No announcement yet.

Not all Wraith hives have queens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as a reference: Guaould symbiotes reproduce both asexually and sexually.

Comment

My guess is that since the Queens are so domiant they produce asexually. Or they mate with a male Wraith then bite his head off. Hey anything is possible.

Comment

It would seem that Queens are able to produce both sexually and asexually. Asexual production would lead to your garden variety soldiers while sexual would lead to commanders. It kinda makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
          It would seem that Queens are able to produce both sexually and asexually. Asexual production would lead to your garden variety soldiers while sexual would lead to commanders. It kinda makes sense...
          For some... I understand what you mean though, from what spoilers I've seen SoW will make Wraith reproduction a bit clearer anyways

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
            somehow i think they are heading to the wraith capital planet, which is hidden outside the galaxy
            I dont think the wraith would need to hide their capital planet outside the galaxy because they have been in the PG for thousands of years and the last threat they had was the ancients and they left so why would they waste their time and another thing is there is nothing outside a galaxy apart from a gap of nothing then another galaxy i think and we know the wraith cant travel to another galaxy or they would of gone straight to earth as soon as they found out where it was.

Comment

I think the soldiers are produced asexually - they're probably genderless as you said Zafuel but I believe they stay that way. They are the expendable ones and can be produced quickly en masse.
              I don't think they are genderless. Think they are just male. But I don't know how queens "decide" if a male has to be born or a female? Do they have that decision? Does she breed what she needs or does she breed what she gets? So many things are yet unexplained.

"Most wraith fear being without a queen" I think it's because they can't reproduce and replenish their numbers. Think only queens can do that.
              On your knees human!! *hiss*

Comment

It would have been really interesting if they had worked that out more. But probably they had no clue either how to do this. If you look at a bee hive: the workers (soldiers) are females then you have the males which mate with the queen. I would have done it like that: the soldiers arise from unfertilized eggs and the males from fertilized eggs (as opposed to the bees) but as the males are more developed and smarter thant the soldiers, it makes sense.
                Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Working...
                X