No announcement yet.

Night Terrors (3209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was... Weird. Didn't get to actually watch about half, but what did see was... Weird. And slightly creepy... Definitely scared my little brother!

I do like stand-alone episodes though. I think they're much better for this show than story arcs.

Seems like there was something else I was gonna say... I'll probably remember later. I'm gonna have to watch it again anyway.

Comment

Now that was more like the Who I remember as a kid - scaring the crap out of me on a weekly basis

Comment

On the whole, I found the episode sort of... meh.

Ah, well, I suppose it had to happen eventually, seeing as how my "enjoying-streak" lasted for... what, fourteen episodes in a row? Anyway.

The plot felt too broken up (we're on the TARDIS! wondering about a hotel! in a lift! in a flat! in a doll-house! back at the flat! in the cupboard! return of the flat! and... back to the TARDIS again?), and it didn't have much closure, I think. And... I didn't find it scary. Or even creepy, for that matter. Then again, The Empty Child didn't scare me either. I must be insane.

There were some gold moments, though: namely anything that didn't deal directly with the plot. The doctor was his usual random, brilliant self: tea, Jammy-Dodgers, the cute little bit with George, and of course the sonic which doesn't do wood.

Best part, by far, belonged to Rory. I literally burst out laughing when he immediately came to the conclusion that he'd "died again". Poor Rory. Although, he seemed a little OOC in this ep... more like the Rory of last season than Rory the Roman, if you understand me. Maybe he has a closet fear of dollhouses.

So, on the whole, a rating of Meh: 6/10

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
          Now, at the end, did the Doctor say: "Good to be back together again, in the flesh"
          (and if so, is that pertinent or just one of those phrases?)
          I read somewhere that this episode was originally supposed to be in the first half of the season. So maybe it was supposed to be a bit of foreshadowing. It would also explain why no references to Melody/River after what's just happened.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Anyone else actually enjoy that Rory didnt actually die this episode, but Amy did?

It's like the Christmas special of South Park.

Comment

Were my eyes playing tricks on me, or did I see the raincoat Daniel Mays wore in Ashes To Ashes hanging up behind a door in the flat?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Were my eyes playing tricks on me, or did I see the raincoat Daniel Mays wore in Ashes To Ashes hanging up behind a door in the flat?
                I didn't see that, but I couldn't get Ashes to Ashes out of my head ....

This ep has me torn.

On the one hand, creepiest villains ever. Seriously. For the first time Doctor Who has actually left me with a slight chill down my spine.

On the other hand, there was a lot of crap. The old woman, the way she got pulled into the rubbish bins. Why would a little boy in this day and age have a WOODEN dolls house. What will happen to George as he grows up? As has been previously mentioned, it was a very disjointed episode.

There was a very sweet ending with George and his dad, but, still....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

loved the episode... gets very scary if you watch it at 1am and you hear a noise coming from the kitchen while watching it...and the song at the end...tick tock goes the clock, even for the doctor... brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Lant3an View Post
                    loved the episode... gets very scary if you watch it at 1am and you hear a noise coming from the kitchen while watching it...and the song at the end...tick tock goes the clock, even for the doctor... brilliant
                    This proves again something Iv'e known for a while and delighted in proving to people in my class when I was at school: singing a nursery rhyme or something with a similar rhythm in a child-like voice and manner is creepy as hell.

I used to terrify my classmates at school with it, even my drama teacher It was hilarious.
                    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lant3an View Post
                      I forgot to mention the rhyme at the end in my last post. Yeah, that was incredibly clever, a wee bit creepy, and a nice bit of foreboding for what is in store for the Doctor.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        Why would a little boy in this day and age have a WOODEN dolls house.
                        Passed down through the family? It was wood.. not plastic so it could have belonged to his grandparents or great-grandparents..

Comment

I loved this ep. Was nice to see Amy turned into a wooden doll. (not a big Amy fan)
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

1) they still make wooden doll houses, even today. True, they're not the easiest ones to find, but they're still fairly populous.

2) The Doctor explained what would happen to the kid as he grew up. Puberty would be interesting, but it would become whatever his parents wanted from him.

Comment

My eldest niece (now 18) had a wooden dollhouse when she was wee. Hand made by a friend of my dad IIRC.

I kind of assumed that George's dollhouse had belonged to his mum.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I thought this was a fun and creepy episode, took me back a few seasons to when DW was less of a "story arc" mode
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X