Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth Gate and Destiny Gate: Could Carter and Dr Rush both be right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx View Post
    my two cents on this topic:

IF destiny was due to its FTL affected by time dialation how come the communication stones work?
    if the destiny while in FTL were subject to time dialation no contact with earth would be possible.

i still believe that "hundreds of thousands" IS and ALLWAYS will be an epic writer screw up a true inconsistency, and that itself shows to prove that TPTB have no idea or intrest in the show they are making.
    I don't know if they wouldn't work, but for sure, people would always get back to Destiny and it would be "dude, you were only gone 12 seconds", and the other guy would reply "I went to Jamaica for a week, mon".

Comment

guys any of u though that in ep Air rush meant that its been traveling for hundreds of millions of years and his actual words where an error of the actor, For those saying about the condition its in well it may have been in great condition till the blue aliens started following it the FTL drive is slower than the prometheus not fast but fast enough as its not hyperspeed.

also its billions of LY away and where ppl getting the dates wrong, carter said the earth gate was 50 million yo about, well the ancients where in our galaxies well before that they may have flew to every planet in MW, then built the first stargates the destiny type as the years went on and they had sent destiny on its great journey then as they found out that they can be faults in the stargates they updated them swaped al lthe MW ones with the earth gate SGC uses and the one on earth was the first new one.

it would explain why the destiny one looks weird compared to the MW gates also originaly the gates did not use ZPM's ? then all MW gates started useing ZPM's. also it does seam strange that for the length of time destiny has been in operation and its journey's end seams too far, if it was the only set of ships to gate seed why is it along a sort of path like its reaching some place, if humans was doing this we would follow the galaxies starting with the neariest then move out in a spearical pattern not in a dot to dot. ? unless the anceints wernt the first race of humans and there original race from the ORI galaxy came from some place evan farther out.

Comment

Hundreds of thousands of years was just Rush's preliminary estimate regarding the ship's age. JM established the age of Destiny to be 50+ million years old.

Regarding the time dilation, Destiny does not suffer from time dilation because Destiny is traveling faster than the speed of light. Time dilation occurs when you are traveling very close to (but still under) the speed of light.

Comment

True dat.....

But still, iirc they said the antartic gate was what.. 50 mil years old itself.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            True dat.....

But still, iirc they said the antartic gate was what.. 50 mil years old itself.
            Yes. They said it was 50 million years old.

Comment

So if it is 50 mil years, and the destiny was launched 50 mil years, would they not be the same?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                So if it is 50 mil years, and the destiny was launched 50 mil years, would they not be the same?
                Just because Destiny was launched 50 million years ago does not mean that the gate aboard Destiny/the gate model is the same age as Destiny. Also, I think that these gates were specifically designed for Destiny's mission.

Comment

i'm surprised no one said this, maybe destiny is younger than you think and rush is correct about the age, what would that say about the stargate.

well, since the seeder ships have to build stargates from stratch and the milky way gates is too complex to build on board a automated ship so they have to go to a older version which is easier to make and cheaper in resources to build.

its like having a machine to build PS3 which takes 10x longer and more complex to build than the first generation PSone which is simple to make

Comment

Originally posted by danielhartley91 View Post
                    i'm surprised no one said this, maybe destiny is younger than you think and rush is correct about the age, what would that say about the stargate.

well, since the seeder ships have to build stargates from stratch and the milky way gates is too complex to build on board a automated ship so they have to go to a older version which is easier to make and cheaper in resources to build.

its like having a machine to build PS3 which takes 10x longer and more complex to build than the first generation PSone which is simple to make
                    The age of Destiny was confirmed by JM.

I have no doubt that Destiny's gates are designed specifically for the mission. They are simpler to build, and they work in multiple galaxies due to the glyphs not being constellations.

Comment

Maybe both gates were created at in the same time period. What if the Destiny style gates are just of a lower caliber than the milky-way gates. This makes sence as the destiny gates cannot take as much damage as Milky way gates. A simple energy weapon could destroy a destiny gate where as a milkyway gate can survive a meteor impact. I think the destiny gates are the susceptible to damage than the milkyway gates because they have to be easier to manufacture from materials gathered by the seed ships.

Comment

in the movie ark of truth it shows the alterins not shure if a spelled that right or not but it says,millons of years ago,in a distant galaxy,meaning the galaxy where the ori come form,when they left you can see one of them almost forget his note book and he tells this women i had a really good idea last night ,when he picks up the notebook there is a skitch of a stargate on it,and seeing how the stargate on destiny was like windows 95 to use,or at least one of the first,which tells us it had to be at least a millon years old,the stargate in anartica was said to be the first one on earth meaning same time as destiny being built? or there some where around,the thing that does not make sense is if we had advanced that far that long ago,[meaning if there was an outpost with drones]how did ra conquer earth,so we forgot about all of this and reverted back to being premative,after making all the way to the ori galaxy and then going the other way and making it all the way to pegasuse galaxy,and then we just forgot,to many writers on to many shows prove story lines change,just one of those things

Comment

THe Ancients packed up all they had here right after the plague, and left for the Pegasus galaxy. When they returned as mentioned by Merlin, they had little tech left here to rebuild up and so went their separate ways to other planets. So when Ra and co came to earth, there was no ancients to stop them.

Comment

What if the Destiny gates are designed to be "easy" to build and with basic elements that you will be able to find all around the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by LeFay View Post
                              What if the Destiny gates are designed to be "easy" to build and with basic elements that you will be able to find all around the universe.
                              Yeh that's pretty much my view. They're basic build. The seed ships wouldn't have time IMO to go searching for loads of Naquadah and Naquadah is probably hard to mine for a crewless ship so it had to build the gates from easier elements and metals. It's not like they were intending on seeding entire galaxies to go live in them, they just needed basic gates to get to planets for supplies along their journey or for travelling along like a gate bridge should Destiny get destroyed.
                              If the seed ships are heading for the centre of the Universe which is what I believe then time is precious, they need the seed ships to seed gates quickly so a basic gate makes more sense. The fact they aren't made of Naquadah also explains why the gates don't have enough power to gate beyond nearby gates.

Comment

i think when rush said the gate used on Destiny predated the ones in the MW he was meanning that the gates were like the frist designs used by the Alterans when they frist build gates in the MW(if thats where they frist started useing them?)that way Destiny doesnt have to go rigth to planets it just drops out of FTL in range it also limits how the gates can be used without Destiny or a remote

Comment

Working...
                                X