FH on that.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I was talking more specifically about things like the comics, novels and the audio dramas. I know they're not for everyone but they've been - the novels especially - other sources of Stargate adventures for me since the show was still on the air. I know they're not for everyone - or some people put lesser value on anything not on the screen - but they're there.
                    sigpic

Comment

American Mythology's SGU/SGA Ongoing #3 is out tomorrow!

Anyone heard anything about future Stargate comics? I'm iching for more SGU stories!

As far as I'm concerned, 'different writers per volume' format would work well, as long as MGM let Wright and Cooper write the final book/chapter.

Comment

I'm impressed with how on-top of it they seem to be with the Ongoing Anthology!
                        sigpic

Comment

With Haynes and Vaughn stepping down as writers, AM should really shed some light on what’s coming…
                          I like the idea of Universe continuing via comics.

Comment

Ugh, that post got deleted quick...

Comment

My fault.

Here's the link to the script: http://www.laurencemoroney.com/wp-co...02/SGUPx01.pdf

It's my script after all
                              Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Look forward to reading!

Comment

Working...
                                X