No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, that's not it. I'm sure I'd have remembered Henry Rollins.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

New/old pet peeve.

People on the internet (again) who confuse the prejudices of a fictional character with those of the author, and get up on their high horse about it.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        New/old pet peeve.

People on the internet (again) who confuse the prejudices of a fictional character with those of the author, and get up on their high horse about it.
        ?You too huh ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

In the same vein, actors and other media darlings who go on about various causes they know nothing about.

Being able to stand on a stage and deliver lines that the writers have handed you confers no expertise on anything. Shut the hell up and study your lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            In the same vein, actors and other media darlings who go on about various causes they know nothing about.
            That's called being a person with an opinion. Actors are people too. If you don't agree with them, it's not their fault.
            Acting just happens to be their job.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Are we going to ignore he basically described himself?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

For the Stargate franchise: That the Ancients are basically humans.

Irl: That so few people uses password manager it is really increases your security online.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
                  Irl: That so few people uses password manager it is really increases your security online.
                  I coded one in python...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    That's called being a person with an opinion. Actors are people too. If you don't agree with them, it's not their fault.
                    Acting just happens to be their job.
                    They can get in front of the cameras and the media and act till the cows come home.

But what makes their ramblings on other topics worthy of press? Nothing.

Comment

They can get in front of the cameras and the media and act till the cows come home.

Yeah, back in the old days, "The Golden Age of Hollywood", the actors were paid to act, say what the studio bosses told them to say, and to keep their traps shut about everything else.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's called having reach... You and I have literally no reach so our opinions remain more or less within a circle of limited people, but people with a big following have a larger group so yeah... I get that you're jealous but popularity has it's upsides and its downsides.

Comment

You are a mechanic, get off the political discussion board.
                          Or are they allowed to have the same freedom you do?
                          FH is right, you are just jealous.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I coded one in python...
                            May I be noisy and ask which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
                              May I be noisy and ask which one?
                              Oh you may be nosy... but it was just as an exercise... I'm still learning.

Comment

Stupid people on Facebook who, despite all the evidence to the contrary - relevant news articles and firsthand witness statements - still choose to believe the innocence of two individuals who've been permabanned from the Scottish comic con scene.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X