Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.06 "The Ark"
    Part 1 -- Intrigued and entertained
    Part 2 -- Non-plussed
    Part 3 -- Fascinated
    Part 4 -- Predictable

Don't really like Dodo Chaplet much. The medieval garb is a bit....ridiculous.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Blink
      sigpic

Comment

Lost in Time: "The Celestial Toymaker" Part 4

Dodo is less annoying when she's dressed in normal clothes lol
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 12 April 2010, 05:17 PM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

3.08 "The Gunfighters"
          Doctor Who does a western. Oh god.

3.10 "The War Machines"
          Pretty lame, at least until soldiers got involved 3/4 of the way through part 3. I did crack a bit of a smile though, near the beginning of part 3 when Ben was trying to wrestle Polly away from the door to escape the warehouse. He's clearly copping a feel--and then he does it again near the end of part 4 when forcing her out of the Wotan room I suppose, with "The Smugglers" lost and the final episode of "The Tenth Planet" missing, this is my last complete First Doctor story. It's going to take a little getting used to a new Doctor, but then I suppose even that won't last long since there's so few of his stories surviving lol
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 12 April 2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Turn Left, Planet Of The Ood, Partners In Crime (love Donna Noble)
            sigpic

Comment

Just watched The Eleventh Hour again, because my dad's missed both episodes of the new series so far

Comment

Well, since this thread went AWOL, I have done quite a bit of Who watching!

4.02 "The Tenth Planet"
                Parts 1-3
                Part 4 Reconstruction from the internet (with more surviving footage than is on Lost in Time)

Lost in Time
                4.05 "The Underwater Menace" Part 3
                4.06 "The Moonbase" Part 1 (audio), Part 2, Part 3 (audio), Part 4
                4.08 "The Faceless Ones" Parts 1, 3
                4.09 "The Evil of the Daleks" Part 2

5.01 "The Tomb of the Cybermen"

Lost in Time
                5.02 "The Abominable Snowmen" Part 2

5.03 "The Ice Warriors"
                Part 1
                Part 2-3 Reconstuction
                Parts 4-6

Lost in Time
                5.04 "The Enemy of the World" Part 3
                5.05 "The Web of Fear" Part 1
                5.07 "The Wheel in Space" Parts 3, 6

6.01 "The Dominators"

Comment

The Eleventh Hour in HD
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yesterday...

6.02 "The Mind Robber"
                    I'm a little unclear, did this actually happen? Or was it someone's hallucination?

Today...

6.03 "The Invasion"
                    Woohoo, more Cybermen! I really love the Mondas origin story, it's so much cooler than the Cybus origin story IMO. This is also the formal introduction of UNIT! I quite liked the animated episodes though. Very novel way to work with an existing soundtrack, and a very unique style of animation. Fantastic.

Comment

Last watched and screencapped The Sontaran Stratagem.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

6.04 "The Krotons"
                        Wow that was pretty underwhelming.

Comment

6.05 "The Seeds of Death"
                          Could've been a decent enough story, except that I can't bloody stand the Ice Warriors. The costumes are terrible, the way they walk is absurd, and their voices are so far beyond annoying that there's no words in the English language to describe it. Nice to see Jamie and Zoe being so independent and useful though. I'm going to miss them after the leave (soon )

Also: Why does the Doctor suddenly have epic sideburns in Part 5 lol

Lost in Time
                          6.06 "The Space Pirates" Part 2
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 23 April 2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

6.07 "The War Games"
                            Great story. Very, very sad to see Jamie and Zoe leave like that And very sad to see the end of Patrick Troughton. It's a shame so many of his stories were lost, he was a fantastic Doctor.

31.04 "The Time of Angels"
                            Holy crap. Best episode of this series so far

Comment

7.01 "Spearhead from Space"
                              Colour! Oh my eyes, they burn!!

While I'm sad to see Patrick Troughton go, I'm reasonably satisfied with Jon Pertwee so far. His regeneration recuperation really made me laugh, and quite reminded me of Ten's. Likewise the snatching clothing from the staff dressing room at the hospital was much like Eleven choosing a style (or perhaps those should be the other way around). And I absolutely howled at the attempted escape in the wheelchair.

Nice to see the Brigadier is back too. I understand he'll be around for a while yet, which is fun. Can someone explain to me why it is British officers always seem to be carrying around a rod? I never quite understood that.

Don't like Liz Shaw one bit though. After such nice, warm female companions (Barbara, Vicki, and Zoe in particular), Liz Shaw seems like a real frigid witch. And "witch" wasn't quite the word I had in mind there

Not sure I'm totally sold on the whole 'exiled to Earth' angle yet either. Though I think the idea of being exiled to Earth by the Time Lords is pretty neat conceptually, the idea of every single story until what, "The Three Doctors"? being set on Earth doesn't appeal to me much. I tend to like off-world stories a lot more. And UNIT (so far) strikes me as a kind of ineffectual precursor to Torchwood lol. Though I suppose, by modern Who retcon, Torchwood actually predates UNIT.

That said though, introducing the Nestene Consciousness and the Autons is a pretty fun wait to start things off

Comment

7.02 "The Silurians"
                                ZZZzzzZZzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzzzzzzz............
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 25 April 2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X