No announcement yet.

New Earth Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure I would want a less advanced race to build a ship. What if they messed up and no one caught it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
      I'm not sure I would want a less advanced race to build a ship. What if they messed up and no one caught it?
      Didn't seem to be a problem for the Goa'uld or Ori.

Comment

ya but we are not the goa'uld or ori

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
          Didn't seem to be a problem for the Goa'uld or Ori.
          I can't remember the name of the race off the top of my head, but wasn't there a race who were more advanced then us, had given technology to a lower race and then had that race destroy itself and their homeworld? pretty sure thats a good reason to not give less advanced races shiny toys.

Comment

that was the tollan

Comment

The ships i would want to have would be an ancient warship or an Ori cursor. The pwoer of a Ori ship can't be matched even by a Ancient warship... The Anciets do have better tech. but i think in a ship fight the Ori would win....

Comment

Originally posted by NoxDomini View Post
                I can't remember the name of the race off the top of my head, but wasn't there a race who were more advanced then us, had given technology to a lower race and then had that race destroy itself and their homeworld? pretty sure thats a good reason to not give less advanced races shiny toys.
                Tollan, Asgard and Ancient (ascended) all had examples of this.
                Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa Teal'c View Post
                  ya but we are not the goa'uld or ori
                  Really I hadn't noticed . The point is if the goauld and ori could do it with no problems why couldn't Earth?

About the Tollans, they actually gave the other race advanced tech, the goa'uld and ori just get primitive civilisations to build their tech with them overseeing it.

Comment

I found this picture of the new F-305:

Spoiler:
                    Honest!

Looks awesome doesn't it

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                      Really I hadn't noticed . The point is if the goauld and ori could do it with no problems why couldn't Earth?

About the Tollans, they actually gave the other race advanced tech, the goa'uld and ori just get primitive civilisations to build their tech with them overseeing it.
                      I think what he meant was that the Goa'uld and the Ori forced humans into slavery which is not a nice thing to do and certainly not a path Earth should follow. On the other hand creating factories on other planets with the approval of the locals and paying them for their jobs is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post

Spoiler:
                        Honest!

Looks awesome doesn't it

ya it does

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post

Spoiler:
                          Honest!

Looks awesome doesn't it

Comment

would of been more funny if you said bc-305 lol
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                              would of been more funny if you said bc-305 lol
                              I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                                I think what he meant was that the Goa'uld and the Ori forced humans into slavery which is not a nice thing to do and certainly not a path Earth should follow. On the other hand creating factories on other planets with the approval of the locals and paying them for their jobs is ok.
                                Maybe but that isn't what my post before his was referring to, I responded to another post by Jeffala saying 'I'm not sure I would want a less advanced race to build a ship. What if they messed up and no one caught it?'. What I said was the goa'uld nor ori had a problem with the primitive workers messing up. In any case Earth could likely do alot of trading for other civilisations to build the ships for them take years to train them how though.

Comment

Working...
                                X