Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    ^she teetering on the edge with Kate when she was trying to get info out of her about Ashley. "Get used to sitting more." Rather chilling.
    I think that's perhaps the closest we've seen her to losing it, seeing Helen get so cold and hard and just barely reining in her anger. But I'd like to see her get pushed beyond that, in a way kinda paralleling what happened to Kali where she started out as calm, mysterious, and under control until provoked to the point she unleashed her fury on the world.

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
    Hello there!

I've seen most of you guys around other threads, but to anyone I haven't 'met' - *waves*.

Hope you guys don't mind if I chip in my two-cents' worth.

I agree. It was chilling but interesting to see Helen pushed closer to the edge that way. Her stone cold expression and indifference to her rash actions shows just how angry she was. Given episodes like "Pavor", it clear that TPTB are not afraid to take risks; I think it would be interesting to see what pushes Helen to such a point as well as how she deals with it. I think it would give Helen's character a great deal of depth and intrigue. Abnormal or not, she has very human emotions and from what we've seen she feels them very deeply; there's just no way anyone can maintain the facade that she does and keep all of those emotions in all of the time.
    Hey there! Chip away.

I think that's exactly it. Helen's ultimately very human and the events of the past 2 seasons have probably pushed her emotionally farther than she's been in a long time, dealing with Druitt, losing her father again, losing Watson, Ashley, etc. If anything could break through her facade I think the cumulative effect of all of that could, and an out of control Helen would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      I think that's exactly it. Helen's ultimately very human and the events of the past 2 seasons have probably pushed her emotionally farther than she's been in a long time, dealing with Druitt, losing her father again, losing Watson, Ashley, etc. If anything could break through her facade I think the cumulative effect of all of that could, and an out of control Helen would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.
      And we just might get to see this;
      Kali
      Spoiler:
      Helen was more than a bit pissed off at Wexford at the end of Kali.

I loved that scene with Kate and the following one with Will. "You know, you might want to spend a little less time with Jack the Ripper? It's affecting your manners somewhat."
      sigpic

Comment

Here's a random/fun question .... With which of the Beatles do you think Helen watched the sunrise?

I'm thinking Lennon...

Comment

I think John, too xD

OT: Pliiiz vote for Amanda, you can vote every 20 minutes, she has to be in the 3 first! xD ...she's almost 4th it's possible!
          Please, vote here

Comment

*waves* Wow, I'm a bit surprised that this thread is so small! AT is stunningly gorgeous! And Helen Magnus is seriously the coolest character: she's super smart, beautiful, witty, dangerous.... lol, I could go on forever....

Comment

Originally posted by truffles View Post
              *waves* Wow, I'm a bit surprised that this thread is so small! AT is stunningly gorgeous! And Helen Magnus is seriously the coolest character: she's super smart, beautiful, witty, dangerous.... lol, I could go on forever....
              hehe lol couldnt we all go on forever with the list? yea im suprised as well.
              sigpic
              My tumblr

Comment

This thread is likely small because there is already an established AT picture thread.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                  This thread is likely small because there is already an established AT picture thread.
                  That's true. But people could go back & forth. I would.
                  sigpic
                  My tumblr

Comment

Wuah back in here after some time off of Gateworld! Soooooo...

I freaking love HELEN! And Amanda! And I can't wait to see her at AT5

This thread deserve more attention

Helen rocks!!
                    sigpic

Comment

At the Syfy Channel Upfront in March, I chatted up Sanctuary star Amanda Tapping for a story about Season 3 that will appear on AOL’s TV Squad page in the near future. (FYI, Season 2 arrives on video on June 15, 2010.) I also managed to squeeze in a little bit about Stargate and her non-Sanctuary projects.

http://www.bryanreesman.com/blog/201...ves-the-stage/

Comment

that is so SWEET!!! Thanks for the info Kes
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla_Twin View Post
                          Wuah back in here after some time off of Gateworld! Soooooo...

I freaking love HELEN! And Amanda! And I can't wait to see her at AT5

This thread deserve more attention

Helen rocks!!
                          You are totally right hun HELEN ROCKS !
                          You have to come here and kidnapp me for AT5 ... I wanna gooooo

Sanctuary Rulez ! xD
                          The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                          sigpic

Comment

When you spoke about Helen, if we prefer her in season 1 or 2, I love both, but I don´t like her peruke in the first episodes :-(

I am totally in love with these pictures :

Picture 1 - Sleepers
                            Picture 2 - Sleepers

Those eyes ? Awh ..
                            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                              When you spoke about Helen, if we prefer her in season 1 or 2, I love both, but I don´t like her peruke in the first episodes :-(

I am totally in love with these pictures :

Picture 1 - Sleepers
                              Picture 2 - Sleepers

Those eyes ? Awh ..
                              I love the first one ... well, I love whole ep ... but that first pic is so ... well like you say awh
                              The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, Helen looked in this episode so ... AWH .. but this picture just shows that she is awesome in every way.
                                Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                                / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Working...
                                X