The Man Behind the Curtain (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    Could that be Christian Sheppard - Jack's dad?
    uh, no. he's dead. he died in australia. the island didn't bring him back to life in some twisted time-travelling circumstance where he has been a leader for longer than his dead body has been lost on the island.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
      uh, no. he's dead. he died in australia. the island didn't bring him back to life in some twisted time-travelling circumstance where he has been a leader for longer than his dead body has been lost on the island.
      But when Jack found the coffin, it was empty, and in season 1 he saw his father standing in the distance.

Maybe Christian was never dead. Remember those spider things that bit Paula and Nikki? Could have been a way to get him to the island and have everyone "think" he was dead.

Maybe I'm thinking too much now. *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
        But when Jack found the coffin, it was empty, and in season 1 he saw his father standing in the distance.

Maybe Christian was never dead. Remember those spider things that bit Paula and Nikki? Could have been a way to get him to the island and have everyone "think" he was dead.

Maybe I'm thinking too much now. *LOL*
        the coffin was empty because it fell from a plane. who knows if we'll ever find the body.
        jacks dad appearing on the beach was the blacksmoke monster thingy - like Yemi appearing to Eko.

Comment

Definitely an episode full of info. I can't wait to see how things continue to unfold leading up to the season finale.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How many episodes left this season? Two?

Comment

I am in awe that the screencap shows someone in the chair - I saw nothing! - I thought I was special

Anywho, Jacob seems to be clothed like the (American speaking, accented, looking (- I guess after a few years they begin to take on some traits)) native hostiles, so like Richard, who doesn't seem to age, he too must be a native -

Indeed, it does look like only 2 episodes left - however I thought one of them was 2 hours?

Also, according to Wiki
              Spoiler:

- "According to executive producer Carlton Cuse the season finale will feature a showdown between Jack and Locke. (with citation!)"

So "Jacob" must heal John?

And also whats cool is: the hostiles "taking over" has only been quite recent (assuming Ben hasn't been given the gift of youth - by the Hostiles/Jacob/Dharama Experiment)(or maybe Ben was supposed look like he's in his mid 20's? xD )
              - Ben probabily killed Roger for the same reason as Locke - he has no real idea about the Island but wants to know?
              Last edited by jazz!; 10 May 2007, 09:07 AM.
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Two episodes technically, but the second one's two hours. And a Jack flashback, which if it sucks, will seriously piss me off, since Jack's had more flashbacks that ANYONE!

This has the potential of being either a spectacular episode, or the one that makes me stop watching the show religiously. If Locke is dead, I will stop watching. Period. Locke is the driving force for uncovering the Island's mysteries and if that's taken away, what's the point? Unless someone else takes up the mantle (Eko could have, if he hadn't died) very little will be discovered, which is something that's frustrated me to no end this season. Although I am invested in the characters and what happens to them, there has been kind of a disconnect this season from the folks on the beach, with very little happening with them at all. I might stop watching the show if Locke lives and the action continues to be off of the folks on the beach.

Anyway, I am excited about what this episode could mean, should the powers that be choose to answer the questions raised in it.

I usually give ratings on episodes, but I'm honestly far too conflicted on this one...
                Spoiler:
                Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

WOW. Story packed episode and a lot of questions answered. You can see why Ben is such a calm-faced maniac after that traumatic upbringing although I really didn't see him shooting John coming.

Will Locke return then? I think if he's just left there, the wound would normally take a very long time to kill someone. I think that due to that, Locke will actually heal, given his connection to the island. Well, someone's confrimed it anyway now, so on to next week!

Comment

what i think

i think that spring jack found...it's the fountain of youth. the island revives, revitalizes and heals you...but to fully enjoy it you have to stay on the island. you leave, it stops working.

and you also can't reproduce.

thus you can be

healed and live forever...but never have children

come, be healed, leave, be unhealed but live 'naturally'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

there are 3 eps left

a one hour next week, whose name escapes me
                      a two hour finale airing the 23rd called
                      Spoiler:
                      'through the looking glass'

then, the rumors i heard was that lost has been renewed for 3 more 16 episode seasons, then it's over

but i don't have a source for that, just a rumor i heard

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        there are 3 eps left

a one hour next week, whose name escapes me
                        a two hour finale airing the 23rd called
                        Spoiler:
                        'through the looking glass'

then, the rumors i heard was that lost has been renewed for 3 more 16 episode seasons, then it's over

but i don't have a source for that, just a rumor i heard
                        Here you go:
                        http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=41410

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          what i think

i think that spring jack found...it's the fountain of youth. the island revives, revitalizes and heals you...but to fully enjoy it you have to stay on the island. you leave, it stops working.

and you also can't reproduce.

thus you can be

healed and live forever...but never have children

come, be healed, leave, be unhealed but live 'naturally'
                          interesting idea...

sounds like

Comment

woah.. that episode made my head hurt with all the crazy info.
                            The Volcano has to do with something, the producers dont put things in there for no reason with out it having a meaning behind it. I think the sand has something to do with the black smoke. I think there was a part between when we saw Ben first meet Richard in the Jungle when he was younger and the time when they killed everyone. I think he met Jacob at one point. But why would Richard and his "people" kill everyone and then make Ben thier leader??
                            That whole cabin thing with Jacob was shocking, I saw the dude on the chair, man Ben did not look good when he came out of the cabin and was like that was Jacob.
                            um I wanna know about Kelvin. was Kelvin part of the "real" Dharma that Ben was a part of and since he was down in the Hatch he didnt die from the Purge???
                            I think Richard and his band of non aging people are either Black rock desendents or have to do with the 4 toed statue. I believe that Richard is one of the originial inhabitants cause everyone else aged normally, Ben, Alex, Aarron, they didnt all grow up so fast.
                            So if "Richards gang" coudlnt have children, and Alex is Frenchies daughter where did Karl come from cause he is young too.
                            Man... so many questions, and I HATE Kate, and LOVE Sayid and Sawyer... I wanted them to go back to the beach to catch up on what Jack had to say.. oh well.. I dont know if Locke is really dead, I think Jacob will heal him or whatever he does.

Anyways too much thinking, and i have work to do,

Katie

Comment

yeah, what if you leave the island you're 'unyouthed' and un healed

it's like time stops on the island, but once you leave it, you catch back up to it...or it catches up with you

sigpic

Comment

Sense we've come to the conclusion that the island is the Fountain of Youth, and that children can't be born here, here's the question I'm left with, if Sun leaves, will she be able to conceive?
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X