Battle Report BAMSR

Precise count of friendly ships that entered hyperspace = 16

2 Earth ships
    1 Aurora Traveler Ship
    6 Standard Traveler Ships
    7 Wraith Hive Ships

Battle Summary
    Alpha Strike
    Earth ships using railguns (yellow) and Standard Traveler ships (red) exit hyperspace and immediately open up on the enemy. No Replicator ships appear to have shields up, and 4 ships are targeted: 1 is destroyed, 2 sustain moderate damage, 1 takes light damage.

Bridge Dialogue
    Ellis orders targeting of the hyperdrive with the Beam weapons, gives clearance to launch F302s and beam down Fran + Rodney's team

Main Battle
    A Hive ship is taking damage while attacking a Replicator ship's shields and launching darts. The Darts follow a group of F302s in and make a run on the nearest ship, blowing through the shields and doing moderate hull damage while another ship's shields is hit by a lone STS. The view shifts and we now see a Replicator ship exploding in the background (2nd kill) as STS fire and a beam weapon pounding another Replicator ships' shields. Two others are seen taking light explosive damage. (Scene: Wraith Hive Ship transfers power to Hull Regeneration)

Two hive ships are shown taking damage as the Daedalus destroys the closest Replicator Ship with beam weapons (3rd kill). The other hive is getting hammered by 3 Replicators and the one they are attacking has shields still holding. (Scene: Caldwell encourages McKay to hurry up, and Fran begins to activate)

Yet another hive ship is taking damage as F302s fly by. Another Replicator ship is exploding (4th kill) and two more are taking shield damage, unfortunately a Traveler ship making an attack run gets destroyed (1st friendly loss) and a hive ship is taking heavy damage. Another hive ship can be seen engaging a single Replicator ship in the far background. (Carter remarks that they don't realize what's happening while Fran sucks everything in on the planet)

Multiple Traveler vs. Replicator engagements can be seen as Sheppard takes out a Replicator ship attempting to escape (5th kill), as the shot pans we can see a Hive Ship being destroyed. Fran begins to draw everything in as 2 replicator ships are taking hull damage, 2 more have their shields hit, and 2 collide into each other in the background. At this point the Replicators can't defend themselves and the battle is pretty much over.

Results
    5 Replicator Ships Destroyed During Battle
    1 Traveler Ship Destroyed
    1 Hive Ship Destroyed
    Several Hive Ships Damaged
    Unknown # of Traveler Ships Damaged
    2 Earth Ships Intact
    Last edited by Malakriss; 04 January 2008, 10:07 PM.

y'know they should have come back, some alliance?

except Larrin though, she can go away , never come back
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
      Precise count of friendly ships that entered hyperspace = 16

2 Earth ships
      1 Aurora Traveler Ship
      6 Standard Traveler Ships
      7 Wraith Hive Ships

Battle Summary
      Alpha Strike
      Earth ships using railguns (yellow) and Standard Traveler ships (red) exit hyperspace and immediately open up on the enemy. No Replicator ships appear to have shields up, and 4 ships are targeted: 1 is destroyed, 2 sustain moderate damage, 1 takes light damage.

Bridge Dialogue
      Ellis orders targeting of the hyperdrive with the Beam weapons, gives clearance to launch F302s and beam down Fran + Rodney's team

Main Battle
      A Hive ship is taking damage while attacking a Replicator ship's shields and launching darts. The Darts follow a group of F302s in and make a run on the nearest ship, blowing through the shields and doing moderate hull damage while another ship's shields is hit by a lone STS. The view shifts and we now see a Replicator ship exploding in the background (2nd kill) as STS fire and a beam weapon pounding another Replicator ships' shields. Two others are seen taking light explosive damage. (Scene: Wraith Hive Ship transfers power to Hull Regeneration)

Two hive ships are shown taking damage as the Daedalus destroys the closest Replicator Ship with beam weapons (3rd kill). The other hive is getting hammered by 3 RS and the one they are attacking has shields still holding. (Scene: Caldwell encourages McKay to hurry up, and Fran begins to activate)

