Prometheus (611)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
    Carter knows almost everything about the ship by the looks of things, but doesn't appear to have been particularly involved in the project. Even more unbelievable, Jonas also has a detailed understanding of the ships systems. When did either of them find the time for this between all their SG-1 adventures?!
    In some of her non-existent spare time, apparently Sam helped design and build the engines for the Prometheus, as well as assisting in the building of the thing. It was probably a few of her clones that were manufactured in order to use her many talents to their fullest - between being on SG1, going on missions, being a scientist, helping build space ships, apparently being on call 24/7 for anyone at the SGC who needs help.

As mentioned above, the ease at which the camera crew take over the "most secure facility on the planet" is ridiculous. Add to that a bunch of useless bad guys and you have the makings of a pretty weak episode.
    I agree with Jack with his "did anyone bother to do a background check on these guys". They should also have inspected every bit of camera equipment the TV crew brought with them, but nothing was said about any of that. They should also have frisked each person from the TV station that was going to see the Prometheus. Maybe a bit of overkill, but it would be understandable given it was a TV crew with a reporter highly motivated to get that kind of information to the public, who would likely have gone to great lengths herself to obtain some secret information she would then broadcast (regardless of confidentiality agreements and the like).

Comment

I stuck a VHS ep in the machine...

1. Now before going into this ep I knew what Prometheus was, my surprise that Donovan knew about Prometheus but knew zippo about the SGC.

2. Was surprised that the producer guy was in on the raid.

3. Don't think I've ever seen Jack more POd before or since.

4. Those guys were possibly trying to make sure Sam wasn't armed or more likely hadn't read the Evil Overlord or henchman lists.

5. OK, the Asgard ship showing up was a slight Dues ex Machina but it set up an awesome so they're forgiven.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

A good adventure--but all based on terrible security.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          A good adventure--but all based on terrible security.
          cough cough usaf security cough
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            3. Don't think I've ever seen Jack more POd before or since.
            What about Red Sky? I think he was more POd in that.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              What about Red Sky? I think he was more POd in that.

Seaboe
              true that was scary
              sigpic
              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Sure the security was lax, but I can see the AF getting complacent at times. This will make them sit up and take notice.

Great visual effect of the ship rising out of the ground!
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Great midseason finale.

Now, Earth has its own spaceship, unfortunately the Asgard need it now. I don't think that will end well.

Spoiler:
                  It's a shame that this is the only 303-class that will ever be built

Tomorrow, those nasty Replicators are back, and now they're human.
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved the 'clunky' look of the Prometheus, it had that look of experimentation about it, really showed it was Earth's first attempt at building a spaceship! It was my favourite ship in the Stargate universe until the Destiny came along. Even got to play around on the set and sit in the captain's chair, so it's always great to see the Prometheus again on screen after that fun experience!

Prometheus was just another example of Earth's early attempts at well, being out there in space! This is what I liked about early Stargate, they had to work a bit harder, putting stuff together with a bit of a hit and miss approach.

That's why I like this episode, they went for it big time with the X303, not expecting it to be of use in the near future but they were learning. Great idea for the villainous Simmons to use the Goa'uld to finish the work and get his just deserts for trying to get one up on the Goa'uld before it did it to him.

There were some moments that didn't really work, the fight sequence before the Goa'ulded Simmons was airocked was not well done at all. If it was meant to be slow motion, why did it look like a load to kids playing mock slow motion fighting?! Also agree about the security, or lack of it, it was ludicrously easy for the bad guys to get on board without being thoroughly searched, no way should they have been able to bring zats along with them!

Still, by ignoring these odd moments it is always an entertaining episode overall for me.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Are we suppose to believe that the rogue NID are behind the leak of Prometheus? Because if not it irks me that we never found out who leaked the information. I also want to know how the camera crew got behind camera crew. I can understand the people being clean but what I don't understand is how the crew could sneak a few zats into the X-303. That would be an interesting one to answer. Besides that it was a good episode. I like seeing Jonas and Sam doing things on their end to shut down Prometheus while at the same time Jack and Teal'c tried something to "save" the day. It showed that while apart the two still work as a team. Plus Simmons finally died which is a plus. The Replicators seems tacked on to end on a cliffhanger
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Are we suppose to believe that the rogue NID are behind the leak of Prometheus? Because if not it irks me that we never found out who leaked the information. I also want to know how the camera crew got behind camera crew. I can understand the people being clean but what I don't understand is how the crew could sneak a few zats into the X-303. That would be an interesting one to answer. Besides that it was a good episode. I like seeing Jonas and Sam doing things on their end to shut down Prometheus while at the same time Jack and Teal'c tried something to "save" the day. It showed that while apart the two still work as a team. Plus Simmons finally died which is a plus. The Replicators seems tacked on to end on a cliffhanger
                          Probably because it is a cliffhanger.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Perhaps a member of the Rogue NID was the one who rigged the screening of the camera crew and 'overlooked' their zats as well...
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This was another great episode of the season, and I loved the cliffhanger. I was very pleased when Simmons was dealt with. And I enjoyed the scene between Teal'c and Jack afterwards.

I never really thought about how the camera crew was "overlooked" so easily. They may have had just background checks done on them, but with where they were being so secure, they would have at least scanned the equipment. So I'm going to have to go with what Fems said as the best reason why they got in their and took over so easily. Or it's a big plot hole that was overlooked.
                              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I actually liked this ep even though a few of you didn't.

Seeing Prometheus for the first time (again) was great. Even under the circumstances. The ships of Stargate are just one of the reasons why I love Stargate. And I actually quite like the design of Prometheus. Just doesn't look as good as the Daedalus class ships.

One thing I do agree on is the camera crew thing. Should not have been so easy for them to get weapons aboard.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X