Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what also helps -- inform the teenagers who come of age what happens if they aren't careful.

And yes, accidents happen and in such case it should be the girl's or woman's choice to go forward or to say no, not right now. I can't this cause I want to get this degree, or I'm not in a point in my life where I can give this kid the time and effort it deserves.

Until then, I suggest you stop telling women what they can and can't do.
    It's none of my business, and it's none of yours either.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      No, partners can use birth control to minimize the chances, but there will always be a chance of a pregnancy unless some permanent type of control is in use. So it's a good idea to be in a suitable situation just in case.

But responsible behavior is just too much to expect, isn't it? Much easier to just kill the infant that results.
      He really is saying sex is only for reproduction..

Everyone must be celibate until they want kids

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Guess what also helps -- inform the teenagers who come of age what happens if they aren't careful.

And yes, accidents happen and in such case it should be the girl's or woman's choice to go forward or to say no, not right now. I can't this cause I want to get this degree, or I'm not in a point in my life where I can give this kid the time and effort it deserves.

Until then, I suggest you stop telling women what they can and can't do.
        It's none of my business, and it's none of yours either.
        There is a basic disconnect here, and we will never change each other's minds. The basic thing is that I consider abortion to be murder because it is the taking of a human life and you don't.

And murder is definitely something that a society has an interest in.

Comment

Because it's none of my business why a person makes that choice, but at least they have that choice.

And neither should it be yours, no matter what your opinion is on the matter, unless you are intimitely and directly affected by it, like say your partner.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Because it's none of my business why a person makes that choice, but at least they have that choice.

And neither should it be yours, no matter what your opinion is on the matter, unless you are intimitely and directly affected by it, like say your partner.
            Suppose you thought abortion was murder, as I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Errr....... that's the law?
              So a hundred thousand US citizens could be killed overseas, but cause it was never on US soil, we ain't gonna worry bout those terrorists, cause it was NOT ON us soil according to the law.. In your mind that is..

Why not, she aborted an innocent life, right?
              Now you are being obtuse.. Arguing for the sake of arguing..

You do understand that intent is a major function of law, right?
              BUt were not YOU ARGUING that intent didn't matter for hillary only what she actually did?

They are against jack booted thugs?
              And how is the IRS holding a JOB Booth at a fair, being jack booted thugs?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              Right... That's the only way it happens.. there has to be some external trauma

You know sometimes it just happens, right? No reason. No blunt force impact. Just the foetus detaches all on it's own, just because. And it happens far more often than you realise.

If a woman goes into the hospital and says it just happened, would you believe her? She was just watching TV, got up to get a snack, and suddenly blood everywhere!! How would you be able to tell if she is telling the truth?

Would you believe it "just happened"?
              First off i didn't SAY THAT IS THE ONLY way it happens, but from chatting with a # of people who have worked in hospitals, that is what they say often causes it.. external trauma..
              Secondly, YES i know a woman can miscarry, just because. And in most of those cases, the docs can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                So a hundred thousand US citizens could be killed overseas, but cause it was never on US soil, we ain't gonna worry bout those terrorists, cause it was NOT ON us soil according to the law.. In your mind that is..
                No, not "in my mind", according to law. If you want to ban Somali pirates, go for it, you would have a case. The law exists independent of me, and my opinion of it.
                Now you are being obtuse.. Arguing for the sake of arguing..
                No, I am applying your standard without fear or favour.
                BUt were not YOU ARGUING that intent didn't matter for hillary only what she actually did?
                Not me.

And how is the IRS holding a JOB Booth at a fair, being jack booted thugs?
                it's not the booth in of itself that is the problem.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Suppose you thought abortion was murder, as I do?
                  suppose you were muslim, as you could be?

Comment

Well, since that faith seems to not allow abortions, I suspect I might still think its murder.

Comment

Well, since that faith seems to not allow abortions, I suspect I might still think its murder.
                      I think you missed his point, badly.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Have you been drinkingAlisa's coolaid again?

