No announcement yet.

Secrets (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having attended many mil parties (command xmas parties and such), rank-decorum is often tossed by officers chatting with one another (same for enlisted), except for officer to enlisted, or E1-6 and those of the E7 and up category.

Comment

Secrets is like a 3-for-1 story. There's the medal ceremony where Carter bumps into dad, and Jack has to deal with a reporter/leak. Daniel and Teal'c off to Abydos to inform good father that Daniel couldn't bring Sha're home, only to find her there with child.

It has all the makings of a filler, or a set-up for what is yet to come -- hindsight is now 20/20 obviously -- so a set-up for what is in store the remainder of the season. At least as far as Jacob Carter and Sha'ra are concerned. Can't remember how that whole debacle with the reporter continues.

I really enjoy seeing Abydos again, and Sha're and Kasuf. That place gives me warm, fuzzy feelings (and no, not because of the hot, sandy Sahara look).

O'Neill's line where he bids farewell to grab some air, has me in stitches every single time.

How would you rate SG-1's "Secrets?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible

3-episode quiz -- THIS WAY!

Jigsaw puzzle!
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 03 January 2018, 11:04 AM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Petty thing, but it gets me--the reporter orders "beer" at the bar. At no bar I've ever been to can you just order "beer." Now, I know they didn't want any brand names, but he could've ordered a type "lager" or "ale" or "IPA". Shows to go that the writer(s) didn't know anything about beer, IMO.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Err... you can order a beer in Belgium -- which usually means you get the standard beer available in every bar. If you want it to be a bit more specific, you'll have to add the kind you want.

Comment

This episode has one of my favorite Jack one liners where Her'ur ask him if he dares to challenge me. This is what you call an arc building episode. By itself it's not that exciting but now I realize how important it is in introducing Jacob and starting the Harseis child. I remember someone thinking that the killing of the reporter was rogue NID. Unless evidence shows otherwise, I say it was a accident even if it's a big confidence.

Perfect score on quiz and 4 minutes and 55 seconds on puzzle
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

4 of 15 &7min 37sec
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                4 of 15
                I think it's time for a refresher course, for you.

Comment

Professor Jelgate will help. Get a question right and you get a jello cup. Get a question wrong and we use Goa'uld pain sticks.

The reward and punishment system might need some work
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

[QUOTE=jelgate;14609565]Professor Jelgate will help. Get a question right and you get a jello cup./QUOTE]

If I get another question right do I get some jello in the cup?

Anyway, it is not the questions I get wrong, it is the answers
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Professor Jelgate's classes and tests to take at your own risk.

Comment

FH is correct. She has earned some Asgard food. I like the yellow ones
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

7 MInutes and 52 Seconds. I should probably start watching these episodes as I can't really remember enough for reactions for this episode.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

6 minutes and 3 seconds

Comment

12/15 7:24

Love this episode

Poor Daniel-- seeing Sha're again pregnant with a false god's baby. Some good moments between them.

Makes my heart ache for Daniel, but golly gee, I cannot stand Sha're.

Poor Jack-- Jack is great at not reacting to the reporter. Did we ever find out if it was truly an accident, or was it to take him out?

Love Jack hitting Her'ur ( or whatever his name is) with the knife, and him agreeing with Carter for her explanation.

Poor Sam-- can't tell her dad that her job is sooo much better than the astronaut program. Jacob is tough, but I think he also really wants to see his little girl happy. He wants to control everything to his specifications to make that happen before he dies. Poor Jacob-- doesn't have a clue.

Comment

Nope, we never found out if it were an accident or not.

Personally, I liked that. In real life, we often never get all the answers.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X