• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Pieces (108)

Visit the Episode GuideSTAR TREK: PICARD - SEASON ONE
    BROKEN PIECES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108
    Picard and his crew must find a new path forward when Soji comes on board the La Sirena, sending Rios into an emotional spiral. On board the Artifact Narissa plans the Romulan assault on the synth homeworld, while Seven of Nine arrives to try and help stop her.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 March 2020, 11:33 PM.

I kind of know there will be will you shut a f up after that in your face i dold you so Picard was finished with.
    And was thinking the same thins at the time. Seven enters the room the most perfect time just when Romulans find Elron and raid is in progress. All mysterious cults of Romulans are only women who use men as mindless soldiers who cant get the job done. And well thats usually normal as two different women groups cant stand each other. And the green flashing in this manipulation video these Romulans see about the future or past was shaped like United States has some reason to something ?

And then the Borg subspace tunnels they used to get there planet and just in the end of the episode just before it ends and starts to show the preview for next episode. They get out of that tunnel wormhole fast travel there is one more ship behind them. Is that Narek or someone who knew how to track them, but the tracker is off now and it was like 24 light years away that takes them to get there is 4 days and for Romulans probably few months or years as we know that in worp 9 it would of took something 40 plus years for Voyager to travel back that something 80 000 light years so whats 24 000 to take Romulans to get there planet. That small narek ship was bulled in the trans warp of Borg when they use it or how did he know how to use it or they got this technology from Borg cube and know how to use these tunnels. That much dont make sense.

But well thats all this new Star Trek that dont make much sense.
    And this synths like so dangerous to the galaxy thing is like The Orville Android evasion. Whats original left for Star Trek now ?

And weird as this is serialized show now then why we have part 1 and part 2 for 9th and 10th episode ?
    How does that fit in the picture when all 10 episodes is one part of a 10 episode story
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I didn't really like this episode much. It was definitely an episode where the B plot was significantly more important than the A plot. But I was frankly dissapointed.

I still don't forgive them for giving Hugh such a lame and unceremonious death, but I thought the point of that was at least for Seven of Nine to unleash some kickass Borg vengeance upon the bad guys.

We get a great dramatic scene of her going all "WE ARE BORG" and then... nothing. The Romulans immediately kill all the Borg drones, seemingly rendering her seemingly powerless, and then they just leave on their own. Did Seven even do anything? We see a group of XBs attack her, but I'm not sure if we were given any reason to think that had anything to do with what Seven was doing?

The camera lingered so long on that one Romulan ship that I was thinking we'd at least see it get caught in a Borg tractor beam and then destroyed. If Seven had at least taken out some of the fleeing Romulan ships, then that could have at least been something.

I was kind of hoping we'd see something like the bad guy lady gleefully gunning down Borg after Borg, only for their personal shields kick in after a few shots. Then the Romulans would realize they are screwed and need to make a break for it.

It's a strange development to learn what the larger story is about. I'm getting kind of a Mass Effecty vibe from it. So the Romulans are trying to stop the development of artificial life because once a certain point of technological progress is reached, some unknown destroyer (ala the Reapers) arrive to wipe out all civilization? There's even a Prothean beacon warning equivalent in the Admonition.

This raises all sorts of questions even if you discount the fact that this obsession with synthetic life has never been implied before this show. If the Romulans are trying to prevent a catastrophe, then why keep that a secret? Why try to manipulate Starfleet by sabotaging the attempted rescue of their own species, instead of just showing the Federation the Admonition?

"Hey, unknown aliens will destroy us all if we keep researching this technology" sounds like a much much simpler method of getting AI research banned. They apparently didn't even try it.
      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 13 March 2020, 10:35 PM.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

We get a great dramatic scene of her going all "WE ARE BORG" and then... nothing. The Romulans immediately kill all the Borg drones, seemingly rendering her seemingly powerless, and then they just leave on their own. Did Seven even do anything? We see a group of XBs attack her, but I'm not sure if we were given any reason to think that had anything to do with what Seven was doing?

