What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's called Gary. Gary Doctor.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      He's called Gary. Gary Doctor.
      Gazza ? nah i think they will never reveal his name because if they do why now? why not seasons back when the producers thought the show got cancelled ? they wont reveal his name thats my thought

Comment

Well theres been heaps of possible names, from the first episode on through to Doomsday, i think its been part of the history of the show to keep throwing us off and then finding out another possible answer to it, but once we think its that name, we'll have another crack about what his name could be
        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

wait a second, i know i already posted but wth, maybe they don't want us to know it because he will end up being some super crazy a** superhero or ancient God or something, u know what i mean, or am i just completly off, because who knows, they may make an episode where he needs to create the universe, in order to save it, like a paridox, HE'S GOD!!!!
          no that just on of my crazy no point or physical evidence ideas because i like to think about nothing useful
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Gregg?
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I really like the idea of The Doctor's name being a string of math symbols. Here on Earth, our names have meanings (i.e. 'Margaret' means 'pearl'), so why wouldn't a Gallifreyan name have the same cultural meanings?

Originally posted by mappalazarou
              Gregg??
              As in House? Ohhhh my. Dr. House a Time Lord. Now that's a creepy thought.
              Last edited by Tracker; 27 October 2006, 09:17 PM. Reason: Uh, uh. Not double posting. You can't make me. :P

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
              ---------------------------------------------
              ---------------------------------------------
              Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

The Doctor has been through alot before his exile so he will probably never ever reveal it unless somebody actually gets it out of him or his last words when he dies for good, will be his actual name?

I dont know, it depends. But I have worked it out a bit.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

The Doctor's name is kinda like the 9th Chevron. =D

Maybe his name is the 9th Chevron.

Comment

It's BOB, Dr. Bob.

Geesh, I knew this already.

How do you spell Canada?

C-eh-n-eh-d-eh

Comment

no its steve
                      sigpic
                      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                        Perhaps that IS his name

well, I think that is a nick name as Omega was a nickname given to a timelod as he got the lowest grade at the academy, omega, and the doctor got 51% on hi second attempt, hence hy he got 2 names

I think his name is just Doctor, although he says to the master that he l,ikes to be known as masterm implying it isn't his name

Comment

Over on Outpost Gallifrey there was a theory going 'round that the Doctor's name had been removed as a punishment... sort of wiped from history forwards and backwards. But Steven Moffat responded to that one:

Originally posted by Steven Moffat
                          Bit of a rubbish punishment, though, isn't it? I mean if I'd broken the cardinal rule of all, erm, human writers, and I was hauled off to court and they bellowed from on high, "Henceforth you shall no longer be called Steven" I'd be thinking, phew, not so bad, got off with a warning and a bit of altered nomenclature, sorted.

The Writer
                          The guy makes me laugh...
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

This was taken from www.internationalhero.co.uk

Aliases of the Doctor

Aliases: (used often or for prolonged periods of his life) The Doctor, Doctor John Smith, Merlin, Muldwych, the Ripper, the Sandman, Theta Sigma, the Valeyard;
                            (applied to him by others) the Dark One, Doctor Who, Eighth Man Bound, the Evergreen Man, the Evil One, He Whose Name Dare Not Be Mentioned, the Ka Faraq Gatri, the Other, the Relic; the Savior, Snail, Thete, Time's Champion, Wormhole; by the Chinese he is sometimes called Wu (the Tiger, for his courage), sometimes Wu (the Fox, for his cunning), and most often Wu (He Who Tends to the Sick)
                            (mistaken for, and didn't bother correcting) the Abbot of Amboise, Commander John Ballard, Doc Holliday, the Examiner, Maximillian Petullian, Meglos, Salamander, Sir Reginald Styles, Zeus;
                            (Occasional / once off) Doctor Caligari, Doctor Galloway, Doctor James McCrimmon, Doctor Johann Schmidt, Doctor Jon Smythe, Doctor von Wer, the Great Wizard Qui Quae Quod, James Alistair Bowman, Lazarus; Lung Tau (the Dragon's Head), Mr Pendragon; the Savant; Vaughn Sutton.

**********************************************************

Pretty Cool ha?

Maybe the Doctor should be known as Legion.
                            THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
                            AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
                            AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

maybe his name is a anagram

from doctor john smith i got:

chid jo northmost
                              chid northmost jo
                              chirt dojo months
                              chirt dojos month
                              chirt month dojos
                              chirt months dojo
                              chirts dojo month
                              chirts month dojo
                              chondri josh mott
                              chondri jot moths
                              chondri jots moth
                              chondri moth jots
                              chondri moths jot
                              chondri mott josh
                              chord joint moths
                              chord joints moth
                              chord joist month
                              chord month joist
                              chord moth joints
                              chord moths joint
                              chords joint moth
                              chords moth joint
                              christom dot john
                              christom hond jot
                              christom john dot
                              christom john tod
                              christom jot hond
                              christom nth dojo
                              christom tod john
                              chromo ditt johns
                              chromo ditts john
                              chromo john ditts
                              chromo johns ditt
                              chromos ditt john
                              chromos john ditt
                              cohort john midst
                              cohort midst john
                              cornmoth dish jot
                              cornmoth dit josh
                              cornmoth hid jots
                              cornmoth josh dit
                              cornmoth josh tid
                              cornmoth jot dish
                              cornmoth jots hid
                              cornmoth tid josh
                              cornmoths hid jot
                              cornmoths jot hid
                              coth hindmost jor
                              coth jor hindmost

these sound hopefull
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                                This was taken from www.internationalhero.co.uk

Aliases of the Doctor

Aliases: (used often or for prolonged periods of his life) The Doctor, Doctor John Smith, Merlin, Muldwych, the Ripper, the Sandman, Theta Sigma, the Valeyard;
                                (applied to him by others) the Dark One, Doctor Who, Eighth Man Bound, the Evergreen Man, the Evil One, He Whose Name Dare Not Be Mentioned, the Ka Faraq Gatri, the Other, the Relic; the Savior, Snail, Thete, Time's Champion, Wormhole; by the Chinese he is sometimes called Wu (the Tiger, for his courage), sometimes Wu (the Fox, for his cunning), and most often Wu (He Who Tends to the Sick)
                                (mistaken for, and didn't bother correcting) the Abbot of Amboise, Commander John Ballard, Doc Holliday, the Examiner, Maximillian Petullian, Meglos, Salamander, Sir Reginald Styles, Zeus;
                                (Occasional / once off) Doctor Caligari, Doctor Galloway, Doctor James McCrimmon, Doctor Johann Schmidt, Doctor Jon Smythe, Doctor von Wer, the Great Wizard Qui Quae Quod, James Alistair Bowman, Lazarus; Lung Tau (the Dragon's Head), Mr Pendragon; the Savant; Vaughn Sutton.

**********************************************************

Pretty Cool ha?

Maybe the Doctor should be known as Legion.
                                Legion?? As in Legion from the Marvel Comics movie "Ghost Rider"???

He isnt that bad but then again, he is 13 "diffrent people" (10 so far) so "Legion of Light" or "Legion of Wisdom" would be a good name for him

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Working...
                                X