Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blog/Twitter: Jewel Staite (Dr. Keller, SGA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...it seems Jewel has restricted her blog to only her friends on MySpace.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      That is very smart of her.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Oh well, you know, Jewel and I go WAY back...way, way back!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I've had no problem accessing her mySpace. It might be a matter that you need to have a MySpace account in order to access hers. I don't think she's blocking anyone considering she's got 25835 friends
          Last edited by prion; 27 January 2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I just tried and I managed to get in.

How very strange.

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update Feb 17 '08:

From Jewel Staite's blog update for February 17, 2008:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=358807463

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Spring

**snippage**

I thought I'd better write again before things got a little hectic, which, judging by the first few scripts I've read of Atlantis: season 5, is pretty darn imminent. I guess the cat's been let out of the bag, so yes, I can confirm that I've signed on to the show as a regular cast member, meaning majority of episodes, meaning almost twice as many breakfast sandwiches (!!). I'm thrilled, of course, for other reasons as well; it's a wonderful group to be around, even if they're teasing you incessantly for being the "newbie"…but now that we have, er, new newbies, maybe the teasing will relent? Or at least move to a different outlet? Anyway, so far so good on the character-building front, even if prosthetics are included far too soon for my taste. Can't say much more than that on the subject, as well as others (I am also kept in the dark on whether it'll be Ronan or McKay fathering Jen's babies, so there's really no point in asking me these things) but stay tuned for more hints and surprises to come in the conclusion of season 4. That's it. That's all you get. I'm still new enough to get in trouble for spilling too many beans, so don't entice me. You know how I am with keeping secrets!

On to some questions I can answer:

**snippage**

Has anyone mentioned to Joe Flanigan that he has a striking resemblance to Disney's Aladdin? No, but thanks for the ammo.
              **snippage**

Who would I rather, George Clooney or Harrison Ford? I am a Clooney girl. Have been for a long time. And I am loyal to my Clooney.

**snippage**

My favorite New Kid? Joe, of course. What a question.

Is my hair color natural? My natural hair color hasn't seen the light of daybreak since I was about eleven years old and had to color it to match a "mom" in a TV movie I did. Honestly, I couldn't tell you what it is, but I've always felt sunnier as a blonde. And I realize that us blondes are the only people that would feel it was okay to use the word "sunnier" as a verb, but whatever. It's not a verb, is it? Damn.

**snippage**

Enjoy the sunshine!
              Last edited by morjana; 17 February 2008, 02:32 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update Feb 17 '08:

From Jewel Staite's blog update for February 17, 2008:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=358807463

Sunday, February 17, 2008

<>Can't say much more than that on the subject, as well as others (I am also kept in the dark on whether it'll be Ronan or McKay fathering Jen's babies, so there's really no point in asking me these things) but stay tuned for more hints and surprises to come in the conclusion of season 4. That's it. That's all you get. I'm still new enough to get in trouble for spilling too many beans, so don't entice me. You know how I am with keeping secrets!<>
                Hee, she has a sense of humour but I hope fans don't take that line any more seriously then it was intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Hee, she has a sense of humour but I hope fans don't take that line any more seriously then it was intended.
                  I hope it is as the last thing Atlantis needs is another pregnancy due to a actress becoming pregnant.

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update Mar 16 '08:

From Jewel Staite's MySpace blog update for March 16, 2008:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=367500751

Sunday, March 16, 2008

guess where I get to go?

I realize these blogs are getting few and far between lately, but work has begun, which is both a great thing and a very tiring thing. It’s all I can do to get the forkful of penne to my mouth region at the end of the day, let alone write something half-interesting. So I do apologize. But I have good news! Or at least good news if you live in the land of kangaroos!

Things have been a bit hectic lately, what with schedules changing and episodes being locked and un-locked, so it was becoming an unfortunate reality that I was going to have to cancel my appearance at the Supanova conventions in Australia at the end of the month. But, since this industry is maddeningly unpredictable (and luckily that sometimes works in my favor), I’m able to make the trip after all. So for all of you Aussies, or the rest of you with boatloads of airmiles you need to get rid of, I’ll be in Melbourne on March 29th and 30th, and Brisbane on April 5th and 6th. I adore what I’ve seen of Australia so far (Sydney’s the limit of it), so I’m really looking forward to this one. Stay tuned for pics from the trip.

