Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Well she betrayed her master, but not sure if that should be considered as a crime since Aset went rogue.
    It's my understanding she was working for Ra and was just keeping an eye on Aset. The latter betrayed Ra and Serket reported as such.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's my understanding she was working for Ra and was just keeping an eye on Aset. The latter betrayed Ra and Serket reported as such.
      Well I only watched SGO once, so my memories might be a bit fuzzy.

If I remember right, the mission reports mentions that Aset was pretty much an ''outlaw'' to the eyes of the System Lords. Instead of slavery, she gave them love, instead of pain and suffering, she bestowed her minions with gifts. Ultimately, they both report to Ra but he was elsewise occupied with matters of greater importance (fighting battles left and right trying to stop the tide of the rebellious System Lords).

Serket was not in agreement with her ways but the Harcesis child was just too much: it's what made her nark Aset to Ra. Also the fact that she had dealing with humans, which disgusted her. Being a Goa'uld, Serket is no fool. She knew that she could rise higher by being on Ra's good side.

Did I get this right?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Well... The Linvris Goa'ulds were 9 individuals that is the reason the symbol is 3 triangle with a scorpion. Maybe they plotted against Ra or the other Systemlords. Probably they also hurt Machello's planet, so that was the reason he devloped weapons against them. Anyway... Serket had 50 years to betray Ra (until the movie), so Beal was revenged by Machello. I know it is not so exciting and not important at all, but it would cause a little satisfaction as I imagined this little epilogue.

Her yelloy eyes could have been explained that her host was an Enkaran (from Scorched Earth), but this is not a fan fiction topic... Just I wanted to extend the story.
        http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Enkaran

The cloning of Isis was a disgrace as it was against the canon and not logical at all. Then what if we have more Ra as well? The writers should not have given the cloning technology to the Goa'uld as it was always as an Asgard technology until Thor was captured. And this info was also behind an All-Access episode summary...
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

If I remember right, the mission reports mentions that Aset was pretty much an ''outlaw'' to the eyes of the System Lords.
          I should remind you that those Mission Files are all-access only and therefore not available to the common public.
          I watched Origins without knowing any of that information.

(but were made public to me by a kind stargate soul -- so yes, I do remember that bit, from the files)

Comment

Hopefully they won't do such things in the future. It felt like 50% of the script is on screen then the other 50% off screen in mission files. Storytelling should never work like that...
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Hopefully they won't do such things in the future. It felt like 50% of the script is on screen then the other 50% off screen in mission files. Storytelling should never work like that...
              They will do so again and again, and again.

If the business model works, why change it?

This is literally a case of Catch-22.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                The cloning of Isis was a disgrace as it was against the canon and not logical at all. Then what if we have more Ra as well?
                This. I had some discussions with folks back then on the SGC app. My theory is that the writers thought using Isis as a name would be a bad call... you know because of terrorists and stuff. I agree completely with you that it makes no sense she had access to such technology... unless...

If I recall the mission files right, there's a mention of Ra inhabiting a different kind of host, they even hinted it was Asgard... Connection? Can you picture this? Goasgard? Asgar'uld?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I should remind you that those Mission Files are all-access only and therefore not available to the common public.
                I watched Origins without knowing any of that information.

(but were made public to me by a kind stargate soul -- so yes, I do remember that bit, from the files)
                Crap that's true. It's kind of stupid that 90% of the backstory is explained in mission files isn't it?
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The more I read about Origins, the more I don't want to watch it. I really don't want to have read a backstory in order to watch a movie.

Comment

mahybe that backstory should also be a episode... since its a TV SHOW... SHOOOOOOWWWW>>>> TV>>>>>

Comment

If I recall the mission files right, there's a mention of Ra inhabiting a different kind of host, they even hinted it was Asgard... Connection? Can you picture this? Goasgard? Asgar'uld?
                      A Go'gard?

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                      The more I read about Origins, the more I don't want to watch it. I really don't want to have read a backstory in order to watch a movie.
                      I went in with the lowest of expectations -- actually none and was more or less surprised that I kinda liked it. Not much but I liked it enough to not hate it.

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
                      mahybe that backstory should also be a episode... since its a TV SHOW... SHOOOOOOWWWW>>>> TV>>>>>
                      It's not so much a backstory than it is explanations of things they decided not to show in the feature cut. They are like missing scenes. If they had spend more time on the whole concept, it could have easily be made into a miniseries -- 4 episodes of 50 minutes perhaps.

Comment

Origins is now available on Google Play, just received the email with a code.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          And we need to care about this why?

A 2-for-1 deal for a lot of people...

Comment

Some people are more interested in new information than whining.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Some people are more interested in new information than whining.
                              And some people really give a flying fig about ... well, actually ... it doesn't matter where that fig flies, because in the end everyone looses anyway.

Comment

I got my code last night too! Really really happy about this as I just didn't fancy downloading iTunes. I've downloaded and looking forward to giving it a watch.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X