Star Trek Beyond : News/Speculation/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Imagine something like suddenly out of no where women start hitting on Sulu & hes like "Im gay" repeating that for 5 minutes & even on the alien planet if the alien women show interest he keeps saying "i'm gay" they do gotta be careful with that

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      But that's the point I'm trying to make.. You're against gay Sulu because you don't want to see the "gay lifestyle" (whatever that means) being all "in your face"..

And yet you can't spot an actual real life gay person when he's right in front of you..

So, what are you really afraid of?
      I am NOT against him being gay, just as long as its NOT done overtly/in your face. If you would open your eyes and actually read what the heck i write..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I am NOT against him being gay, just as long as its NOT done overtly/in your face. If you would open your eyes and actually read what the heck i write..
        Thats my worry as well they might have some strange random women on the ship show interest just so he can say hes gay when no ones shown interest before Paramount hopefully did not over do this

Comment

Originally posted by TheRandomOne View Post
          Imagine something like suddenly out of no where women start hitting on Sulu & hes like "Im gay" repeating that for 5 minutes & even on the alien planet if the alien women show interest he keeps saying "i'm gay" they do gotta be careful with that
          Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Thats my worry as well they might have some strange random women on the ship show interest just so he can say hes gay when no ones shown interest before Paramount hopefully did not over do this
          So.. You're worried having an openly gay character is going to turn Star Trek into a Carry On film?

Comment

So.. You're worried having an openly gay character is going to turn Star Trek into a Carry On film?
            We have enough drama with Spock & whats her face. People dont watch these movies because of a characters sexuality. They can make Kirk & Spock gay for each other for all I care. But if that romance was the main plot of a movie I would be turned off from it & quit this franchise. If this ends up feeling like its some propaganda like a certain Sony movie coming out next week I have no problem quitting this franchise. Paramount does have 2 be careful with how they do this people do not watch these movies for the romances after all

Comment

Someone find me the Futurama "oh wait, you're serious" meme
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

We have enough drama with Spock & whats her face. People dont watch these movies because of a characters sexuality. <SNIP>
                ....people do not watch these movies for the romances after all
                Amen to that. Less heing and sheeing (or whatever and whatevering) and more sci fi, action, the kind of thing we watch these for.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Someone find me the Futurama "oh wait, you're serious" meme
                  It will be the fans that decide this franchise's future depending on how they handle this

Comment

It will be the fans that decide this franchise's future depending on how they handle this
                    eh? This franchise's future is in no danger whatsoever from this. There might be a discussion or two, but that's it.

Comment

From my recollection of the carry on films there was few if anything gay about the characters. You might be thinking of "Are you being served"..

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Amen to that. Less heing and sheeing (or whatever and whatevering) and more sci fi, action, the kind of thing we watch these for.
                      Exactly. I got into trek cause of the space battles and such.
                      If i wanted socialization, i would watch a soap opera.

Comment

Alternate timeline aside, why not just introduce a new character that is gay? Why make Sulu gay all of sudden? I don't understand the reasoning behind making a straight character gay.
                        sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                        ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

I look at it this way its an alternate universe so yes they can do what they want with something like this as long as they do it carefully as well but if this is just to jump on the bandwagon of whats been going on recently in society, then as a Star Trek fan I do not approve

Comment

but if this is just to jump on the bandwagon of whats been going on recently in society, then as a Star Trek fan I do not approve
                            Exactly!
                            sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                            ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

I don't care if Sulu is straight or gay as long as his relationship isn't as annoying as I personally find Spock and Uhura's relationship. I don't know if I can take another couple bickering while on a mission or while life or death events are taking place around them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh for...addressing current events in a fantastic setting is literally THE ENTIRE REASON why Star Trek mattered in the first place!
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X