Bigfoot Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From an interview with Sam Egan

Michael: I have noticed in press releases that Christopher Heyerdahl's name wasn't mentioned. Is he still going to be involved with the series?

Sam Egan: Oh, absolutely. I don't know why that was an error of omission but Chris we consider to be an absolutely integral part of Sanctuary. He is the key villain in the role of John Druitt who appears in Episodes One and Two and is definitely, I think I can say without revealing too much, going to be coming back in that role. Now, what you may or may not know is that Chris is also Bigfoot. That's a little surprise and nugget for the fans. So underneath the prosthetics and all that make-up for the character of Bigfoot there is the very same actor who plays our arch villain and the former fiancée of Dr. Helen Magnus.
    http://www.cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=880

This question is on the third page.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      From an interview with Sam Egan

"Now, what you may or may not know is that Chris is also Bigfoot."
      http://www.cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=880

This question is on the third page.
      Thanks so much! I had asked elsewhere, and this is the first solid proof! I know some thought it was Chris because of the voice, but two things made me suspect it was him - the way he kinda shrugged when Will refused the tea (reminded me of something Todd does), and his hands (Chris' hands are very sexy ).

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
        ...also starring Bigfoot as Himself...

But if it is CH and he's playing two characters and is in the main credits, which character is a regular and which would be recurring? I doubt he could juggle two main characters for each episode, especially when one invovles quite extensive makeup.
        While Druitt will be the recurring bad guy, he won't even be in half of the episodes. Also, scenes are shot on different days. If they were ever to write a scene with both Druitt and Big Foot in it, it would be in such a way that they could easily pull it off with a stand it.

Comment

Dan Payne did play the bigfoot role in the Webisodes, I help run his fan club and know for a fact he had several roles in them. As for the TV series, I just sent him an email to find out the truth. I know there were changes from webisodes to TV so we'll see.

Later, Kim

Comment

Originally posted by shaurissmile View Post
            Dan Payne did play the bigfoot role in the Webisodes, I help run his fan club and know for a fact he had several roles in them. As for the TV series, I just sent him an email to find out the truth. I know there were changes from webisodes to TV so we'll see.

Later, Kim
            Do you have any actual proof, because jasminaGo has provided the best so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
              While Druitt will be the recurring bad guy, he won't even be in half of the episodes. Also, scenes are shot on different days. If they were ever to write a scene with both Druitt and Big Foot in it, it would be in such a way that they could easily pull it off with a stand it.
              Well if the do have a scene together then I hope that they do it better than the scene in Webisode 4 because the Bigfoot mask didn't fit whoever they had stand in for Chris.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by shaurissmile View Post

Later, Kim
                I know Dan plays a few characters in this, and - maybe - he's Bigfoot when and if he's in a scene with Druitt, but watching tonight - seeing and hearing Bigfoot talk, I'm fairly sure this is Chris Heyerdahl. For one, Chris often talks out of the right side of his mouth, and so did Bigfoot. And it's definitely Chris' voice. If it's not him, I will really be surprised, especially with Egan's confirmation.

das
                sigpic

Comment

I seem to remember having this conversation before and it turned out that Dan Payne played Bigfoot in one of the webisodes. If people remember them, there was a scene where Little Will was watching a film about monsters and Dan Payne was Bigfoot on the TV and, I think, in the flashback. However, it is Christopher Heyerdahl that plays Bigfoot most of the time.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Based on his work with Todd, Bigfoot's mannerisms seem very much like Christopher Heyerdahl's. That, and his name was is in the opening theme.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      I know Dan plays a few characters in this, and - maybe - he's Bigfoot when and if he's in a scene with Druitt, but watching tonight - seeing and hearing Bigfoot talk, I'm fairly sure this is Chris Heyerdahl. For one, Chris often talks out of the right side of his mouth, and so did Bigfoot. And it's definitely Chris' voice. If it's not him, I will really be surprised, especially with Egan's confirmation.

das
                      I don't even want to know how you got this information
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I really just realized it was Chris in last night's episode. I'm glad, because I really like him as an actor.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

if it wasnt christopher heyerdahl playing bigfoot in this weeks episode then ill eat my shoe
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I don't even want to know how you got this information
                            Uh...by watching him talk?

Ya know - every person uses their mouth differently, and Chris often talks out of the right side of his mouth. My husband is that sort of talker, too...favors talking out of one side of his mouth, especially when emphasizing something. Those types of mannerisms are hard to conceal, even when most of your face is hidden by a mask.

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello, I heard from Dan and he said he is not in the new TV series at all, yet. He did play several roles in the webisodes, he was the younger bigfoot as well as several other monsters, a vampire being one of them. We're hoping he will be used again in the future on the series. I do love Chris though too, met him at a con a few years back, lovely man and very tall.

Kim

Comment

Sorry...haven't been around much - just very busy, and having trouble juggling fandoms.

But I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying Bigfoot, especially over the past two episodes. I love the added dimension to the character - we are starting to see some of his personality now, especially his relationship with Henry...it's very...touching (for lack of a better word). Just never knew how tender the big guy could be. And then there's the dusting... Anyone else enjoying the character as much as I am lately?

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X