X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psh Writers can't get it right

Remember Bates on the apollo?

Bates: the air force gave me an honorable discharge

Idiot writers. Bates was a marine, this was pretty obvious in the pilot, and in subsequent season 1 episodes.

I don't remember the show ever saying which branch of the armed services he was part of.

sigpic

Comment

It was made pretty obvious by him wearing marine uniforms in many of the episodes. Lt. Ford was also a marine, as he wore the same uniform in the pilot and in many subsequent episodes.

John Sheppard never wore any of the MARPAT camo uniforms. He was air force.

Comment

Did he actually say airforce? I thought he just said the military. But Yeah he was definatly a Marine in S1. I guess they pulled a reverse Reynolds.

Perfecto!

Comment

how about a WHO CARES

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
            how about a WHO CARES

Comment

They said Air Force. Definitely a goof.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

OK. They messed up one point about a character who hasn't been around for almost three seasons. Would've been great if they'd caught that error, but other than that, it's not a big deal.

And what does "Psh" mean? I have my ideas, but they aren't complimentary.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                  They said Air Force. Definitely a goof.
                  But a minor one.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post

Comment

Or maybe since the Airforce seems to be in charge of the SGC, perhaps Landry gave him the honerable discharge being his ultimate CO?

Comment

I don't see why it matters. SG-1 made much bigger goofs throught the seasons with ranks and branches of the military.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It's not like they divided by zero.

Comment

Folks, chill out. And i suggest that you check out the forum rules about respecting others....calling them names isn't respect.

Lose the uppity attitude.

The writers made a mistake. Ain't the first, won't be the last. Just because folks have noticed and commented on it doesn't make them a lower form of life. It makes them observant fans.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Writers are not us.. The Fans.

I mean yes, they are fans of the show, but unlike us, they don't look and know everylittle detail!

Series 4 of Atlantis has been SOO good and the writers have done such a great job! Not that past series of Atlantis where not Excellent, but 4 has so far been a masterpiece. So lets give the writers credit when credit is due, and not slate them or one tiny mistake, from a character we have not seen since series 1!
                              15 episodes of great writing, surly allows them one minor goof?

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              I don't see why it matters. SG-1 made much bigger goofs throught the seasons with ranks and branches of the military.
                              SG-1 made Big Mistakes with the Plots aswell! LOL. Remember the 2nd Supergate? each segment was bigger than a normal gate! Then theres the overly complex Ancient timeline! Whats going on there?
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X