Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

My favourite suggestion so far (language warning)
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Castle Trek?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          That would be hilarious.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CONQlkU7gV8
            Virtual Green for posting this, since I can't green you again yet. I was thinking about finding this and posting this so I'm glad someone did.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
              Virtual Green for posting this, since I can't green you again yet. I was thinking about finding this and posting this so I'm glad someone did.
              I have to say, I saw the full announcement online too and it keeps making me tear up whenever I see it.

I started watching TNG with my dad and my brother when I was very young. I must have been at most two or three. So I've always had a connection to Star Trek and Picard in particular. When my dad passed away I was about 9 years old and I think like a lot of people in that situation I found a lot of comfort in a ton of different sci-fi, but it was Star Trek and Picard especially that helped me through those times. So just thinking of seeing a show where we see an older Picard but still with the same morals and same drive to do good makes me feel far more emotional than I would have thought it would.

Comment

My virtual green knows no bounds

Seriously though, it just answers my own question about the setting, and I can get a bit bulldog-ish about things, and it's nice to share.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  I have to say, I saw the full announcement online too and it keeps making me tear up whenever I see it.

I started watching TNG with my dad and my brother when I was very young. I must have been at most two or three. So I've always had a connection to Star Trek and Picard in particular. When my dad passed away I was about 9 years old and I think like a lot of people in that situation I found a lot of comfort in a ton of different sci-fi, but it was Star Trek and Picard especially that helped me through those times. So just thinking of seeing a show where we see an older Picard but still with the same morals and same drive to do good makes me feel far more emotional than I would have thought it would.

It's no surprise that Picard can be a surrogate father figure.
                  sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite bits:
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

WOW!!!!! Loving this thread.

I still refuse to pay for CBS All Access on principle. If you pay for it you'll only encourage more of the same from every network and TV franchise you can imagine. This is SUPER tough. Before this announcement I felt that it would be a tough call if they ever brought back Picard, or better still Picard and Data. I still just can't see myself giving in. As it is I am paying for so many different services and this is not how I want things to continue. I truly believe we should all pay for the channels we want to see without having to give in to whatever Cable TV wants us to pay to watch, but this doesn't seem like a feasible way with these monthly subscription prices.

Having said this we all know Looney's righteous attitude will crumble if anything like this happens with Babylon 5.

SO I don't think I saw anyone put this out there yet, but I think we all know there is a clear path for Data's return. What about other cast members?

I definitely want to see future Wesley Crusher. That may not be a popular wish, but I've been watching TNG in order for the first time, having only seen episodes here and there in the past. As far as the actual material in the show goes I just don't see why Wesley received so much ill will. Definitely an annoying part of the show at times, but overall I never felt like, "This character is terrible and I wish he wasn't on the show." Is it all just from the politics of the show when it was originally on? For the sake of clarity I am about to finish Season Four, so Wesley has already departed for Star Fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

I still refuse to pay for CBS All Access on principle. If you pay for it you'll only encourage more of the same from every network and TV franchise you can imagine. This is SUPER tough. Before this announcement I felt that it would be a tough call if they ever brought back Picard, or better still Picard and Data. I still just can't see myself giving in. As it is I am paying for so many different services and this is not how I want things to continue. I truly believe we should all pay for the channels we want to see without having to give in to whatever Cable TV wants us to pay to watch, but this doesn't seem like a feasible way with these monthly subscription prices.

Having said this we all know Looney's righteous attitude will crumble if anything like this happens with Babylon 5.

SO I don't think I saw anyone put this out there yet, but I think we all know there is a clear path for Data's return. What about other cast members?

I definitely want to see future Wesley Crusher. That may not be a popular wish, but I've been watching TNG in order for the first time, having only seen episodes here and there in the past. As far as the actual material in the show goes I just don't see why Wesley received so much ill will. Definitely an annoying part of the show at times, but overall I never felt like, "This character is terrible and I wish he wasn't on the show." Is it all just from the politics of the show when it was originally on? For the sake of clarity I am about to finish Season Four, so Wesley has already departed for Star Fleet.
                        I'd probably feel the same if Access was a thing over here... Fortunately all this stuff will likely just show up on Netflix.

Also don't jump on the bandwagon for Babylon 5. Cos I'm not confident that they'd be able to re-start that franchise well at all.

I never minded Wesley either but I don't really see much opportunity for him to grow more as a character. But I agree it'd be a great opportunity to introduce a ton of other past characters and catch up with them.

I'd love a show which features the Federation's first intergalactic expedition. Not just one ship but a fleet of explorers and cruisers and transports and colony ships. Using some Borg Transwarp to push themselves out to another Galaxy and try to establish a new civilisation made up of many different Federation races.

Comment

Since this is the Picard Thread, The Picard Song:

I also happened to find this video: Captain Picard's best inspirational speeches
                          Last edited by planet_tv; 06 August 2018, 10:27 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

I don't like the idea either, and that's why I haven't seen Discovery; I won't pay for a single channel like this. I don't mind an amalgamator like Netflix, but buying each channel is too expensive.

But I think that's the way the industry is going to go over the long haul. =(

Comment

Since this is the Picard Thread, The Picard Song:

I also happened to find this video: Captain Picard's best inspirational speeches
                              Oh my god, I haven't seen that in years!

Comment

full announcement by Patrick:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X