Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    NCIS #5-01 "Bury Your Dead."

OK. That was not what I was expecting. Actually, I think I'm a little disappointed.

Spoiler:
    At least Jeanne didn't die. I'm relieved about that. But...she's gone - will she reappear later? The whole thing seemed rather anticlimatic - is it just me? There was really no resolution to anything. Is Jenny's father alive or not? And is it just me, or did Jenny's hair grow quite a bit in 5 minutes?

Anyway. I liked McGee's and Abby's refusal to believe Tony was dead. And Gibbs looked approving when Tony refused to tell Jenny what Jeanne told him. Ummm. I don't really have any other good observations.
    I liked it. Granted, I didn't really get to watch much last season as it's on at 8:00 and my kids are still up then so I only watch when I get a chance to on CBS's innertube thing....which takes forever. So, maybe I wasn't expecting as much since I didn't really catch the whole build up.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
      I liked it. Granted, I didn't really get to watch much last season as it's on at 8:00 and my kids are still up then so I only watch when I get a chance to on CBS's innertube thing....which takes forever. So, maybe I wasn't expecting as much since I didn't really catch the whole build up.
      I suppose I was expecting a
      Spoiler:
      bit more resolution to the storylines
      . But it wasn't bad. Just...not quite what I expected I guess.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

OK, three episodes in! What's everyone thinking about the current season? Liking it? Hating it? Anyone up for a discussion?
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          OK, three episodes in! What's everyone thinking about the current season? Liking it? Hating it? Anyone up for a discussion?
          I quite like it.

That last ep made me cry, though

Comment

I quite like it.

That last ep made me cry, though
            I know. I'm wondering what the future holds for
            Spoiler:
            Gibbs and Holly. I like them together, much better than I like Gibbs and Jenny. So I hope they work it out. Poor Gibbs, all the women ganging up on him. It's interesting the dynamic between Jenny and Holly. I think Jenny likes her, most of the time. She definitely enjoys using her to torment Gibbs. But then she'll make a comment that leaves me wondering.

I feel like we're mostly back on track. I was frustrated with Ziva last week-I've been really getting irritated with the way she's been hovering over Tony. I'm like, "Back off! Give him some space!"

I couldn't believe they replayed the evil lab tech thing again though. Abby just has the worst luck.
            - Life after Stargate -
            sigpic

Comment

Last night's episode was soooooo sad

Comment

Last night's episode was soooooo sad
                But good;-) Sad, yes but different and good. It was time to get more info about Gibbs family. It was hinted that Kelly would become a topic... I think in the episode before with the ipods and that Gibbs only needs 3 ( I think) songs and that were sounds of Kelly.
                sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

I LOVED the opening bit with Tony though. Being all manly

Comment

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post
                    But good;-) Sad, yes but different and good. It was time to get more info about Gibbs family. It was hinted that Kelly would become a topic... I think in the episode before with the ipods and that Gibbs only needs 3 ( I think) songs and that were sounds of Kelly.
                    Indeed, one of the best so far imo. Gibbs has by far the most depth among the characters, and I love episodes that focus on him (my favorite is the two-parter where he loses his memory).

Originally posted by firefly827347
                    I LOVED the opening bit with Tony though. Being all manly
                    Me too, at first I was sure he was dreaming or something. The actor (can't remember his name) must've loved that

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                      Me too, at first I was sure he was dreaming or something. The actor (can't remember his name) must've loved that
                      Michael Weatherly (aka God in human form )

Comment

it looked like he closed his eyes while he was shooting, good episode though

Comment

I only got into the show recently, but I'm hooked. Having started off with some of the S4/S5 eps my first intro to the team included Ziva so I had no real biases or preconceptions about the character and thought she was a lot of fun. Going back to watch S1 came as a bit of a shock to find this random other female, although I liked her, too. Knowing she was only a "temporary" character probably helped to soften the blow when she eventually died- I knew it was bound to happen at some point, so while I liked and appreciated her character I didn't form any unbreakable bonds of kinship or anything that would lead to resentment and displeasure when Ziva eventually took her place.

I never saw any shippyness between Gibbs and Kate, but I tend to have mental blockers on where ship is concerned because I find it invasive and detracting. I picked up on some byplay between Tony and Kate (and Tony and Ziva) but I chalk that up to Tony being Tony rather than there being any serious romantic possibilities.

I do like Abby and McGee as a pairing, but I'm also happy for them to keep it casual or past tense or whatever it is. Not sure what to make of Abby and the Autopsy Gremlin, although part of that could be that for whatever reason I've never really warmed to Jimmy the way I usually warm to minor characters. From the commentaries I've heard he seems to be really popular and he's usually the type I latch onto and adopt as my own, but this time? *shrug* I don't have any objections to him, but I'm not falling over myself with joy to see him, either. Feels a bit weird, actually, like I'm missing something.

Abby and Ducky are my favorites because I think they're both a lot of fun to watch. I'm crushed that someone hasn't come up with a Caff-Pow! cup for folks to buy because I'd snap one up in a heartbeat... although I wouldn't be drinking Hawaiian Punch. Ew. Ducky is the one I'd most like to have dinner with, just because I'd love to sit there and listen to him tell stories. I'm not easily grossed out, so even wacky autopsy stories wouldn't bug me.

I think what I like best about the show is the dynamics: everyone has something to do and all of the characters play some part in the story. Even characters who may not be in it a lot (such as Abby or Ducky) don't feel neglected, which makes a nice change from Atlantis, for example. IMO Stargate's PTB could learn a lot from NCIS.