The group of XBs kill of the 2 Romulan guys the Nerissa or what ever the girls name was and then make massive hug to her. Like well it wasnt her time to die and well cause she is a women then it's not easy to kill. Men on the other hand was one touch on a neck and boom dead. Took like 10 XBs to touch Nerissa and lots of reaching hands but nope she can just teleport of of it and no harm done. Why is it so woke like women are the strong and survive everything while all men warriors we have seen are all so easy to kill in every episode we have seen about this show all men are just there and killed off stupid easy

Edit:

Actually one more thing that makes 0 sense. Picard have been a captain of star ship and have been plying all types of ships in hes full life. How does star ships advance in 14-20 years so insanely that you have no clue how to fly them ? It's like i understand when you have a ship that is like 200+ years from the future or you have some other species ship of what language you dont understand and the systems are totally different. But it's still mostly Star Fleet ships and it should still be basic controls. I cant understand how technology would advance in 14-20 years so drastically that absolutely everything is made from 0 and totally different what was from past.

Star Trek the next generation was 7 years and there ship was updated all the time but still it didnt advance in 7 years so crazy like it is now. It all just dont make sense. They probably made it so cause Stewart just dont know how to act the green screen moving hands in air for the hologram and make it convenient so they just made it like oof i have no idea how to operate. It just makes no sense. It's like if you have learned to ride bicycle and you have not ride it over 15-20 years you just forget and need these stability wheels in your rear to relearn the balance on the thing ? While you dont get a position to captain in your first day from school or even before school to know how to lead the ship and we had episodes where Picard had away missions to where he needed to pilot the shuttle small ships. It just feels like he have lived past 20 years under a rock or something. While he have hologram computers everywhere and knows how to operate them.
        Last edited by lopo30; 14 March 2020, 07:00 AM.
        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Very shoddy writing and no paying attention to canon nor continuity.
          A pity the cast deserved better but maybe they're right and this is all about supporting Star Trek Discovery than the existing Star Trek Universe?

Comment

I loved this episode so much.

First off just to see more of the La Sirena crew. Raffi talking with the HoloRios' was hilarious as they've been a treat whenever one of them has shown up. Agnes' first teary admission of what she did to Picard followed by that beautiful meet with Soji where she displayed such overwhelming giddy joy. Finally hearing Rios' backstory. And finally that awesome roundtable at the end where they finally became a real team. Picard's conversation with Rios about his former Captain in the end felt especially like old TNG. That hopeful feel. A real Picard speech.

Seven becoming a kind of pseudo Borg Queen was awesome. Like others I did think it was a shame that we didn't get to see Borg activating and taking down the Romulans. But I think the whole point was to demonstrate how the Romulans always made sure that the cube couldn't be a danger ever again. Even though the Romulans are gone I get the suspicion that Cube is still going to be heavily relevant shortly.

Curious to see what else occurs in regards to the Admonition. This ancient race may still be one that we are familiar with. Perhaps the Preservers or Iconians, both of which have been dealt with heavily in STO but there's still room for a little addition here and there.

Can't wait for next week. This was a nice big deep breath before we get into the last two episodes.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

"Annika still has work to do."

So... the borg queen is like a separate entity then, and Seven was just a drone to channel herself through?

Anywho... I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!

I loved the holo!Rios sit down with Raffi. The engineer's Scottish -- throwback to TOS perhaps?
              Elron thinking he'll be assimilated and that little smile when Seven is relinquished off the tubes attached to her spine. I love Elron so much.

ARGH -- I LOVE THIS SERIES.... sorry for being a squealling fan here.
              Agnes development. Soji and Picard. The team. The Romulans.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                "Annika still has work to do."

So... the borg queen is like a separate entity then, and Seven was just a drone to channel herself through?
                Possibly, but I saw it as more of an alter ego type thing.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                X