Just a teen drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a teen drama

Sorry to say after watching 4 of these in the hope of getting into this can say in out.
    They are other shows that have young people in without any problems eg walking dead and the 100

But really feel I'm not in the target demographic for this show shame as was looking forward to this one

Admittedly it's been quite a few years since I read any of the books, but as I sat and watched the first episode I kept saying to myself "I don't remember any of this".

And as you say, the whole "teen romance" angle? Where's that come from? I don't remember that from the books.

However, I'll keep watching, see if it improves. But if it goes to a second season, I'll be very surprised.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      However, I'll keep watching, see if it improves. But if it goes to a second season, I'll be very surprised.
      Prepare to be surprised! It was renewed for a second season back in April.
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't even make it to the end of season 1.

Had the last two episodes stacked up ready to watch, decided I really couldn't be bothered and deleted them.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

LOL...I enjoyed it.
          sigpic

Comment

If you enjoyed it, that's fine, I'm glad. ????

Just wasn't my thing at all.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm probably gonna be watching it this summer at the gym for background noise. I'm more curious to see what it is about.
              sigpic

Comment

It's about ten hours of your life you'll never get back.
                sigpic

Comment

I still have 3 episodes left of the first season to watch. I kind of gave up on it after ep 7, I'll probably finish off the season when I have time though and I might give season 2 a chance, but it really depends on how many shows I'm watching when this starts back up again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have seen the first 5 episodes or so, still debating weather i want to watch the rest, didnt really hook me as much as i hoped
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Being perfectly honest, and I've said this before elsewhere so forgive me for repeating myself, but - for something that apparently cost quite a lot of money to make, it still somehow manages to look really cheap and nasty.

I don't understand it.
                      sigpic

Comment

It started ok for me but ended badly. I don't think I'll be watching the second season.

Comment

I didn't even make it to the end of season 1.

Had the last two episodes stacked up ready to watch, decided I really couldn't be bothered and deleted them.
                          I recorded the final episode and only watched the scene where Amberle turned into the tree- talk about disappointing. The way the book wrote the scene it would have been amazing to see. Instead she walked into the tree.

It's about ten hours of your life you'll never get back.

yep I hear ya!

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                          I still have 3 episodes left of the first season to watch. I kind of gave up on it after ep 7, I'll probably finish off the season when I have time though and I might give season 2 a chance, but it really depends on how many shows I'm watching when this starts back up again.
                          not going to bother- the third book (the wishsong of shannara) was my favorite of the trilogy and I don't want it ruined! the fact the writer actually approved of these changes boggles the mind. but when the almighty dollar calls some can't resist it.

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                          It started ok for me but ended badly. I don't think I'll be watching the second season.

me either-- actually haven't been able to enjoy a terry brooks since - that drivel ruined my mental enjoyment of the series for a while. But then I also think the writer has lost some of his mojo-- his last trilogy was terrible I thought. I read the first book, got half way through the second and gave up - haven't bothered with the third at all. this was before I ever saw the shannara chronicles.

Comment

Hi,

I finished watching the season 1 DVD a few days ago. I liked it. Terry Brooks recent books altering the timeline to a post apocalyptic setting in the Pacific Northwest was a poor move.

I liked the original Shannara books from 1977. I liked the description of the world from them and not the "lets have a rusted auto here ."

That said, I seem to recall that this stays closer to the original story than the Legend of the Seeker did to the Sword of Truth books. I enjoyed The Legend show but I think it diverged too far from the books to keep many of the hard core Sword of Truth people.

Syfy channel seems to take a good concept and bend it out of wack such as the original Dune movie and their 3-part mini series that was good but bent out of shape.

SG1 was about the only show I think they did not bend out of shape.

Oh well, I'll wait and see what happens.

Doug vV

Comment

I think the naysayers from season 1 should watch season 2 now that its on Spike. I like the treatment Spike is giving the show.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X