Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli's shirt (and why it crimps his style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
    Eli and his nerd shirt...

Is it wrong that this is the umpteenth episode in a row, he's worn that same damn shirt? My god that thing must be starting to smell by now, specially since its been 3 weeks since Water... and probably a month since Air.

It is me, or does anyone else thing that, sure, Eli wasn't given real chance to pack in Air Part 1, but still, the dude needs to get something else to wear?! I'm starting to wonder if the Destiny lads are so possessive they won't lend the poor guy a spare shirt?

Any thoughts?
    They're all wearing the same clothes they have been since "Air". The only person who's changed has been Chloe--out of the dress, and into the pantsuit she was wearing aboard the Hammond.

I'm kind of surprised that this even needs discussion. Have we already forgotten how it is they got to the ship?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I'm kind of surprised that this even needs discussion. Have we already forgotten how it is they got to the ship?
      Was it a three hour tour?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF View Post
        Yea, I'm assuming they wash their clothes with the spray and wash thingy they use to shower. Now, as someone else pointed out, how do they remain so clean-shaven? Did someon grab a box of disposable razors from the Icarus base?
        When you travel there are essentials. and in most travel bags, razors are one of them. Not essential? Lets just say high humidity and a beard is not comfortable.

Comment

Maybe he takes his misty showers with his tshirt on.. who knows what people (other than Chloe) do in the bathrooms. We haven't even seen toilets, have they got the equivalent of toilet paper?

Comment

Where are they meant to get spare shirts from?
            sigpic

Comment

Still, they will eventually have to get new clothes, or else they will wear out and get holes.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                We haven't even seen toilets, have they got the equivalent of toilet paper?
                Who knows, maybe the Ancients' idea of toilets is very different and yet genius, so the crew aboard is gonna laugh at the idea of using toilet papers?
                sigpic

Comment

Bidets for all!

And pray to whatever got you believe in that that water isn't getting recycled
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                    We haven't even seen toilets, have they got the equivalent of toilet paper?
                    three seashells
                    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                      three seashells
                      You beat me to it!!!!

Since the Ancients were suppose to come on board Destiny before they changed their mind, Destiny should have everything they would need to take care of their needs. Just because we haven't seen toilets or washing machines doesn't mean they don't exist. We never saw anybody doing laundry on Atlantis either or McKay griping because the Maytags they brought from Earth weren't compatible with ancient tech and he had to go fix the conversion hook-up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Everyone is wearing the cloths they came through in, they don't have spare sets of clothes, they have to rewash everything they have. I suppose they could swap, but what would be the point? And how many of them are wearing gear that would fir Eli anyway?

Comment

maybe wait for the episode called "Gap"...

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are all wearing the clothes they came in. I doubt they were thinking much about packing a bag as the Icarus base was being blown to smithereens. They basically have what they were wearing when they jumped through the gate. Some of the scientists did have bags with them but Eli didn't bring anything with him that I know of. He was beamed out of his house and off they went.

Comment

I dunno what beef ppl have with Eli's shirt but it's a bit ridiculous. As stated by others these ppl evacuated. There was no time to go and grab clothes for an extensive period of time. Because they didn't know how long, far or even the place they where going.
                              To me this is also a fault of the writers. I Asked it before how long will we see these wearing these clothes. They are not going to waste water washing them

Comment

They had spare military uniforms Eli could fit into in Air 3, i'm surprised we havent seen him alternate, like wear his nerd shirt with military pants, or wear a military jacket instead of his hoodie. They can mix and match what little they have.

Comment

Working...
                                X