This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
    I think that having the Icarus base on the Moon is a very good idea i mean it would make sense, the only problem i can see is that civillians may see the base or they might see some sort of activity.
    Saying that they never saw or heard Atalntis land in the River.
    I am going to have to disagree about the good idea. Having a base on the moon when it is so close to earth is like having two restaurants from the same chain on the one street. Its just unnecessary.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called
    sigpic

Comment

Europa. No, that would be just too cool for TPTB.
      sigpic

Comment

My instincts say no. The whole scenario of SGU is that the Icarus Base gets attacked and the team flees and they arrive on the Destiny by accident. So that in mind that raises to very big continuity problems. Why didn't the 304s in orbit help to fight the aliens attacking on the moon base and where would the SGU team orginally evacuate too. No its makes more sense for the Icarus base to be offworld.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          My instincts say no. The whole scenario of SGU is that the Icarus Base gets attacked and the team flees and they arrive on the Destiny by accident. So that in mind that raises to very big continuity problems. Why didn't the 304s in orbit help to fight the aliens attacking on the moon base and where would the SGU team orginally evacuate too. No its makes more sense for the Icarus base to be offworld.
          but it could still be A moon base, just not on our moon
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
            but it could still be A moon base, just not on our moon
            Well now we are just getting into sematics but true. A moon base in another solar system would still seem logical. That provided the moon has an atomsphere but we have seen that before.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Well now we are just getting into sematics but true. A moon base in another solar system would still seem logical. That provided the moon has an atomsphere but we have seen that before.
              its no different from a base on another planet (provided the moon had an atmosphere) i mean moons can be earth size
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

grrrr awful wit episode names and while describing the episode is so much more effort im just to lazy to go look it up . anyway they already have a moon base . its the episode where the small glowing globe thingy's attacked a base off world(off moon?) because some scientists captured one of there own . the blonde snottie rookie was in it. soooo anyway point being is a moon base isn that un common . we seem to make quite a few moon trips is stargate

Comment

Yeh, we have seen a few episodes that involve missions to moons with a suitable atmosphere

Comment

Here's a novel idea...if you don't like a topic, don't post in the thread.

If people find it interesting, i'll survive, if they don't, it'll die.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Nadzer View Post
                      Yeh, we have seen a few episodes that involve missions to moons with a suitable atmosphere

Yup. Exactly.

People keep thinking the 'moon' in Icarus moon base means OUR/Earth's moon, but I don't think it does. I wonder where this base will be located . . . in what part of the galaxy, that is, because, yeah, its obviously on a 'moon'.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

maybe move the earth stargate to the moon base, i mean the mountain has been closed in the real world
                        In which case, the moon would be the new Stargate Command and much (or, at least, some) of the staff would be relocated there. Instead, we have a group of people who are in over their heads, which they shouldn't be if they were now part of the new SGC (which is basically would be no matter what you call it) as not only would there be qualified and seasoned SG teams (who weren't on active missions) around, but the staff wouldn't be completely replaced by new comers.

Comment

yes but it would be "awkward" having two gates at one PoO, ie "Water Gate", plus the difficulty of building a base on a atmosphere less body, i think it would be easier to pick a moon out there, with an atmosphere.
                          It seemed like they got the Midway station up pretty quickly, just to have it destroyed in as much time, but still constructed it in the vacuum of space.

On a side note, I think your sig is one of the best sigs on the forum. Gotta love Morena.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought Icarus Base would be on THE moon:
                            Icarus; Greek character famous for flying too close to the sun.
                            Icarus base logo; has a sun on it.
                            Ergo Icarus Base is somewhere rather nearer than average to a star (personally I think Mercury would be cool, but I doubt it...)
                            And as has been said; a gate on Earth and a gate on the moon would be a hassle, and we know Icarus base has a gate. That, and the fact it gets attacked, and we generally seem to know about any hostile ships in the vicinity of Earth and would defend it with quite some vigour...

But, none of that rules out the possibility of it being on something else's moon... Except a planet and a moon are exceedingly similar (from the ground they both look uncannily like Canadian forests ) so I wouldn't have thought anyone would bother making the distinction; for all we know the Alpha Site is on a moon. The only reason the distinction would be made, as far as I can see, would be if it was Earth's Moon.

Still, time will tell I guess.

Comment

Thats what I am thinking but I doubt an Attack on the moon would happen..Icarus Base is probably off world. And wouldn't that cause problems with Earth's gate??? The gate on the Super Hive caused problems so definitely no.
                              Last edited by spinny magee; 14 April 2009, 10:48 PM.
                              Tst

Comment

there is lots of moons around Jupiter and Saturn, and we don't know if the Icarus Base gate is active, like the Pegasus gate maybe its got a lock out and only works with one incoming address, or it only dials out to one address, Destiny. It would make for interesting storylines to have 3 gates in the close vicinity of Earth. Maybe the base has no power and they get there via Odysseys "secret mission".

Comment

Working...
                                X