I have S4 on order at the library and I'm catching bits of S5 as they air on TV although it'd be nice to sit down and watch the whole season from beginning to end. *sigh* Guess I'll have to wait for the DVDs.

Comment

Wow - this thread popped up again!

I started watching the show back in S2. My brother said you have to watch this show - you'll enjoy it, trust me. He was right.

I don't know that I could even pick a favorite. I do miss Kate - it was quite a shock when she was killed. And I enjoyed the interaction between her and Tony. I enjoy Ziva also, though. Although I do have to confess I have had a few issues with her starting just here in S5, mostly having to do with her behavior around Tony in the first of the season.

Jimmy is kind of an odd character. I don't dislike him, but it wouldn't break my heart if they decided to kill him off one day either.

I love Gibbs, Tony, McGee, Abby, Ducky....not quite so fond of the Director. I had a few issues with some things she did in S4.

I don't really ship anyone on the show. I don't mind Abby and McGee, but it's not a big issue. To me the show is about the team, and I love the dynamics of how they all work together.

You said that Atlantis PTB could learn a lot from NCIS PTB. I do agree to a certain extent. I agreed a lot more before Mark Harmon's little standoff with Don Bellisario over the summer. (See post #59 for news links) Mark apparently got fed up with Don running them ragged and said some things had to change, or he was quitting. It ended up that Don left the show, and I can't say that I'm overly surprised, since I can't imagine this show without Gibbs. He's kind of the center that holds it all together, much as I love all of them.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi...My name is Tame and I.......*looks down*...Looks Up*...I am an NCIS aholic...I own all four seasons already on DVD and would own S5 if they would let me..

I love this show because of the cast as a whole...well except for the Director... I have a real hard time with Lauren Holly in this role... BUT I can overlook it most of the time

I am a shipper at heart ... so if I didn't ship SOMEONES people would feel for a pulse and touch my forehead... annoying stuff that... so I do ship Tony and Zeeevah...You have to say it like Tony ...ZEEvah.....

anyway.... I will do a bit of review, talk about what made me addicted...and if I plan to recover...or not... or if I will just share 12 steps to having Abby's shoes
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                I only got into the show recently, but I'm hooked. Having started off with some of the S4/S5 eps my first intro to the team included Ziva so I had no real biases or preconceptions about the character and thought she was a lot of fun. Going back to watch S1 came as a bit of a shock to find this random other female, although I liked her, too. Knowing she was only a "temporary" character probably helped to soften the blow when she eventually died- I knew it was bound to happen at some point, so while I liked and appreciated her character I didn't form any unbreakable bonds of kinship or anything that would lead to resentment and displeasure when Ziva eventually took her place.

I never saw any shippyness between Gibbs and Kate, but I tend to have mental blockers on where ship is concerned because I find it invasive and detracting. I picked up on some byplay between Tony and Kate (and Tony and Ziva) but I chalk that up to Tony being Tony rather than there being any serious romantic possibilities.

I do like Abby and McGee as a pairing, but I'm also happy for them to keep it casual or past tense or whatever it is. Not sure what to make of Abby and the Autopsy Gremlin, although part of that could be that for whatever reason I've never really warmed to Jimmy the way I usually warm to minor characters. From the commentaries I've heard he seems to be really popular and he's usually the type I latch onto and adopt as my own, but this time? *shrug* I don't have any objections to him, but I'm not falling over myself with joy to see him, either. Feels a bit weird, actually, like I'm missing something.

Abby and Ducky are my favorites because I think they're both a lot of fun to watch. I'm crushed that someone hasn't come up with a Caff-Pow! cup for folks to buy because I'd snap one up in a heartbeat... although I wouldn't be drinking Hawaiian Punch. Ew. Ducky is the one I'd most like to have dinner with, just because I'd love to sit there and listen to him tell stories. I'm not easily grossed out, so even wacky autopsy stories wouldn't bug me.

I think what I like best about the show is the dynamics: everyone has something to do and all of the characters play some part in the story. Even characters who may not be in it a lot (such as Abby or Ducky) don't feel neglected, which makes a nice change from Atlantis, for example. IMO Stargate's PTB could learn a lot from NCIS.

I have S4 on order at the library and I'm catching bits of S5 as they air on TV although it'd be nice to sit down and watch the whole season from beginning to end. *sigh* Guess I'll have to wait for the DVDs.

I think I started watching midway through season 1.

I bolded part of your post, Shadow because I wanted to talk about the ep when Kate got killed. I recall that they told us one of four characters would be killed on that episode: Gibbs, Tony, Kate, or McGee. They kept using the little black and white flash forward things to make it look like it would be Tony, so I figured it definitely would not be him, but I really didn't know who it would be. I guess out of the four of them I'm happy it was Kate (and apparently the actress wanted to go), but it really came as a shock anyway.....despite them telling us in advance someone would die. I thought the way they killed her was very effective. You don't see a main character wiped out that quickly very often....especially with only seconds left in the episode and as the end to a season so that you have to wait months for the repurcussions.

Unfortunately, since the show was on at 8:00 and I didn't really want my small children seeing all the liquifying bodies and lovely eyeballs sitting on desks and such, I missed a lot of the third season so I didn't really see how they dealt with her death. I'll have to go back and watch those episodes.

I liked Kate just fine, but I like Ziva as well....maybe even a little more than Kate.

I really like how they make the characters very competent with their jobs and yet still very human.

Comment

Working...
                                X