Yet another hive ship is taking damage as F302s fly by. Another Replicator ship is exploding (4th kill) and two more are taking shield damage, unfortunately a Traveler ship making an attack run gets destroyed (1st friendly loss) and a hive ship is taking heavy damage. Another hive ship can be seen engaging a single Replicator ship in the far background. (Carter remarks that they don't realize what's happening while Fran sucks everything in on the planet)

Multiple Traveler vs. Replicator engagements can be seen as Sheppard takes out a Replicator ship attempting to escape (5th kill) and as the shot pans we can see a Hive Ship being destroyed. As Fran begins to draw everything in, 2 replicator ships are taking hull damage, 2 more have their shields hit, and 2 collide into each other in the background. At this point the Replicators can't defend themselves and the battle is pretty much over.

Results
      5 Replicator Ships Destroyed During Battle
      1 Traveler Ship Destroyed
      1 Hive Ship Destroyed
      Several Hive Ships Damaged
      Unknown # of Traveler Ships Damaged
      2 Earth Ships Intact
      Well done on a recap. Green for you.

Any screencaps?

Comment

I'm still working on a way to pull HD video off my Comcast DVR, so far it's being rather stubborn. If anyone else can provide screencaps feel free, I don't know if I'll be able to.

One observation I'd like to make is that the Wraith ships seem to have taken the brunt of the damage, which makes perfect sense because the Replicators have their directive to specifically attack them. I have no doubt that if the battle continued without interference more hive ships would have been completely destroyed, probably a couple Traveler ships as well. We would obviously make a strategic withdraw at that point, with less than 10 of 30 Replicator ships destroyed and over half our fleet gone.

Comment

that was well done. i liked how you were able to go through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
            I'm still working on a way to pull HD video off my Comcast DVR, so far it's being rather stubborn. If anyone else can provide screencaps feel free, I don't know if I'll be able to.

One observation I'd like to make is that the Wraith ships seem to have taken the brunt of the damage, which makes perfect sense because the Replicators have their directive to specifically attack them. I have no doubt that if the battle continued without interference more hive ships would have been completely destroyed, probably a couple Traveler ships as well. We would obviously make a strategic withdraw at that point, with less than 10 of 30 Replicator ships destroyed and over half our fleet gone.
            If there is a way to watch it on your computer, using the VLC Media Player, you can take easy screencaps.

Comment

Great recap of the battle! Definitely the best on Stargate and way better than BSG. If only it had been longer, it was epic!

As for the comment on Larrin, let her stay. As someone put it, Sheppard's met his match and he likes it.
              Rush rocks.

Comment

I can confirm that exactly 6 Hives successfully entered hyperspace when the retreat was sounded.

And the battle report prior to the battle over the Asuran homeworld?

Oberoth initially posesses 38 Aurora-class vessles trackable through RepliKeller's gift. The first one destroyed with Asgard technology elicits a response from Carter to the effect of "One down, thirty-seven to go".

One week later, Sheppard confirms that a total of 7 more ships have been destroyed by the two 304s through solo ambush tactics.

For the rest of the episode, the number of Asuran warships is quoted at 30. From the above count, it would seem that this number was always exact, not approximate.

Comment

Originally posted by lazarus2405 View Post
                  I can confirm that exactly 6 Hives successfully entered hyperspace when the retreat was sounded.

And the battle report prior to the battle over the Asuran homeworld?

Oberoth initially posesses 38 Aurora-class vessles trackable through RepliKeller's gift. The first one destroyed with Asgard technology elicits a response from Carter to the effect of "One down, thirty-seven to go".

One week later, Sheppard confirms that a total of 7 more ships have been destroyed by the two 304s through solo ambush tactics.

For the rest of the episode, the number of Asuran warships is quoted at 30. From the above count, it would seem that this number was always exact, not approximate.
                  38? damn, I was one off.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                    Well done on a recap. Green for you.

Any screencaps?
                    Coming right up ....

Comment

If only imageshack would load today....

Comment

Working...
                      X