This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Proof fabricated by the left to take money from the hard working stiffs. Its all a scam to take away the money from the hard working stiff. The truth is out there

*cue X-Files music*
    See that is exactly the thing. To deny man made climate change is to deny a scientific consensus from around the globe. Even China accepts that climate change is man made and remains in the Paris agreement despite their infrastructure being heavily dependant around fossil fuels. Norway accepts it despite their economy being based on selling oil!

So yeah let’s just call Man-made climate change deniers what they really are. Conspiracy theorists... Among stronger language.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
      It sounds like I'm about to go down a rabbit hole, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

For example, it is a fact that animals have evolved over time. This is not going to ever be disproved unless Descartes' musing about the world being an illusion created by an evil demon (or some variation thereof) turns out to be true.
      well, thank you Xaeden if for nothing else, this is the first time I have seen someone other than myself mention Descartes in a SCI FI forum!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        See that is exactly the thing. To deny man made climate change is to deny a scientific consensus from around the globe. Even China accepts that climate change is man made and remains in the Paris agreement despite their infrastructure being heavily dependant around fossil fuels. Norway accepts it despite their economy being based on selling oil!

So yeah let’s just call Man-made climate change deniers what they really are. Conspiracy theorists... Among stronger language.
        I'm done extending the courtesy of being so kind. It's reality-denying derangement, and an active threat to everyone around them.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
          Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos or Richard Branson could give a flat tard a ride to high altitude/low orbit so they could observe curvature first hand

what would the answer be? flat earther : "they brought me to a facility where they put me on a "spacecraft" and later I observed what appeared to be the earth from low orbit. BUT I know (because I just do) that they drugged me and then woke me up after we arrived at a soundstage where this elaborate display was put on for me. Then they drugged me again"
          To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if Musk does do that at some point. Though even if the flat earthier accepts it the rest of the “community” would just say he’s a paid off traitor or been replaced with a lizard or something.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
            Not Who (or even whom) but what.
            Answer is in Tolkins Lord of the Rings, it is a fortress or castle
            "Gondor" is a Kingdom of Man in "Tolkien's" Lord of the Rings

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Though even if the flat earthier accepts it the rest of the “community” would just say he’s a paid off traitor or been replaced with a lizard or something.
              something like that has happened--a flat tard civil war of sorts

and the guy didn't even say the earth was round- it was a disagreement on the nature of the supposed 'flatness'

they accused the guy of being paid of by NASA

Comment

Climate change or man made climate change (MMCC) to me, is not 'fake' it is happening BUT not in the way it is being hyped

I say hyped because mankind has never let a good money making, hype-ride go to waste

money-or some exchange of items of value- has always been made from every disaster

as to the warming, yes, the planet is warming. Mankind would not exist in the form and numbers that we do today if it were not for the last period of warming post-last ice age 10-12,000 yrs ago

and that warming took place WITH DISASTROUS SEA level rise (there is much evidence on Continental shelves all around the world of man made places 'sunk' by the last warm up)

all of this ice melt took place with little more then man's camp fires

------and here is where someone reading will be typing in response "science denier' ; you posted this thread and now you are saying...etc,etc"---------

and this is how these kooks and their goofball 'theories' (flat earth, bigfoot, green space aliens, young earth,etc) damages the field of discussion. that is, no one can come out in dissent to anything real and important- OR in the case of MMCC, agree it is man made or man aggravated BUT have some slight differences in how they think it is happening or what should be done.

they get called kook themselves and then get lumped in with the nuts like the flat earthers

with MMCC, for me, I believe man's activities are seriously aggravating a natural occurrence

the hype comes in because all I see is people and corporations with items and 'earth saving' gadgets and schemes for sale

governments have reacted in far more sensible ways and given away for free, remedies and solutions in the past to issues far less serious then this

say the vaccination programs in the 50's and after--- it was free. needed to stem disease. serious yes, but nowhere nearly as serious as the "extinction" of life as we know it due to MMCC.

it is hyped for marketing reasons--buy this car and 'save the planet', but this gadget and 'save the planet'

the other free things that man could do are not marketed as heavily as they should be. the use of plastics, recycling (real recycling), waste to energy, "needs" vs "wants" all of this can be done for free

but corporations would make little to no money from this tactic so we get the marketing scheme instead

governments should also have begun to have populations move inland. but no, instead they advocate for 'sea walls' nd the like, all plans that will make some company billions in an effort that would probably do little to change the situation of seas rise and inundation

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I'm done extending the courtesy of being so kind. It's reality-denying derangement, and an active threat to everyone around them.
                  The problem is, and has always been is that climate change HAS been a natural phenomena for all of Earths existence, and as such provides a nice "dodge" for people wanting to deny that we can have an impact on it. Making the small leap that we are able to affect a natural event seems to be beyond these people. In addition, the way it has been, for want of a better term, marketed, to the general public allows for dissent. First it was warming, then cooling, then just generic "change". Then of course you have the things like carbon credits and such to make it appear as a pure money grab. I can UNDERSTAND the dissent of opinion based on these 3 factors, yet it does not change the underlying science, just the opinion on WHY or HOW things should be done. People suggest using solar power? The stock answer is "it's not sunny all the time". Wind? "It's not always windy", Hydro-electric? "it does not help in land-locked places".
                  The entire notion of alternate energy get's lost in the sea of excuses about either "it won't work HERE" or the developmental cost is too high, or it's just a money grab.

These have no basis in fact as we are more than capable of using MULTIPLE vectors to fix the problem, and are quite capable of transmitting power across vast distances. Solar farms in dessert regions, wind farms in high wind area's, Water turbines in coastal regions, even nuclear plants in "dead zones" where no other form of energy production is viable, and EVEN limited amounts of coal and petroleum as a bridging gap as well.
                  The creation of the train and the automobile had COSTS, but very few alive remember those costs.
                  Does anyone deny we are better off for having rapid transportation?
                  No.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    all of it, just trimmed for space
                    Correct.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Correct.
                      I oughta trim your fur!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I oughta trim your fur!!

Comment

I oughta trim your fur!!
                          I thought he was a build a bear
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Quite frankly, this is the "dark side" of conservatism. Being conservative is not exactly a bad idea, "look before you leap" is a perfectly fine mindset, what is NOT fine is when it is used as an excuse to keep the "Status Quo"
                            If the current crop of "Conservative/Republicans" were thrust into the American civil war, they would be screaming to maintain slavery, to deny cars and trains, to keep horse-drawn travel as the best method of transport. In effect, they would be the OPPOSITE of what the republican party was founded on, and we have proof of that based on historic voting patterns. The south voted Democratic because at the time, that's what the democratic party represented, conservatism, now it votes republican, BUT MAINTAINS THE SAME VALUE SYSTEM as it did 2-300 years ago.
                            Maintaining slavery was based on pure self interest, It was for the English, the Spanish and the Dutch in "traditional" colonial times, and it is for modern America (and Russia) and it's forays into imperialism.

America was "made great" due to progressive ideals, not regressive ones, yet the entire basis of "MAGA" is based on an ideal that never existed, and is regressive in nature.
                            How this is not noticed by the MAGA fans is beyond me.
                            "In the 60's we went to the moon, we invented, we advanced, we accepted" and this was America being great, yet the entire conservative schtick is to IGNORE that and say "no invention, no advancement, no acceptance"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I thought he was a build a bear
                              Clearly he is a bear, not a trash panda.
                              sigpic

Comment

I thought all pandas were trash
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X