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                        I drink Hawaiian Punch, NOT coolaid. The sugar in the Punch knocks you out into la-la sleepy land..
                        And my home-made "Shirley Temple"s are just as sweet..marachino cherries..mmmmmm..
                        I have a sweet tooth.
                        To be honest, I have no idea what this coolaid is, which is always referred to.

I assume, it must be something sweet, yes. But is it a soda?
                        No, it's juice - flavored juice, actually spelled Kool-Aid. Often comes in a powdered mix, but can be pre-mixed and sold same way Hawaiian Punch is sold in plastic bottles or waterproofed cardboard containers.

I'm guessing Kool-Aid is a competitor to Hawaiian Punch. I used to drink both during my younger years. Now, I drink Hawaiian Punch more, because I have favorite flavors. I forget what the difference is besides price and brand name. They're both pretty much on par with each other as far as sweetness (sugar content).

I did find some history on Kool-Aid on wikipedia, where the origin of the slang term "drinking the Kool-aid" came from. Here it is..

"Kool-Aid (history)"

Main definition--
                        {quote}Kool-Aid is a brand of flavored drink mix owned by Kraft Foods.
                        Product type= Powdered drink mix, pouched beverage and liquid.
                        {end of quote}

History in popular culture--
                        {quote}* "Drinking the Kool-Aid" refers to the 1978 Jonestown Massacre; the phrase suggests that one has mindlessly adopted the dogma of a group or leader without fully understanding the ramifications or implications. At Jonestown, Jim Jones' followers followed him to the end: after visiting Congressman Leo Ryan was shot at the airstrip, all the Peoples Temple members drank from a metal vat containing a mixture of "Kool Aid", cyanide, and prescription drugs Valium, Phenergan, and chloral hydrate.

Present-day descriptions of the event often refer to the beverage not as Kool-Aid but as Flavor Aid,[14] a less-expensive product from Jel Sert reportedly found at the site.[15] Kraft Foods, the maker of Kool-Aid, has stated the same.[16][17] Implied by this accounting of events is that the reference to the Kool-Aid brand owes exclusively to its being better-known among Americans. Others are less categorical.[14] Both brands are known to have been among the commune's supplies: Film footage shot inside the compound prior to the events of November shows Jones opening a large chest in which boxes of both Flavor Aid and Kool-Aid are visible.[18]

Criminal investigators testifying at the Jonestown inquest spoke of finding packets of "cool aid" (sic), and eyewitnesses to the incident are also recorded as speaking of "cool aid" or "Cool Aid."[19] However, it is unclear whether they intended to refer to the actual Kool-Aid–brand drink or were using the name in a generic sense that might refer to any powdered flavored beverage.
                        {end of quote}
                        Whoa.. after reading that little blurb, makes me glad I drink Hawaiian Punch instead..
                        Better to get socked by a Hawaiian Punch into dreamy-land and wake up every day, than have that Jonestown Kool-Aid term attached and never wake up.. jeesh!

Comment

Oh, I got it. I just didn't see what it had to do with a discussion on abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                            No, it's juice - flavored juice, actually spelled Kool-Aid. Often comes in a powdered mix, but can be pre-mixed and sold same way Hawaiian Punch is sold in plastic bottles or waterproofed cardboard containers.

I'm guessing Kool-Aid is a competitor to Hawaiian Punch. I used to drink both during my younger years. Now, I drink Hawaiian Punch more, because I have favorite flavors. I forget what the difference is besides price and brand name. They're both pretty much on par with each other as far as sweetness (sugar content).

I did find some history on Kool-Aid on wikipedia, where the origin of the slang term "drinking the Kool-aid" came from. Here it is..

Whoa.. after reading that little blurb, makes me glad I drink Hawaiian Punch instead..
                            Better to get socked by a Hawaiian Punch into dreamy-land and wake up every day, than have that Jonestown Kool-Aid term attached and never wake up.. jeesh!
                            ugh....now there was one sick man.....with a group of equally sick people following right behind him

Comment

Oh, I got it. I just didn't want to see what it had to do with a discussion on abortion.
                              fixed4u

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody has commented about this:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...s-13-countries

or this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-trump-russia
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X