No announcement yet.

Point of No Return (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it dosen't look like he will be in the 200th episode anymore.
    sigpic

Comment

^Why do you say that, have I missed something out!!??
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Did you see the obrien show? the preview had zombies in it and martin was no where to be seen.
        sigpic

Comment

I like the episode but it's not one I would want to watch many times... Except for Teal'C on the vibrating bed ans asking Jack for more quarters lol!!! That was so funny!!!

My boyfriend swear he have seen the Stargate movie poster in Marty's home, anyone else seen it???

Comment

It was Jack humming. The soundtrack on THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, was one of the first to use a Moog Synthesizer, giving the movie a very unearthly feel. So it was quite distinct. As someone else learned from the commentary, they couldn't use the actual soundtrack itself, so Jack was humming....It was very funny.

Also, like everyone else, I loved "Murray" enjoying the 25 cent massage beds.

Comment

Another great episode. They just keep getting better and better. Loved the analogies Jack did . Loved the "i'm confident attitude"

Comment

I didn't like martin in any of the other episodes he did, however in this particular episode he is quite entertaining. I didn't care for the premise of this episode, but it was the little facial expressions and quotes that made it worth while.

The best line had to be when they were dragging him through the forest and he says something like "cool van, what would you call that color kinda a grayish green huh".
                sigpic

Comment

Now I'll see General Hammond in a new light now that Don S. Davis is dead...

Anyways... memorable things in this episode:

Teal'c on the vibrating bed

"Magnets."

Seeing Matthew Bennett as Ted
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    Now I'll see General Hammond in a new light now that Don S. Davis is dead...

Anyways... memorable things in this episode:

Teal'c on the vibrating bed

"Magnets."

Seeing Matthew Bennett as Ted
                    Ya It was cool to see Matthew Bennett, this was like 4 years before Battlestar Gallactica aired.

My memorable moments include: Martin in the bathroom or when Teal'c tells martin about the Goa'uld and Martin says "Murray" in this fun way.
                    sigpic

Comment

lots of funny moments again. the looong list of conspiracies. magnets! teal'c and the bed. murray.

Comment

I'd like to imagine Martin's appearances on Sex and the City were part of his cover story.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...no-return.html
                        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

murray is just the most ridiculous name for teal'c yet it somehow works lmao great episode, they should of tried to become allies with earth against the gou'ld

Comment

Great episode, I love how Martin befriended "Murray" so quickly despite apparently trying to fight him earlier on.

I just saw the ep for the second time, I have to say, I can see both points of view on people liking and disliking Murray. The first time I saw it I thought he was hilarious, the second time I saw him, I thought his voice was so annoying. He gives so much misinformation that it is a wonder they took him seriously, but he had enough for believability.

And yes, I remember him on Groundhog Day as the insurance salesman, he was so annoying in that but in a hilarious way. "Am I right or am I right? Or am I right??" Anyways, I think he serves his purpose in the show, writing and acting wise, not everyone will like his character. I can say that though I thought he was annoying at times, the episode would not hold up without him.

And another person posted this along time ago, but I agree with them that Martin's house is awesome. It was one of the first things I remembered about this episode before watching it again, though it is only about a 15 second shot of his spaced out living room. I am wondering if that is a real living room of someone's they found, as that would have cost a lot to buy the like 1,000 little items packed in there.

Teal'c was hilarious throughout, and also as a Chef. I also liked that part with the note in the resturaunt, he is about to leave and suddenly he gets a check that says, "stall him!" so they go look for his spaceship.

Martin looks and acts nothing like his fellow aliens, I always wondered why he was so different from them, they are all tall in suits and look alike, they could practically be 4 brothers. Martin doesn't seem to 'match' them, and they never explain why or if there is a reason, but that's allright. Good episode.

Comment

Teal'c on the massaging bed is hilarious. I really like Martin. It was good to see him back in 200.
                              Some say that he has only one ear.
                              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                              All we know is he's called
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                                Teal'c on the massaging bed is hilarious.
                                Mallozzi & Mullie really should have included that gag in "Nightwalkers". They wrote that one and this one.
                                sigpic
                                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                                X