No announcement yet.

Wormhole X-Treme! (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode but hated that Jack gave the ship to the aliens. I know it isn't meant to be serious and is a parody but I still had a problem with that one thing. They could have kept the ship and sent the aliens to a different planet via stargate, everyone wins. Earth gets a fully working space ship. Aliens gets a new home where they don't have to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
      I liked the episode but hated that Jack gave the ship to the aliens.
      Yeah, that was difficult to accept. Number one mission of the stargate program: obtain technology to defend Earth.

They could have kept the ship and sent the aliens to a different planet via stargate, everyone wins. Earth gets a fully working space ship. Aliens gets a new home where they don't have to hide.
      Good solution

But like you said, it was a self-parody.

Comment

I was disappointed in this to be honest and I have loved the past comedic episodes that Stargate has done. Oh well
        Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
        Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
          I liked the episode but hated that Jack gave the ship to the aliens. I know it isn't meant to be serious and is a parody but I still had a problem with that one thing. They could have kept the ship and sent the aliens to a different planet via stargate, everyone wins. Earth gets a fully working space ship. Aliens gets a new home where they don't have to hide.
          The whole episode wasn't a parody - there was elements of parody. It was lighthearted.

Jack gave them the controller because it was the right thing to do. It was their ship. Also the lead NID agent said that they had control of the investigation meaning that even if Jack and the others flew off in it, the NID would claim it later and it has already been established in previous episodes that the NID has more influence in government than the SGC.

I have more of a problem with the missing soldiers - Carter and Jackson's backup at the warehouse just disappeared. Why were they not kept prisoner with SG-1?

And speaking of parody, etc. - was that NID agent drinking from the empty cup meant to be a joke too?

Comment

Fun and parody - so don't care for the details. I like Martin Lloyd, he is so naive and smart at the same time and he always gets on the nerves of the others.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

The first time I watched this was in fast-forward mode.. I tried to be open-minded with it this time. It wasn't too bad. In fact I may have laughed at least once more than did I in Urgo. Making for a total of.. one and a half laughs.

Comment

Martin Lloyd is worth watching.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

I think this episode is lots of fun! I rate it as good. . Plus, I really like Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    OMG -- this is just the most ridiculous episode ever. I know it's supposed to be good fun, but I have to admit second time through it's just plain stupid.
                    From my previous rewatch attempt... and unfortunately, the more I watch it, the more stupid it becomes apparently. The more I watch, the dumber it gets.

It's a good episode, but the entertainment value diminishes a lot.

It's still fun to see the studio, and all the cameos. And the cameos of props used in the show and the standing set of the Goa'uld vessel, but all in all it's just a very dumb 100th episode. It's entertainment but that's it.

Two things I love though: the CG-ship which is extremely well done, and the introduction of Agent Barrett (and did you spot Martin Wood behind him looking all spiffy like a true man in black? )

How would you rate SG-1's "Wormhole X-Treme!?"

Excellent -- it's dumb as hell but I love it anyway.
                    Good
                    Fair
                    Poor
                    Terrible

*****EDIT*****

3-episode quiz: Desperate Measures, Wormhole X-Treme & Proving Ground

Jigsaw puzzle: Wormhole X-Treme
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 11 July 2018, 08:19 AM.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

15:31

Comment

Nice and easy...

Comment

Uh huh, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                            Uh huh, sure.
                            Okay, you're clearly not buying that...

Comment

It's all the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                                It's all the blue.
                                There's also a ship in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X