Elizabeth Weir in AU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Mine too. They never mentioned her or the medic's name. It fits.
    Except that what in God's name would make Elizabeth Weir become a military medical officer?

All the othe characterisations seemed at least pretty similar to our ones.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      I hope she NEVER ever returns.

Not because I hate her. Or even because I dislike her.

But TPTB gashed up her story So badly with the repli-weir thing that it's just painful. I'd have been happier if she'd have just DIED at the hands of the replicators.
      Adrift and Lifeline were excellent eps. Lifeline was likley one of the best of the series, imo. A lot of drama going back and forth. I feel that they had an opportunity to really make this story work, but threw it out.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Adrift and Lifeline were excellent eps. Lifeline was likley one of the best of the series, imo. A lot of drama going back and forth. I feel that they had an opportunity to really make this story work, but threw it out.
        Yes. And that's where it stopped. Killing her off properly in Lifeline, or heck, even just the statement that she died in This Mortal Coil would have worked. But NO. They had to put in that damn scene in BAMSR and then follow up with the God awful Ghost in the machine.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yes. And that's where it stopped. Killing her off properly in Lifeline, or heck, even just the statement that she died in This Mortal Coil would have worked. But NO. They had to put in that damn scene in BAMSR and then follow up with the God awful Ghost in the machine.
          I did like the flesh and blood copies, but I think the last scene in BAMSR should of been followed up with an episode in Season 4, and they should of kept something going.
          sigpic

Comment

Elizabeth Wier is dead! Dead I say! Frozen in space forever!! And dare I say it, I like it that way! (Not that I didn't like Wier when she was a human)
            But please, don't let me clog up this discussion between BG and FOBennett. Please continue. . . !!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
            MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Except that what in God's name would make Elizabeth Weir become a military medical officer?

All the othe characterisations seemed at least pretty similar to our ones.
              Maybe something significant happened in her life to make her not dislike the military and she saw it as a way to help people. Remember that there are an infinite number of AU's.

And don't crush our little shippy hearts so thoroughly, we're still tender.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Maybe something significant happened in her life to make her not dislike the military and she saw it as a way to help people. Remember that there are an infinite number of AU's.

And don't crush our little shippy hearts so thoroughly, we're still tender.
                I'm not, but I'm just amazed that major Weir fans (which I assume you are) would want to change her character so much to fit a ship. I mean... that wouldn't be Weir any more would it? Not really.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm not, but I'm just amazed that major Weir fans (which I assume you are) would want to change her character so much to fit a ship. I mean... that wouldn't be Weir any more would it? Not really.
                  We would love to change her and make her be the leader she could have been if she had been written better in the first place. But no, we don't want to rewrite her as military in the canon universe. Or at least, I don't, even though I love the military.

But again, it could happen in an AU. And as for the ship, I think the fact of her close connection with John could translate into any AU. He loved this woman. He lost her. He turned dark. In canon, we believe that John turned dark partly because of his loss of Elizabeth. Thus the connection with Vegas.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bah, McWeir all the way! *flees from the ravenous hordes of That Other Weir Ship*
                    sigpic
                    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                      Bah, McWeir all the way! *flees from the ravenous hordes of That Other Weir Ship*
                      Ha ha, you can run but you can't hide. I'm sure Rodney would be happy to help John bring her home.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                        Bah, McWeir all the way!?* *flees from the ravenous hordes of That Other Weir Ship*
                        I don't know. Have you seen the way Elizabeth looks at that office
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

She was totally that medic. *las*

I don't care what Joe M says. But it's lazy writing and not very inspiring to leave her stranded in space like that.

Screw this, if they want a movie they have a nice little storyline right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            She was totally that medic. *las*

I don't care what Joe M says. But it's lazy writing and not very inspiring to leave her stranded in space like that.

Screw this, if they want a movie they have a nice little storyline right there.
                            Maybe Vala will run across her and reel her in. Then the two rejects can become space pirates together.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                              Considering it was an Alternate Universe, wouldn't that make it a prime opportunity to bring Elizabeth Wier back for an episode? I would've liked to see her actually. Even just having her walking past in the hall would've been really neat.
                              for all we know, in this AU Elizabeth may still be running the program - never died, because well, everything that Sheppard's team did would be changed - and perhaps they'd never have run across that batch of replicators...

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Maybe Vala will run across her and reel her in. Then the two rejects can become space pirates together.
                                They totally need to steal Sheppard. I would watch that show.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X