Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli's shirt (and why it crimps his style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it doesnt "cramp his style" it shows his personality. and hopefully he has washed it or put it in the shower or something.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF View Post
      Now, as someone else pointed out, how do they remain so clean-shaven? Did someon grab a box of disposable razors from the Icarus base?
      Technically you don't need a disposable razor to shave, just a sharp knife. Something tells me the SG soldiers have those....
      "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

And if he was changing shirts every episode people would be complaining where the heck is he getting all these shirts from. Damned if you do damned if you don't seems to be the case.

Personally i'm fine with him only having the 1 shirt. I highly doubt a spare set of clothes was an important resource when they were evacuating. You can live with only 1 set of clothes you can't live with very little water and food supplies.

Comment

If he has been washing his shirt, then they better drench it in creature venom. Otherwise the microbes from the water will eat the shirt up!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
            I think this is simply showing that their resources are very very low and that fashion is not on the top of their most important things to do list.

Agreed. If somebody's clothes or uniform get shredded, I'm sure that's going to be addressed somehow. It's interesting how everybody's clothes seem to reflect who they are and their personality. We already have it with Eli and his interesting choice of clothing.

There's Chloe with her rather typical wardrobe for the attractive and fashionably inclined.

Then there's Volker with the neat sportscoat, vest, and slacks. He never seems to want to take off the vest too. He was wearing it for the Kinosodes he was in. He was wearing that even on the jungle planet. I would never have worn that in a tropical setting.

And then there's Rush. He's a scientist but his wardrobe is unique. It's rugged and informal, in direct contrast to all the other scientists. It's a setup I would perhaps wear on a very cold day near where I live.
            sigpic

Comment

I love Eli's shirt. I think, because this is sci-fi, that it's kinda funny that the shirt happens to be red though. Eli's the longest-surviving redshirt ever.

I've been assuming they'll eventually find other clothing, or the means to make more, or something. I mean, I can't see Eli still wearing that exact same shirt in season three.

I do think it might be amusing to see him get a hole in his shirt and have a mild freak-out over it. >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                I love Eli's shirt. I think, because this is sci-fi, that it's kinda funny that the shirt happens to be red though. Eli's the longest-surviving redshirt ever.

I've been assuming they'll eventually find other clothing, or the means to make more, or something. I mean, I can't see Eli still wearing that exact same shirt in season three.

I do think it might be amusing to see him get a hole in his shirt and have a mild freak-out over it. >_>
                If he's still wearing it by season 3, that red shirt will be more ripe than an orange that's turned green. However, I can picture him freaking out over a big hole in his shirt and then wondering about a permanent replacement.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                  Uhh... I thought it was obvious... and also JM said it on his blog... Where the HELL are they going to get new clothes from? the military only took through some uniforms. Eli had almost nothing on him when he went though the gate. As far as i've noticed they ALL have the same clothes on. You've prolly only noticed Eli because his is big and red (no offece to DB).

Oh and i'm sure its not that hard to wash your shirt by hand once in a while. Personally, i would find the episode entitled "laundry" quite boring.

Did you see those clothes? They are definitely not Eli. And they didn't really look like they would fit him... if you know what i mean?
                  A few of us discussed a laundry themed show in another PG thread, and with one change of clothes it would not be boring

Maybe they will crash land on a planet where Stacey and Clinton (from what not to wear) originate and the trees grow clothes?

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
                    Not at all to the detriment of his character, Eli is probably one of the best characters on SGU, but still, the lack of wardrobe is, as was previously said, turning him into a cartoon character.

He's Eli Wallace... not Charlie Brown...

Actually... *ponders* maybe he is... a little...
                    Chloe's the football and Scott's Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      If he's still wearing it by season 3, that red shirt will be more ripe than an orange that's turned green. However, I can picture him freaking out over a big hole in his shirt and then wondering about a permanent replacement.
                      Dood that is totally a gut wrenching thought

Just chuck him in the vapour shower fully clothed

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                        Dood that is totally a gut wrenching thought

Just chuck him in the vapour shower fully clothed

The same could be said for everybody else! You've got Volker with the neat slacks, shirt, vest, and sportscoat but before long that's probably going to be more ripe than Eli's getup. For one thing, he never wants to take off that vest, even in a tropical jungle.

And the there's the soldier's uniforms. God knows how much sweat they're building up in those uniforms.

Speaking of which...

Spoiler:
                        ...I saw a pair of pictures from the next episode. It looks like Lt. Scott will be leading the civilians in physical training. It also looks like everybody's got special Air Force PT gear and I saw Dr. Franklin having a bit of a hard time. This should be interesting. Volker's supposed to have a cool part in this as well.

sigpic

Comment

At least they still have their individuality. Ever notice how every time we've seen the Ancients in groups, they're all dressed the same as each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                            maybe wait for the episode called "Gap"...

The horror...the HORROR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
                              Technically you don't need a disposable razor to shave, just a sharp knife. Something tells me the SG soldiers have those....
                              Maybe if you press a certain button on a kino out pops an electic shaver attachment.. It then flies around you and shaves you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ann_Ominous View Post
                                Maybe if you press a certain button on a kino out pops an electic shaver attachment.. It then flies around you and shaves you.
                                That would definitely be one of the most useful things a Kino could do for me in real life, especially since my face fuzz grows way too quickly. Staying clean-shaven is a real pain!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X