(other appearances I should mention while I’m at it: Dallas Comic Con on October 25-26th, and… da da-da-DAAH! Dragon*Con, August 29th-Sept 1 in Atlanta! So you can now cease and desist from asking me if I’m going!)

I hate to rub things in, but I’m really excited about this, too, so I’m just going to say it: my husband and I are renewing our vows this April 25th in Maui on the same beach we were married on, with family and friends in attendance… I am apparently living under a rainbow with a leprechaun because I’m not in the episode shooting on our anniversary, so thank you Atlantis! Because it would have been really embarrassing for everyone if Matty were there renewing his vows by himself. Or hilarious. You choose.

While I’m at it with the good news, I should say that so far this season of Atlantis is proving to be one of the most exciting, in my opinion. I’m really happy with the way they’re going with my character, and one of the scripts I’ve read actually made me cry (!!) and not because I’m stuck in prosthetics once again! Seriously, I think (hope) Atlantis fans will be satisfied. However, it’s simply not the same without the Tappinator around; she’s definitely missed. (But I gotta say….Robert Picardo is kicking ass. He’s a master at the subtle nuance, totally hilarious, and besides that, he sings a good show tune, and you know how I feel about show tunes!)

Questions:

1. How is "Staite" pronounced? Just like the United. Nothing fancy. I’ve gotten everything from "State-y", "Steet", and "Stai-eee-tee". Like, really? Seriously? And while we’re at it, yes, Jewel Staite is my given name, written on my birth certificate. I realize it sounds like a stage name, stripper name, and a psychic’s name, but as I’ve mentioned before, my parents were and still are giant hippies. My middle name’s Belair. Kill me.

2. Was it hard kissing David Hewlett? We giggled a lot. But we have great chemistry, I think. I’m kinda digging this whole McKeller thing. No more elaborations. Oh, and when I make a baby-making joke, it’s a joke, ok? As if I’d give something like that away if it were true! Besides, there’s enough babies around the set right now, trust me. I’ll say it again: I bring my own water to work and do not touch whatever they’re drinking.

**snippage**

8. Someone asked me for the top five reasons to move to Vancouver. I’m always mystified when I have to sell Vancouver to someone, but I guess if you haven’t been here, you don’t know the half, so here goes: The first reason would be the environment itself, the mountains and the air and the clean water; second reason would be how laid back and friendly everybody is; third reason is the fresh seafood; fourth reason is the city is insanely beautiful; and the fifth reason is because it is simply the best place in Canada to live. (second choice being Montreal, in my opinion). I love, love, love this place, and I’m so blessed to be working in the place I love!

But… Australia works too… so SEE YA!

Love Jewel

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update Apr 7 '08:

From Jewel Staite's MySpace blog update for April 7, 2008:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ndID=147037658

Monday, April 07, 2008

sickly

So here I am at the airport in Hong Kong about to board the last flight on my trip home to Canada. I’m not going to be able to make this as long as I would like to, since there seems to be a guy hovering over me and wanting to use the computer... but I did want to extend my apologies for not appearing for the last couple of hours on Sunday at the Supanova convention in Brisbane, Australia. I had one of those sleeps the night before where you wake up every other hour with extreme nausea, and by the morning, I was literally sick every other hour. I’m thinking it was a bug, and not food poisoning, since my friend’s starting to feel nauseus now (oops), but whatever it was, by three o’clock that afternoon I was buckled. Nothing like signing autographs and running to the nearest bathroom every half hour! And my extended apologies to those of you who were in the parking lot at the wrong time when I was on my way back to the hotel... no need to go into detail there.

**snippage**

Besides the last day of the trip, I had such an AWESOME time in Australia, and both conventions rocked. As soon as I get home I’ll post some candid photos.. Fortunately, though, none of me being sick--- you’ll have to ask the guy in the autograph line up who was actually taking pictures of me holding a bucket to my face for that little keepsake. (seriously, who would do that??)

**snippage**

love Jewel

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update Apr 12 '08:

From the Official Jewel Staite website's blog:

http://jewelstaite.com/?p=22

Win dinner with Dr. Keller and Dr. Beckett!

Hi all!

An online auction is being held to support local Canadian actress Babz Chula. The winner receives dinner with me and Paul McGillion!

For more information, visit:

http://www.babzchulasociety.org

Thanks for your support.

