• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolution (908)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON NINE
    EVOLUTION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 908
    A rescue team searches for Eugene, unaware of the disturbing new danger from a seemingly intelligent herd. Michonne and the new group arrive in Hilltop, and Henry makes some new friends.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 November 2018, 10:59 PM.

Okay so there's definitely some beef between Alexandria and Hilltop. It looks like Michonne is at the center of it, possibly a war between the two factions? I base this on the nasty looks they exchanged when she brought in the new ''refugees''.

There's a herd going in circles... the whisperers?

Edit after finishing the episode...

I am blown away.
    Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 26 November 2018, 04:08 PM.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Loved this episode! Feels like the good old days! The Walkers are something to be feared again, never being sure if it's a Walker or Whisperer. Seeing that first Whisperer duck and spin at Jesus was so creepy, even though we knew it was coming I was still taken aback.

I hope they fill us in soon on what happened between the communities, I would imagine at some point they will have to work together again.

I'm not convinced that Negan is up to anything nefarious,
      Spoiler:
      in the comic he either stays in/or goes back into his cell after it's left open to prove he's changed. Not sure if that's how the show will work...

Comment

This was a really beautifully shot episode. The whole section of the episode in the fog with the thunderstorm rumbling in the distance, first in the field and farmhouse, then later on in the graveyard, was just amazingly spooky. You don't get that kind of scary from TWD much anymore and I thought it was really welcome here.

And the 'walker dodge' moment, wow. I knew the Whisperers were coming, but that was still a major "holy sh*t" moment, the first in a few years. Very very sad to see Jesus die though (seriously, WHY).
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          And the 'walker dodge' moment, wow. I knew the Whisperers were coming, but that was still a major "holy sh*t" moment, the first in a few years.
          Oh yea the dodge was beautifully shot, all happening in a graveyard too. I can't remember the last time I saw TWD as a horror, but this was one of the best, if not the best episode of all time. Anyone catch what he whispered to Jesus before slaying him?

Very very sad to see Jesus die though (seriously, WHY).
          Dude it was inevitable, it's in the Bible duh. Honestly, I had the gut feeling that it was coming very shortly. I knew it was coming simply because they seemed to put a lot of emphasis on him in the past episodes, but primarily because Jesus groomed Aaron in combat. That was a dead giveaway for me.

TWD has to be the show which I least care about its characters to be honest, they're even worse than GoT... Like I don't even care much that Lincoln left the show, and as a matter of fact I think it's a good thing seeing where they are headed with the show!

Faith restored.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Oh yea the dodge was beautifully shot, all happening in a graveyard too. I can't remember the last time I saw TWD as a horror, but this was one of the best, if not the best episode of all time. Anyone catch what he whispered to Jesus before slaying him?
            I believe it was "you are where you don't belong."

Dude it was inevitable, it's in the Bible duh.
            Haaa
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I believe it was "you are where you don't belong."

Haaa
              Thanks!
              Spoiler:

Comment

I guessed thats how they'd find out, but didnt expect Jesus to die...

Is that the midseason finale?

Comment

Yes it was, second half begins in February.

Comment

Don't worry, he'll be back in three days.

..too soon?

Tom Payne wanted out that's why Jesus got it, aparantly he is a big comic fan and did lots of training in preparation for the role, only to be sidelined by a useless show runner, by the time Kang took over, it was too late and the damage had been done driving Lincoln, Cohan and Payne away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                      Don't worry, he'll be back in three days.

..too soon?
                      The second coming of Christ? Jesus walks the Earth again hungry for blood and flesh?

Tom Payne wanted out that's why Jesus got it, aparantly he is a big comic fan and did lots of training in preparation for the role, only to be sidelined by a useless show runner, by the time Kang took over, it was too late and the damage had been done driving Lincoln, Cohan and Payne away.
                      I did see on TV that he trained intensively in martial arts, dedicated guy he is. I don't blame most of the cast, they've been doing it for almost 10 years and maybe want to do something else. I had lost all hopes for the show, but 908 renewed my hope, looks like they're finally going back to the horror route instead of drama BS every episodes.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I wonder whether the second half is going to rush into the Whisperer War or if they’ll build up and end the season on the ‘border’ moment.

Comment

Shhh!! Some of us didn't read the comics!

Spoiler:

Comment

Okay I needed to get this off my chest, I just couldn't stop laughing yesterday. I was literally folded in half.

Was watching Talking Dead on demand since I missed it, and during the commercial break this ''Thank you Andrew Lincoln'' event kept playing. So basically, you've got an over-the-top dramatized compilation of fans expressing their love for Lincoln. A few quotes from the add below, for your pleasure.

''I feel like my relationship with Rick grew stronger, and this is what I'm holding on to, since I know I will see him again in the Future.''

*guy shows his tattoo of Lincoln on his arm*

''I am very sad (the girl is literally crying), I don't know how I'll get through''

But wait, the funniest is this:

There's this couple talking about how much they love Rick, well, the wife is and you should SEE THE HUSBAND'S face OMG I'm dying, he really has that *What the F**K am I doing here* face.

I find this whole fanworship so cringy I can't help it sorry. Anybody else agrees or am I just a snob for laughing at these fanbois?
                            Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 04 December 2018, 10:39 AM. Reason: Chaka typos
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Shhh!! Some of us didn't read the comics!

Hey I was making an effort to be opaque!

Comment

Working...
                              X