No announcement yet.

Ratings go up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing can save SGU now...even if its a great show.
    SyFy is just stalling for time, but i know they wont renew for a 3rd season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
      Nothing can save SGU now...even if its a great show.
      SyFy is just stalling for time, but i know they wont renew for a 3rd season.
      They're not stalling, they announced ages ago that they weren't going to renew. All we can hope for now is some form of continuation on another format.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        They're not stalling, they announced ages ago that they weren't going to renew. All we can hope for now is some form of continuation on another format.
        Agreed. Syfy has laid all it's cards out on the table right now. If SGU got the numbers, they would re-asses thier position. If MGM produced movies, they would support them. The people "stalling" right now are MGM and Brad, thats all.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
          I say skip the CGI trailers and just make a Stargate RPG.
          also wholly endorsed over here. there's so many story telling opportunities in an RPG. Lots of side quests and trading missions with other races, forging alliances and making enemies, freedom of exploration, tons of gate travel, space battles and ground missions, nuanced character development with plenty of classic Stargate humor, continuations of unfinished storylines, puzzle solving, etc... I can see Bethesda Softworks developing such a game. (They did Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and soon to be released Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which looks AMAZING!! Also, they did Fallout 3 and New Vegas.)

Off topic yes, but hey it's a totally viable medium to continue the Stargate legacy. I would argue that it could be more substantive than any movie could contain in 90 minutes. They could even hire the original actors to be the voice talent for ultimate continuity.

If I had a ton of money I would personally fund it and it would be a reality.

As for the topic: Yay! Ratings!!

Comment

Well the problem is that while Stargate universe airs in the U.S on what Monday? We get it here (Australia) on a Friday, because of this allot of my friends download the show illegally, so when the show actually airs on sci-fi Australia most people have seen it. If it aired on the Tuesday night over here I’m sure there would be way more viewers. The reason Stargate was cancelled was entirely syfy’s fault! If they were to air Stargate in the off season like every other Stargate show in the past the ratings would justify a 3rd season.
            sigpic

Comment

Cool to see the numbers are finally going up.

But I got the feeling that the real reason is because we are finally heading into the summer season where cable ratings generally does rise because descent original programming from the networks disappears and everyone looks for something descent.

Syfy should have aired SGU in the summer months from the beginning. At least the second season.

The same thing happen in season 1 of SGU as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Crias View Post
                Well the problem is that while Stargate universe airs in the U.S on what Monday? We get it here (Australia) on a Friday, because of this allot of my friends download the show illegally, so when the show actually airs on sci-fi Australia most people have seen it. If it aired on the Tuesday night over here I’m sure there would be way more viewers. The reason Stargate was cancelled was entirely syfy’s fault! If they were to air Stargate in the off season like every other Stargate show in the past the ratings would justify a 3rd season.
                Thats just crap to justify your friends actions. I wait till Friday to watch the show and I watch it live. Does it stop me from discussing some issues, sure, do I feel a bit "behind" sure, but it's nothing in comparison to what it used to be like, like when we were basicly 3 years behind.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                  It will be interesting to see the ratings next week with the time slot moving to a time when other popular shows are on
                  What is the new date and time?

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                    What is the new date and time?
                    still Monday, but at 9pm EST. So 8pm for you

Comment

So the ratings goes up, and Syfy decides to move it to a different time slot yet again.

They really do want to destroy Stargate and stargate universe as a franchise.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 14 April 2011, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        So the ratings goes up, and Syfy decides to move it to a different time slot yet again.

The ratings increase wasn't a big statsical change
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

yes, with 4 episodes left it's really important. There's another chanel which value scifi shows. You can watch it and abandon syfy. I would certainly do it
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crias View Post
                            Well what do you think it is like for us in England. We only JUST got the first episode of 2.5 on the Monday just gone (11th of April) now that is crap. But I can tell you that I watched that on monday because A. I enjoy the episodes and can watch them over and over and B. I like to make sure I am doing my part.

Comment

i think SyFy is just bumping up SGU to the 9pm slot because Being Human is on hiatus after its season finale. it makes sense that SGU take that time slot. All they're doing is removing Being Human and pushing back SGU to fill in. There isn't another major show that they can suddenly insert for the 9pm time slot. And besides, what's really better than SGU?

Who knows, maybe the 9pm slot will be the ticket and help bring higher ratings. The remaining episodes look soooo good!

Comment

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have simul-cast every week like they did with the season finally of Lost.

It would be cool if when it airs in America 2 or 3 am our time and we get it at 9 pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X