Love, Jewel

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update May 30 '08:

From Jewel Staite's blog update for May 30, 2008:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=400948381

Friday, May 30, 2008

the latest from an almost-26 year old

The mid-season hiatus of Atlantis is approaching, which means life is slowing down, so here I am again. I can't believe we've made it this far already, and the time is flying by too fast for me. I don't know what it is, but we've all agreed that this season has been quite relaxed as far as the on-set vibe goes. Maybe everyone's just hit a stride, or mellowed out. Maybe we've surrendered our fate to the TV gods. In any case, there's been a lot of moments of reflection where I realize just how lucky I am to have such a cool job and to be working with such lovely people, and when you're tired and on your twelfth hour and you've been on your feet all day, to be able to still say that feels like quite an accomplishment. I do a lot of laughing at work, and not just because I share a trailer with Jason Momoa and I'm pretty sure he's putting something through those vents to make me oddly euphoric. Seriously, they should do tours of Jason's part of the trailer alone. It's like King Tut's tomb meets Clan of the Cave Bear and I'm both in awe and worried for him.

**snippage**

Next up is a trip to Baltimore for a convention called Shoreleave. I'm going with David Hewlett and Kate Hewlett to this one, which means there's going to be a lot of guffawing and really weird inside jokes, so I also apologize in advance for that. David is also one of those people that turns me into a giggling idiotic eight year old, and I'm pretty sure the crew on set thinks we're out of our minds. What would you think if you saw two grown adults calling each other "Bing-Bing" and dissolving into hysterical laughter? I'm telling you, something is coming through those vents.

I am also pleased to be a part of the latest round of Serenity screenings across North America to support Equality Now (http://www.equalitynow.org) . I'll be making an appearance at the screening in Vancouver and doing a Q&A, so if you're in the area, go to http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com for more details. Or just buy a ticket for one of the screenings in your area and be all nostalgic and wear your Jayne hat just 'cause.

No questions for today, because guess what? All you people want to know is whether Jason looks good without his dreads!?!?! Have you seen that man? I'm pretty sure he'd look good in Rachel's wig. Seriously, there has been a really disappointing decline in the interesting questions department, and I sincerely feel you are not doing your part to make these blogs interesting. And "will there be another Firefly/Serenity?" does not count. If there was, don't you think I would tell you immediately? Also on the not-counting list: "Can I have Morena/Summer/Gina's email address?" As much as I think it would be hilarious to fill Morena's inbox with creepy letters, you know I can't do that. Oh, but it would be so deliciously fun!

Off to pick a birthday dress. Or three.

love Jewel

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=421479063

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Holy eight-years-since-my-last-blog, Batman!

I am absolutely disgusted with myself for not updating you sooner, or answering your plethora of fabulous questions the moment I had a chance. (Spent that moment watching So You Think You Can Dance instead, but if you have experienced the hot tamale train that is Joshua, I'm sure you can understand.)

I have to start with some shout-outs to the people who have been so supportive of me, in Australia at the last two Supanova conventions, as well as both Shoreleave and Comic Con. To those of you who know who you are, you made me feel loved and very blessed in a world of anti-Keller threads. Also, your messages of support on myspace do not go unread, and I am so incredibly grateful for your outpouring of love and reassurance; I'm being sincere when I say I don't know what I would do without you! Thank you for the validation. I love you back.

Okay, I'm moving on to questions now, because there's a lot of them… many blogs' worth, actually. But I'll start with just a few:

Are there any movies in particular I'm looking forward to seeing? I think Tropic Thunder is at the very top of my list at the moment. I'm terrified it'll disappoint, but somehow I don't think it will. Robert Downey Jr. is a god amongst men. New celebrity crush fo-sho.

Do I have any irrational fears? I'm a wee bit excitable around things that slither, but not irrationally so. My mother actually goes bananas around snakes, and so does my grandmother. My theory is that it was genetically passed down through several generations of women in my family, but it got a bit diluted when it reached me. Still, you won't catch me cuddling one any time soon. Cocker spaniels will do for now.

Am I doing the Firefly commentary for the new blu-ray version coming out? Sadly, no. We tried desperately to make it work, but it was smack dab in the middle of a very heavy work week for me (we're currently shooting the episode "Brain Storm"—this will be a goody) and I just couldn't get back in time to make it happen. It was a little disappointing, not gonna lie, but I am gonna blame it on Summer. SUMMER!!

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              To those of you who know who you are, you made me feel loved and very blessed in a world of anti-Keller threads.
                              » *hides*

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                world of anti-Keller threads.
                                yeah not cool

Comment

Working...
                                X