Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I may never eat again. The food was so good. I'm picky eater and wasn't sure how I'd do, but now I've decided if I lived there, I probably wouldn't be so picky. I actually made it into Belgium, not where FH is, but I was in Bruges for a day. Loved it! It was beautiful, and I loved the beef stew I had there. They said it was simmered in beer and it was insanely good.

Enjoy vacay!

Whoa. That's kind of crazy.

Happy belated Halloween! I was so happy to be back home so I could spend Halloween with my family and neighborhood friends. But the chocolate...oh my gosh, so much chocolate. I'm running the risk of never wanting to eat it again. Between the amount I brought back from France and Belgium (even Customs Agents were laughing at me) and what was brought into my home via Trick or Treating, my kitchen is beginning to look like a candy boutique.
    That doesn't sound bad to me.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

OMG.

Yeah, was pretty quiet for me too, since we don't get trick-or-treaters in my rural neck of the woods (the businesses in the center of the village hand out treats in the afternoon, and then one big neighborhood near the village is TOT central after dark ). So I put on some of my sound effects CDs and did some writing.

Yum! That stew sounds tasty indeed.

Nah, there's no such thing as having so much chocolate you never want to eat it again. One can never have enough chocolate. And ate some candy of course.
      I think that's one scenario I've never considered writing in, it's always been too chaotic in my household, but I like the idea. That kind of setting must be an interesting influence on writing. My Halloween decor is still up, maybe I should clear the house of other humans and give that a go.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      That doesn't sound bad to me.
      It's actually quite nice, but's its funny how much thought I've given to it when planning my grocery shopping list as I keep considering what will pair best with chocolate. Luckily, at least in my mind, everything pairs well with chocolate.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I think that's one scenario I've never considered writing in, it's always been too chaotic in my household, but I like the idea. That kind of setting must be an interesting influence on writing. My Halloween decor is still up, maybe I should clear the house of other humans and give that a go.
        It's different, that's for sure. Of course, sometimes I run my Halloween CDs in the summer too.

It's actually quite nice, but's its funny how much thought I've given to it when planning my grocery shopping list as I keep considering what will pair best with chocolate. Luckily, at least in my mind, everything pairs well with chocolate.
        Wait...you mean there are people who think everything doesn't pair well with chocolate?!? Blasphemy!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's different, that's for sure. Of course, sometimes I run my Halloween CDs in the summer too.

Wait...you mean there are people who think everything doesn't pair well with chocolate?!? Blasphemy!
          Chocolate is like bacon. It's the food that makes all other foods taste good.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Definitely pretty out here. Three days after Halloween, and we have SNOW.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Chocolate is like bacon. It's the food that makes all other foods taste good.
            Exactly.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Great minds think alike.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: USC beat Arizona 49-35 (and whoa was that a wild second half shootout or what? ), Virginia Tech fell to Miami 28-10, Tennessee beat Southern Miss 24-10, and it was a no good very bad day in Atlantis as Air Force fell to Army 21-0 and Navy fell to Temple 34-26.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Definitely pretty out here. Three days after Halloween, and we have SNOW.

Exactly.
                    Snow?! Whoa. I was in the mountains this weekend trying to soak up the last of the amazing fall color...and it was 80 degrees!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: USC beat Arizona 49-35 (and whoa was that a wild second half shootout or what? ), Virginia Tech fell to Miami 28-10, Tennessee beat Southern Miss 24-10, and it was a no good very bad day in Atlantis as Air Force fell to Army 21-0 and Navy fell to Temple 34-26.
                    Maybe they slept in and skipped the run since they knew all their Earth bound friends and family were getting an extra hour of sleep. As Daylight Savings time sucks, IMHO anyway (I'd rather have the light at night), I'd like to think they didn't observe that nonsense on Atlantis.

The time changed a week ago in Paris when I was there. So I went forward six hours once I arrived in Paris, back one for the time change, then back five to EST when I came home, now back one more for DST...all I can say is thank goodness for cell phones. My body is still trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Then I feed it chocolate and all is right with the world again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Why, oh why, did I have to bring up the 80 degree weather where I live after SK mentioned snow? It was like tempting the weather gods. We've got 30 degree nights back in the forecast, but at least the chance of snow still looks slim.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Why, oh why, did I have to bring up the 80 degree weather where I live after SK mentioned snow? It was like tempting the weather gods. We've got 30 degree nights back in the forecast, but at least the chance of snow still looks slim.
                            Oh dear... On the bright side, it looks like we snagged a bit of your warmer weather, it's supposed to be in the low 50s today.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I know no one here will believe this but a friend called Mr. SR this week asking for help with a document that she planned to send him by snail mail. He suggested she scan it into a word processor. Her reply "What's a word processor?" I swear I am not making this up. She has a computer, is on FB and shops online. I guess she just never needed to type anything. LOL So, we got the doc by snail mail. He scanned it, made the changes she wanted, I edited it, we printed it off and mailed it back. Easier than trying to teach her.
                              My literal reaction:

I actually made it into Belgium, not where FH is, but I was in Bruges for a day. Loved it! It was beautiful, and I loved the beef stew I had there. They said it was simmered in beer and it was insanely good.
                              Bruges is about a 2,5 drive from where I'm at. I have friends in the neighborhood of Bruges though.
                              However, I wasn't in Belgium the past few days. I was in Tenerife, spending some quality time with the local vulcano, the Teide, and the local wildlife -- literally surrounded by a pod of dolphins while kayaking and a curious seaturtle. Also, stood eye-to-eye with a rescued Orca (the nearly deaf Morgan, rescued from the North Sea which is not a place where orcas naturally appear) -- like a meter apart, gazing into eachother's eyes. Hers were a nice shade of blue.

Sounds like you're describing the good old fashioned "Stoofvlees" dish, which is yummy and the sauce is also very yummy as a substitute for mayo or ketchup with fries.

...Air Force fell to Army 21-0...
                              Okay, ouch...

The time changed a week ago in Paris when I was there. So I went forward six hours once I arrived in Paris, back one for the time change, then back five to EST when I came home, now back one more for DST...all I can say is thank goodness for cell phones. My body is still trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Then I feed it chocolate and all is right with the world again.
                              A timezone yo-yo -- check

DST Belgium -1h
                              Tenerife four days later -1h cause different timezone (so that's a loss of 2h)
                              Back to Belgium 7 days later +1

This morning the alarm went off at 6am -- sure didn't feel like it.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Bruges is about a 2,5 drive from where I'm at. I have friends in the neighborhood of Bruges though.
                                However, I wasn't in Belgium the past few days. I was in Tenerife, spending some quality time with the local vulcano, the Teide, and the local wildlife -- literally surrounded by a pod of dolphins while kayaking and a curious seaturtle. Also, stood eye-to-eye with a rescued Orca (the nearly deaf Morgan, rescued from the North Sea which is not a place where orcas naturally appear) -- like a meter apart, gazing into eachother's eyes. Hers were a nice shade of blue.
                                Squee! Glad you had fun, it all sounds beautiful!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Sounds like you're describing the good old fashioned "Stoofvlees" dish, which is yummy and the sauce is also very yummy as a substitute for mayo or ketchup with fries.
                                Getting hungry again...

Comment

Working...
                                X