Replicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    IIRC she wasn't the initial MAKER of the replicators.. THey were from elsewhere and someone (an ancient) who knew how to make them, created her as an experiment on whether the replicators could be done safely..
    The replicators were made by Reese. Whether she was the true inventor, or merely used technology already present is unknown.

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
    If they didn't get off the planet, and that's where the Asgard found them why didn't they also discover Reese?
    Probably the Asgard were still busy researching the replicators, and got overrun before they had covered the entire planet.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      The replicators were made by Reese. Whether she was the true inventor, or merely used technology already present is unknown.

Probably the Asgard were still busy researching the replicators, and got overrun before they had covered the entire planet.
      According to the wiki Reese DID invent the replicators, though it don't elaborate on anything else.

Comment

According to the wiki Reese DID invent the replicators, though it don't elaborate on anything else.
        But what knowledge do we have that this is true? We saw Reese build these things, but that doesn't mean she necessarily invented them.

Comment

Exactly... Perhaps the ancient who initially created the replicators, built her as a 'hive mother' to build new ones, in a hope SHE could contain them..

Comment

Exactly... Perhaps the ancient who initially created the replicators, built her as a 'hive mother' to build new ones, in a hope SHE could contain them..
            That's highly unlikely. The planet Reese came from had none of the telltale evidence that it was a civilization developed by the Ancients. Besides if an ancient built Reese, it's doubtful that/she would have had the "mind" of a child. If y'all recall the planet in Tin Man the whole planet was on the verge of collapse so they went underground and built machine copies of themselves. That being said, it's likely than an advanced civilization existed and the guy that made Reese might've had a wife and child that died for whatever reason and made Reese because he was lonely. Perhaps being distraught and possibly careless made some programming errors in her. Leaving her with the ability to manipulate matter, and having an adolescent mentality and the inability to understand the consequence of her "toys" which destroyed her world.

Comment

So upon rewatching Nemesis I remember Thor saying that the Asgard discovered the replicators in their home galaxy. This implies that somehow they managed to get off the planet Reese was from and get to the Ida galaxy, but how?

Comment

I think it's more likely that Reese simply applied knowledge that she possessed to create companions. As if today we'd build a robot that then creates chatbots or drones.

So upon rewatching Nemesis I remember Thor saying that the Asgard discovered the replicators in their home galaxy. This implies that somehow they managed to get off the planet Reese was from and get to the Ida galaxy, but how?
                Judging from how perfectly the planet from "Menace" matches the description from "Nemesis", i'd say it was retconned.
                Last edited by thekillman; 04 December 2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I still find it highly unlikely that an ancient created the MW replicators. For starters, what purpose would an ancient have to make them. There were no advanced races of enemies that required a weapon to fight off. The technology of the ancients was far superior to anything the races of the MW galaxy had, i.e. the goa'uld, etc. Secondly, the replicators that WERE created by the ancients to fight the wraith had a directive that prevented them from attacking their creators. There were no survivors on Reese's planet, not even her creator. If he was an ancient, then the replicators should've been incapable of harming him. I would surmise that Thor may have mistaken when he said that the replicators were found in their home galaxy. Either that, or a rogue Asgard such as, for example, Loki may have been in the MW doing unauthorized research on humans found Reese's took some replicators blocks with him on the way back home. He was studying them when he found a way to activate them, they took over his ship after he'd passed back into the Ida galaxy, and assimilated the knowledge of the databanks. Boom, the replicators became the scourge of the Asgard.

Comment

Maybe he made it as a test to see if they could correct what went wrong with the Asurans..?

Comment

Maybe he made it as a test to see if they could correct what went wrong with the Asurans..?
                      That's highly unlikely

Comment

Besides why would an ancient need to perfect the replicators? The only reason they didn't become the weapon the ancients intended was the wraith used a virus to turn off their attack directive. Let's not forget the the nanovirus that killed members of the Atlantis expedition. Presumably created by the Asurans as a means to fight the wraith, kill off their food supply. We certainly know they're capable of that.

Comment

Has anyone here considered the idea that there is an alternate reality in which the Asgard don't run into the replicators, and can effectively defend the MW galaxy from the goa'uld. Perhaps even eliminated them entirely? With the exception of Anubis of course, who is 1/2 ascended, but if the goa'uld were defeated then maybe that means they eliminated him before he was ascended.

Comment

I've been dying to ask this for ages so how is it that there are bug shaped replicators in the Pegasus galaxy that are just like bug replicators in our galaxy?

Did they cross over somehow?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

In which ep of atlantis did you see bug shapped replicators?

Comment

In which ep of atlantis did you see bug shapped replicators?

I thought they were... I haven't watched all of Atlantis so don't know but I just wondered if they were the same species as the Milky Way replicators, at least that is what I had thought.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X