Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Marvel (news/discussion/spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I bet one is Avengers related
    You would be correct.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm not asking for confirmation, but I'd bet good money that the Avengers-related one is her receiving the page that Fury sent in the Infinity War credits scene
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I'm not asking for confirmation, but I'd bet good money that the Avengers-related one is her receiving the page that Fury sent in the Infinity War credits scene
        ….. it's pager related, yes...…...
        sigpic

Comment

You like being a tease don't you?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            You like being a tease don't you?
            I can spill if you want, but to answer your question, ask Mrs GF
            sigpic

Comment

I usually wait until it comes out on DVD or digital. I'll forget so I personally don't care if you spoil it
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Fair enough.
                Spoiler:

The Avengers have Fury's pager, and have been keeping an eye on it, when it suddenly stops. Cap want's to know why it has stopped as Banner has been making sure it has power. He turns around and Cap Marvel is standing behind him and asks "where is Fury"
                There is no warning she will be there, and some of the scenes from the Endgame trailer are actually from this post credit scene.
                sigpic

Comment

Not clicking it... Not clicking it... Not clicking it...

Hoping to see it next week!

Comment

Just got home from seeing it. I need a little time to process, but my immediate reaction: loved. it.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Are we still spoiler tagging? I put "spoilers" right in the thread title...

Scattered thoughts:

Spoiler:

Loved the change to the Marvel Studios company logo at the start, with it being all shots of Stan Lee.

Brie Larson was awesome, SLJ was hilarious. Baby Coulson!

I really liked how it so effortlessly stitched together the more cosmic MCU with the more Earthbound MCU, and how along the way, they really shaded in some of the backstory for the 'state of the galaxy' as we were introduced to it in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Appreciated the Skrulls twist, particularly because I've seen a few sites out there loudly pontificating on how the Skrulls are the next Thanos.

Rambeau didn't really do anything for me. She seemed to be there only as a means for Carol to remember her past, but once that was done seemed to have nothing at all to contribute to the plot.

Soundtrack was pretty awesome, I'm surprised that Marvel isn't pushing it a bit harder a la Guardians.

Goose!

Enjoyed that her callsign is now so important to the MCU lore.

Still slightly thrown by the timeline here... The film is set in 1995 and seems to imminently set up both the Phase One movies and where we start in Guardians. Except....Iron Man 1 isn't till 2008 (2010 if you prefer the "official," riddled-with-errors Marvel timeline) and Guardians is set in 2014. So....it took Fury 13(/15) years after this to find another hero, and it took Carol 19 years to beat the Kree?

I was rolling my eyes harrrrrrrd at an idiot sitting right behind me at the theatre. As the credits started rolling (so people were okay to talk), he starts insisting to his friends "oh my god, that must be a second Tesseract! Because SHIELD has the Tesseract from WW2 until The Avengers and this is in the 80s, so this must be a second Tesseract!" and refusing to hear anybody tell him why he was wrong (on either point).

And then chills at the post-Infinity War teaser.

Comment

I think we should spoiler tag for a little longer, seems only fair as I saw this before pretty much anyone else (thanks time-zones!!) and you are the only other person here to see it yet.

I will say though, without tags that the Stan Lee tribute opening credits were freaking EPIC, and a fair show of respect to a man who without, Marvel would not be what it is today. His Cameo however, had me literally LOL'ing (and getting told to shut up), as it was THAT movie he is reading the script for that convinced Stan to be more than just a writer, and I am SURE the director of that movie was in 7th heaven seeing it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Subtle Captain Marvel tie-ins to Iron Man 2, The Avengers, and Ant-Man (spoilers, obviously)

Comment

Saw it tonight, enjoyed it. Was a shame there wasnt as much Coulson/Fury scenes as I was hoping for but loved young Fury.

That Endgame tease though, only just over a month, any idea when tickets are released?

Goose!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              Saw it tonight, enjoyed it. Was a shame there wasnt as much Coulson/Fury scenes as I was hoping for but loved young Fury.
                              I was happy with the Fury content, and there WAS a scene sorta explaining why Fury trusts Coulson so much, but the content of most of the Coulson scences was sorta bland. Coulson is one of my fave characters in the MCU, and he pretty much got wallpapered into "distant intense looks".
                              That Endgame tease though, only just over a month, any idea when tickets are released?
                              Probably around the 4th of April.
                              Goose!
                              Chewie!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I suppose we did get THAT scene...

Comment

Working...
                                X