This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    It makes sense.......well.......there is a way to do everything given the time and/or money. Anything we are asked, if given all the proper information required, my team and I are able to achieve. On the other hand, yes, sometimes I am not told anything specific about a scene so I create the scenario. For example, in season one.....Teyla was to training by herself before the entrance of another character but the scene lacked intensity so I suggested adding a sparring partner for her, which ended up to be me, to spice up the beginning of the training sesson and be a more interesting lead in to the other character's entrance. It is my job to let the director and producers know what is possible......anything is possible actually with the proper prep and budget available of course, as mentioned previously.........I like black....it's a shade technically, not a color.
    Thanks for the answer. And yes, that Teyla scene was more intense with a sparring partner and you did good!

I like black....it's a shade technically, not a color.
    Tsk! I should have known.... LMAO! I was debating if I should take out black in the ecvation... Any other color than black?

Comment

It makes sense.......well.......there is a way to do everything given the time and/or money. Anything we are asked, if given all the proper information required, my team and I are able to achieve. On the other hand, yes, sometimes I am not told anything specific about a scene so I create the scenario. For example, in season one.....Teyla was to training by herself before the entrance of another character but the scene lacked intensity so I suggested adding a sparring partner for her, which ended up to be me, to spice up the beginning of the training sesson and be a more interesting lead in to the other character's entrance. It is my job to let the director and producers know what is possible......anything is possible actually with the proper prep and budget available of course, as mentioned previously.........I like black....it's a shade technically, not a color.
      That was in The Siege, right? I loved that scene That was the first time I had ever seen you rather than just heard about you. I vote for more scenes like that

Comment

so have you ever heard of or even participated in Pankrantion ( i think thats how it is spelled) ?

oh and what is your most effective and favorite fighting style?

thank you so much for answering my questions , you are so fantastic and cute , i love the fighting styles you have chosen for Atlantis
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Hi Bam Bam:

Well, I just returned from a wedding in the mountains close to a place called Frank Slide. You must have visited there in your travels. It's amazing what nature can do.

This is the mountain after the slide that buried a town in 1903 killing 70 people. It was caused by the unstable rock that made up the mountain.

An image of the rubble in the aftermath. In places, it was three stories high. As it traveled down the mountain, it moved with such force, that the rubble traveled over a mile away and deposited boulders that were bigger than houses. It would make for an awesome storyline. I thought I'd share my experience regarding that natural disaster with everyone.

Anyway, since you are in the industry, do you need to have an agent like the writers and actors?
          Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 12 June 2007, 05:35 PM.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
            Hi Bam Bam:

Spoiler:

Well, I just returned from a wedding in the mountains close to a place called Frank Slide. You must have visited there in your travels. It's amazing what nature can do.

This is the mountain after the slide that buried at town in 1903 killing 70 people. It was caused by the unstable rock that made up the mountain.

An image of the rubble in the aftermath. In places, it was three stories high. As it traveled down the mountain, it moved with such force, that the rubble traveled over a mile away and deposited boulders that were bigger than houses. It would make for an awesome storyline. I thought I'd share my experience regarding that natural disaster with everyone.

Anyway, since you are in the industry, do you need to have an agent like the writers and actors?
            OMG

the geologist in me actually found myself studying them two pics and decifering the rocks and stuff
            help!
            i actually learned stuff in college
            noooooooo
            *ahem*

anyhoo....
            i had a question didnt i....
            lol
            oh yeah
            i want to take up martial arts of some form and i was wondering what you would recommend?
            all ive ever done was a few classes of kickboxing but that club shut.
            Last edited by mayogaelz; 12 June 2007, 05:29 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

the jury is still out if Satedans even have family jewels or not anyway!
              Ack! Satedans are lierally action men?! (To quote a famous line from Red Dwarf, "nothing down there but a trademark" )

Hi Bam Bam:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/DSC00911.jpg

This is the mountain after the slide that buried at town in 1903 killing 70 people. It was caused by the unstable rock that made up the mountain.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/DSC00914.jpg

Wow. I didn't actually realise the scale of those pictures until I noticed in the foreground of the first one what turned out to be a highway with a teeeeeny tiny little car on it! That's just... wow! Awesome in the strictest sense of the word... leaving you in awe of the sheer power of nature.

Interesting to read about your varied martial arts experience BamBam. I used to take Shukokai karate classes myself and got as far as orange belt before having to give up due to moving countries!! I found it had an amazing effect on overall fitness and flexibility (especially given that I have both tight tendons *and* arthritis in my knees) - the regular stretching exercises at the beginning of each class worked wonders over time.

It gave me a lot of confidence too... I remember at the time getting hassled by a guy in a bar who just wouldn't quit despite repeated polite requests and eventually I just turned to him and said, "If you touch me once more, I will break your *insert swear word* arm." He left rapidly at that point. Now I may not actually have been able to break his arm but karate gave me the confidence to sound as though I damn well meant to have a go and, as my Sensei told me, I effectively used karate in self-defence there.. as my confidence in my ability to defend myself physically meant that I was able to stop the situation *before* it became physical.

I really should think about taking it up again.....
              sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, the Frank Slide. I just learned about it in University. The theory goes that there was a Coal seam near the base of the mountain and it was the mining that contributed to the slide. The town that got buried was named Frank, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                  so have you ever heard of or even participated in Pankrantion ( i think thats how it is spelled) ?

oh and what is your most effective and favorite fighting style?

thank you so much for answering my questions , you are so fantastic and cute , i love the fighting styles you have chosen for Atlantis
                  Thank you very much......Yes I have a very limited exposure to Pankration but I am aware of it......I have done a small amount of training within that particular discipline and find it very effective for sure. I don't have a favorite, whatever works for the given situation is good for me!!

Comment

Hi Bam Bam:

This is the mountain after the slide that buried a town in 1903 killing 70 people. It was caused by the unstable rock that made up the mountain.

No.....no agent required.....only word of mouth. I have had an acting agent before but I was always too busy with stunts to go to auditions so........

Comment

Originally posted by mayogaelz View Post
                      OMG

the geologist in me actually found myself studying them two pics and decifering the rocks and stuff
                      help!
                      i actually learned stuff in college
                      noooooooo
                      *ahem*

anyhoo....
                      i had a question didnt i....
                      lol
                      oh yeah
                      i want to take up martial arts of some form and i was wondering what you would recommend?
                      all ive ever done was a few classes of kickboxing but that club shut.
                      It really depends on what is available in your area and what your particular needs are.

Comment

are there days you're really not looking forward too while working on Atlantis

Comment

BamBam... just saw Silver Surfer (very fun flick) and saw your name in the credits, but couldn't spot ya. What exactly did you do for them?

Comment

OMG I *so* want to see that! (Not only for Chris Evans and Ioan Gruffudd but I like Jessica Alba as an actress too) And now I have an extra reason to watch it

Comment

Originally posted by Nick-J View Post
                              are there days you're really not looking forward too while working on Atlantis
                              Nope!!! I love my job!! The only day I'm not looking forward to would be the last day of shooting for the series.....whenever that maybe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                                BamBam... just saw Silver Surfer (very fun flick) and saw your name in the credits, but couldn't spot ya. What exactly did you do for them?
                                I was in a few different sequences but I think there should be a close-up during the army shooting at the surfer in the forest......he blows us up.....I'm the soldier at the very front, on the ledge, in the middle.......

Comment

Working...
                                X